(PC) Xbox App keep redownloading the entire game whenever I tried updating the games.

Discus and support (PC) Xbox App keep redownloading the entire game whenever I tried updating the games. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It's really annoying that whenever there's a new update for any games. The (PC) Xbox app will proceed to download the entire game again. It happened... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Saravid, Feb 9, 2022.

1. Saravid
    Saravid Guest

(PC) Xbox App keep redownloading the entire game whenever I tried updating the games.

It's really annoying that whenever there's a new update for any games.
    The (PC) Xbox app will proceed to download the entire game again.
    It happened with Halo Infinite, Scarlet Nexus and now it's Back 4 Blood.
    I went over my monthly data usage because I didn't double check when Halo Infinite was updating.
    I only found out about this issue yesterday when Scarlet Nexus was updating, and I saw that it was over 22gb for an update.
    So, when I tried to cancel the update, it ended up deleting the game. Now I can't play the game because I can't download the game again since I'm close to monthly data usage limit.
    This morning there was also an update for Back 4 Blood and I was trying to see if it was just a onetime thing, so I proceeded to update the game and it happened again. I tried to cancel the update and ended up deleting Back 4 Blood too lol.

Microsoft/Xbox can you guys please fix this stupid issue.

Thank you.

:)

Saravid, Feb 9, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

The Xbox app is just an extension of the Micosoft store as games on the app download using the store. Here's another thing you can try.

Go to Windows settings >> Apps >> Xbox >> Advanced >> Repair & Reset.

After doing that, Perform the same steps for Gaming Services and Microsoft Store as well.
  3. Saravid Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

First try to reset the Store

- Go to settings by pressing the Windows + i keys
    - Navigate to Apps >>> Applications and features.
    - Select the Microsoft Store application and then click Advanced Options.
    - Click the Reset button.
    - Confirm the reset by clicking on Reset again.
    - Check the store and see if the issue is resolved.

If that doesn't work, then try to clear the Store cache;

- Try and press the "Windows + r" keys and type "wsreset.exe" (without the quotes)
    - A command prompt window will pop up and close after a few seconds.
    - When the Store automatically check if the issue is resolved.

If that doesn't help, next you can try to run the troubleshooter
    — Go to Settings by pressing Windows + i
    — Navigate to Update & Security >>> Troubleshooting.
    — Then select Windows Store Applications then choose the Run Troubleshooter.
    — It will launch and check for problems with the Microsoft Store. If it detects a problem, follow its recommendations to fix it.
    — When you're done, open the Store and check if the issue is resolved

Last step is to reinstall the Store
    — Run Windows PowerShell as administrator. (Right click on the start button and click on 'Windows Shell - Admin)
    — Now to reinstall the Store, Copy and paste this command:

Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register '$ ($ _. InstallLocation) \\ AppXManifest.xml'}
    — Open the Microsoft Store and check if the issue has been resolved.
    I'm sorry but my problem is not with the Microsoft Store but the Xbox App.
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

First try to reset the Store

- Go to settings by pressing the Windows + i keys

- Navigate to Apps >>> Applications and features.

- Select the Microsoft Store application and then click Advanced Options.

- Click the Reset button.

- Confirm the reset by clicking on Reset again.

- Check the store and see if the issue is resolved.

If that doesn't work, then try to clear the Store cache;

- Try and press the "Windows + r" keys and type "wsreset.exe" (without the quotes)

- A command prompt window will pop up and close after a few seconds.

- When the Store automatically check if the issue is resolved.

If that doesn't help, next you can try to run the troubleshooter

— Go to Settings by pressing Windows + i

— Navigate to Update & Security >>> Troubleshooting.

— Then select Windows Store Applications then choose the Run Troubleshooter.

— It will launch and check for problems with the Microsoft Store. If it detects a problem, follow its recommendations to fix it.

— When you're done, open the Store and check if the issue is resolved

Last step is to reinstall the Store

— Run Windows PowerShell as administrator. (Right click on the start button and click on 'Windows Shell - Admin)

— Now to reinstall the Store, Copy and paste this command:

Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register '$ ($ _. InstallLocation) \\ AppXManifest.xml'}

— Open the Microsoft Store and check if the issue has been resolved.
  5. Steery-Us Win User

Yeah, Microsoft store AND their, xbox gaming app SUCKS!! Nothing but problems with these apps, and funny enuff, I never had them b4 or even noticed them cuz I never needed them. Halo Infinite is the only reason for both, and I've had nothing but problems since the update came in January 19/20, 2022. I was playing on my old Athlon II, yes, Athlon II, and it played BEAUTIFULLY! Now they changed sys requirements, they have some program or sumthing that detects if u have a new gen cpu and if not, it stops the from fully launching, reduced to a background running app.

