PC Xbox App does not save account selection - always reverts to logging in as Microsoft account

Discus and support PC Xbox App does not save account selection - always reverts to logging in as Microsoft account in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi all, hopefully someone can help with this. I have the Xbox app on PC. It starts with Windows. The default account it logs in with is the Outlook... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Mr Plowjoy, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Mr Plowjoy
    Mr Plowjoy Guest

PC Xbox App does not save account selection - always reverts to logging in as Microsoft account

Hi all, hopefully someone can help with this.

I have the Xbox app on PC. It starts with Windows. The default account it logs in with is the Outlook address used to setup the OS but that isn't my Gamepass account. It flags this and gives me the option to confirm the email address that I want to use,
    however this doesn't persist through a reboot. It reverts back to my Outlook account and I lose my Gamepass access unless I go through the same process.

In Settings > Accounts on the OS, I can see the account I want to use but for the life of me I can't find the method of setting that account to be the one always used for the Xbox app.

Any pointers? I've recently reinstalled the PC with a fresh OS and didn't have this issue previously.

:)

Mr Plowjoy, Dec 7, 2020
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Cannot instal game because it is "restricted" (I think Age restriction) but i have not set up any age limitation

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. I'm sorry you're going through this problem.

If you are on Xbox or PC do the same procedure.

Log out your account from the Xbox app and also from the Microsoft store if you are on your pc. If you are on Xbox, proceed with the procedure to remove the account from Xbox, to do so, follow the instructions below.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.

Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm.

*After that restart the console, but don't add your account to the system yet.

After doing the procedure to remove the account from the console, or log out the account from the Xbox application on the pc and also from the Microsoft store, edit your birth date via the link:

https://account.microsoft.com/profile/

Even if it's already correct, edit the birth date for anyone other than yours, after that save the new birth date. Now change back to your original birth date.

Now it's time to add your account back to your Xbox or log it into your Xbox app as well as the Microsoft store.

*Thank you in advance for contacting us, it's always a pleasure to help the Xbox community.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Microsoft Jigsaw, wrong login info, now can't change

Hi LexingtonLegacy,

Upon further research, you will need to add your other Microsoft Account as another user on your PC. Once you add the second MSA to Windows, it should allow you to sign out from the game or Xbox App and upon signing back in, it should present you with both
    accounts and you choose the right one to log in. You can even login with the correct account initially when logging into Windows, and the app will be automatically signed into the right account.

The important app to be logged into for Xbox Live data and progress is the Microsoft Store app, since apps downloaded from the Microsoft Store use the account information that is logged into the Store app.

• Select the Start button, select
      Settings > Accounts
      and then select Family & other users. (In some editions of Windows you'll see Other users.)
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Add the Microsoft Account.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Forza Horizon 4 account not working

Hi gmazgušter,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums, I'd be happy to help.

First, make sure you are logged into the right account on the Xbox Console Companion app.

To switch to a different Microsoft account:

1. Open the Xbox Console Companion app.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select Sign Out.
    4. Select Sign In.
    5. Under Use another account, select Sign in with a different Microsoft account.
    6. In the Choose an account window, select the Microsoft account that you want to sign in with.
    7. If prompted, enter the credentials associated with that Microsoft account.

[*]
    Now, make sure you are logged into the correct account on the Microsoft Store app. Open the Microsoft Store and click on the user icon next to the search box. Click on the account and then select Sign out. Once signed out, click on the user icon again
    and select Sign In. Choose the account from the list of accounts on your PC or add the account if you need to. Then start the game and it should be logged into the correct account.
  5. SammyVS Win User

Halo Master Chief Collection: Family Game Pass Sharing

I'm Samy an independent advisor and I'll be helping you :D

You are playing on PC, right?
    Log the account that has the subscription to the Microsoft Store app on your Windows and log the account you want to play the game on the Xbox app. By doing this you will be able to play with another account even if the account does not have an active subscription.
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox live profiles

Hi JenniferODonnell! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

The account being linked to Facebook does not affect that you can't log in a different account on the PC

You could try to log out of the Xbox app, then open the Console companion app, you can install it on the Microsoft store if it's not installed and install on the other account there, it will automatically log you in the Xbox app
Thema:

1. PC Xbox App does not save account selection - always reverts to logging in as Microsoft account - Similar Threads - App does save

2. does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...: I have been looking for literal HOURS on the internet and havnet found anything. I went to every setting and still nothing. if anyone could help me, that would be amazing....
  3. Xbox app does not open completely

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app does not open completely: Hello, when I try to open an Xbox application it's just stuck on Xbox logo on black screen. Like I tried some solutions but none of them didn't work. I don't know what to do anymore, If there are...
  4. part of omega ring, latest update does not include thumb stick calib app, even though it is...

in XboX Insiders
    part of omega ring, latest update does not include thumb stick calib app, even though it is...: Hi, I am part of the omega ring and yesterday (2/14/2024) an update was pushed out my XBox. My current version now is xb_flt_2402zn.240207-1700 and my console is the XBox One S. In the...
  5. Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...: Why does my controller not select apps or options even though I see it responding but in games the controller works perfectly fine? It also keeps sticking to the top of the screen even though I...
  6. Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle: I had this Xbox one for almost 9 years I cleaned the console and the thermal paste a 6 months ago and it never did this every time I loaded up Fortnite or Any other game the fans go at full speed...
  7. Does anyone know of compatible Smart TV's that can run the XBOX app for REMOTE play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know of compatible Smart TV's that can run the XBOX app for REMOTE play?: Not interested in cloud gaming, just remote play, so when my living room TV is being used, I can remote play on a TV in another room, without having to buy another xbox console....
  8. Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?: About every week for the past month, the Xbox app on my PC will download the game "Wartales" and I'll see it in my library with the message "Just installed!". The thing is, I have never initiated...
  9. Does anyone know how to fix Xbox one problem..it will not launch any games or apps and says...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to fix Xbox one problem..it will not launch any games or apps and says...: Does anyone know how to fix Xbox one problem....won't launch Amy games or apps...just pauses for a couple seconds when I click and says having problem launching 28512a93-5ae7-4129-9a72-604e0ec74a75
  10. Why does my Xbox say unauthorized controller in the Xbox accessories app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox say unauthorized controller in the Xbox accessories app: i purchased a VX Gaming wireless controller. the box says its recommend for xbox s . when i connected the controller an error appears b03a0d38-8c61-4b4d-9d65-e77b16ebbd1f