PC Xbox App, Games Won't Launch

Discus and support PC Xbox App, Games Won't Launch in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Send Help! I game on Windows 11 and my Xbox pc games will not launch through the app, off the desktop as administrator. I have tried over a dozen... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CaptMoroni25, Dec 6, 2022.

1. CaptMoroni25
    CaptMoroni25 Guest

Send Help!

I game on Windows 11 and my Xbox pc games will not launch through the app, off the desktop as administrator. I have tried over a dozen fixes and can't get it working. Any Help is Welcome

:)

CaptMoroni25, Dec 6, 2022
  2. BlinkyBear9905 Win User

Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) App FAQ

Hello everyone,

I have a lot of issues with the Xbox App lately. Every time I restart my PC the app is broken, it won't launch unless I reinstall it. The problem is that if I was downloading a game before reinstalling the app, the game won't launch when finished downloading.

You can add to that various crashs with other game store apps since the last Windows 10 update and freezes during a restart of the PC.

Is there anybody with the same problems ?

Thanks guys.

PS. : My PC is perfectly up to date
  3. alexvor20 Win User

PC Xbox app won't launch games

4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Try to create another folder on the Program Files directory. Like C:\Program Files\XboxGames. Just make sure it's inside Program Files.
  5. alexvor20 Win User

I can't change it to WindowsApp. Even taken ownership of this folder not help

[​IMG]
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Also please keep in mind that since two days ago Xbox had a major server issue which affected everything from buying/downloading games and DLCs, games asking to be purchased again, payments being refused.

Their servers are still getting back to normal and some users are complaining they're still having issues. Would you please wait a few hours to see if things get back to normal again?

If you have a Xbox console, try to play games there to see if their servers are back to normal and you can properly play games. Because until their servers get completely back to normal you will not be able to run any game on Xbox App too.
Thema:

1. PC Xbox App, Games Won't Launch - Similar Threads - App Games Won't

2. Full library , Game pass app won't load

in XboX Insiders
    Full library , Game pass app won't load: Hello, Insiders. I'd like to report an issue, I am enrolled in the skip-Ahead preview ring and the full library section, the game pass app both won't open or fetch the data. Additionally, half of...
  3. my games and apps won't update. anyone have any idea in how to fix it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my games and apps won't update. anyone have any idea in how to fix it?: i have tried everything xbox support had linked to me and nothing worked. is there any thing i can do to fix this? d544534b-a916-4fc9-b731-6a64e9afa5cf
  4. Home screen and Full Library in My Games and Apps won't load.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Home screen and Full Library in My Games and Apps won't load.: I'm currently having an issue where my Home screen won't load and when I go to My Games and Apps, the Full Library section won't load. I did have an issue earlier where I couldn't load anything...
  5. Xbox App won't load Library Until I reset It also Doesn't know what Games I am downloading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App won't load Library Until I reset It also Doesn't know what Games I am downloading: When I open the Xbox App, It keeps on Loading my library to no avail. In order to fix this I have to reset the application from Windows, this fixes it temporarily. But if I close it or restart my...
  6. Xbox app won't install to my game drive because the folder it's looking for there doesn't exist

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app won't install to my game drive because the folder it's looking for there doesn't exist: I uninstalled Warhammer 40K: Darktide from my games drive F:\ via the xbox app this evening. When I went to install a different game, the app refused to list my F drive as a possible install...
  7. Xbox app won't launch any games downloaded from GamePass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app won't launch any games downloaded from GamePass: I've just gotten a Windows 11 Home PC and installed the Xbox app. I'm able to download GamePass games as expected but I'm not able to launch them. Neither hitting the Play button on a game's page...
  8. Xbox for PC App Won't Start or Let me Install Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox for PC App Won't Start or Let me Install Games: I've tried searching the forums but haven't found anything yet. I'm running into 2 specific problems with my Xbox for PC app. Xbox App Won't Start I click the icon and it shows the black splash...
  9. Some Games on Xbox PC App Won't Update with 0x80070020

in XboX Insiders
    Some Games on Xbox PC App Won't Update with 0x80070020: The full text of the error is, "You can't change your default install location while that folder is in use." The thing is, I'm not. The game is installed on a data drive separate from the OS...
  10. bought premium upgrade for mahjong now game won't open. I re=instelled app and it still...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    bought premium upgrade for mahjong now game won't open. I re=instelled app and it still...: bought premium upgrade for mahjong now game won't open. I re=instelled app and it still won't work 1e2d9616-bfd2-49af-bcf7-69801f4068aa