And now, with new motherboard, 3rd gen cpu, 32 gb ram and plenty hardrive room (ssd), the xbox app forces updating, no matter what, and doesn't download!^^ It says it is, but nothing's happening. Then , under those circumstances, u can't play the game! I choose not to update or turn off auto update, cancel update downloads, it just, blinks the buttons icon, that's it!!^^ Thes guys are so ridiculous!! I paid all this money for a bunch of lies and ****, LEGITAMETILLY!! (spelling, yeah, I know, don't care!)

I just got the game to launch after uninstalling the xbox app, but something else weird, it hangs in menu becasue my gpu fans suddenly stopped spinning wheen it launched. I'm gonna try to force them to spin by AMD Adrenalen, and if it works, I can launch it from there, and never have to use that stupid xbox app again. Now, if I can sucessfully uninstall gamestore and still launch halo, it's a win. I just wanna play for campaign anyway, I can care less about these wolves or whatever, don't even want the "upgrade"!
    \O>
  6. Saravid Win User

Okay I will follow all of the steps but I dont have any games that need an update at the moment.
    I also can't download any games since I'm reaching my data usage limit but will let you know if the problem fixed whenever there's an update.
Thema:

1. (PC) Xbox App keep redownloading the entire game whenever I tried updating the games. - Similar Threads - App keep redownloading

2. I keep getting error c0000006 on my computer. It pops up in certain apps and games. How to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting error c0000006 on my computer. It pops up in certain apps and games. How to...: I tried opening a Setup to install some games but I keep getting this external exception error c0000006. Also when I try to activate my windows, the settings just freezes. Any solution on how to...
  3. Xbox app keeps closing as soon as I open it, how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app keeps closing as soon as I open it, how do I fix this?: The Xbox app on my PC just closes immediately every time I open it. I don't know what else to say but this is incredibly frustrating and I have no idea what the problem is. I have all of the...
  4. I keep getting error code 0x000005b4 when I use the movies and tv app on my xbox series x....

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting error code 0x000005b4 when I use the movies and tv app on my xbox series x....: I've tried resetting my console, as well as uninstalling the app (then restarting my console and downloading the app again). Nothing that I've tried has worked consistently. Resetting my console...
  5. my computer won't open the xbox app, it keeps waiting at the black screen .

in XboX Insiders
    my computer won't open the xbox app, it keeps waiting at the black screen .: I don't use the xbox app it gives a black screen problem I can't play games on my computer. I've tried all sorts of things, like deleting, installing, updating Can anyone help me? submitted by...
  6. Xbox app keeps telling me I earned points, but I don’t see them in the app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app keeps telling me I earned points, but I don’t see them in the app.: On both my phone and Xbox Game Bar, it keeps telling me that I earned points, but when I go to open the app, nothing comes up and it just takes me to my profile. Only about 35% of the time does it...
  7. If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?: Hello, Recently I had error E106. Downloaded and tried the offline system update OSU1 but had no luck, instead error E102 came up. I haven't tried to reset the console yet because i'm worried...
  8. Account suspension keeps showing up in the Gamepass App

in XboX Insiders
    Account suspension keeps showing up in the Gamepass App: I have found this on my profile, after the pop-up shows up everytime in my Gamepass app. Everything works fine. I don’t know why it keeps coming up. Any fix? Thank you! submitted by...
  9. I keep getting we can't save more data for this game or app. What do I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting we can't save more data for this game or app. What do I do: So I load up fall out 4 and this message come up. But I have more than enough storage and two storage drives. I tried taking out the storage drives but it still says it....
  10. Help Xbox App deleted my Starfield install and keeps trying to redownload the entire 120gb...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help Xbox App deleted my Starfield install and keeps trying to redownload the entire 120gb...: Trying to move my starfield install to a different drive deleted the entire games! I though luck was on my side because I made 3 backup of the files anticipating how trash the xbox app on pc is....