PC Xbox App: Can't switch to desired account

Discus and support PC Xbox App: Can't switch to desired account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; https://youtu.be/9k_Hq-axDNMThe The above video demonstrates my problem. I cannot switch accounts on the xbox app. I have tried services.msc,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Luca Clarke, Sep 1, 2022.

1. Luca Clarke
    Luca Clarke Guest

https://youtu.be/9k_Hq-axDNMThe

The above video demonstrates my problem. I cannot switch accounts on the xbox app.

I have tried services.msc, regedit, deleting tokenbroker files, reinstalling the app and it's related apps, using windows powershell to delete the xbox app package and reinstalling it. I also tried a couple other things months ago, which didn't work, so I gave up.

I'm not signed in on console companion (not even installed), nor on xbox game bar. The Microsoft Store won't even let me sign in on any account, and I've tried: reinstalling it, using windows powershell, and similar fixes as with the Xbox app. Suffice to say I'm desperate at this point, and I'm hoping there will be a simple fix that I will kick myself for forgetting, though literally any fix short of reinstalling Windows will do before I give up entirely.

:)

Luca Clarke, Sep 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Luca
    You already tried a lot of things... May I know if you also tried this?

Press Windows + X, then click on Windows Powershell (Administrator)

Then type or copy/paste this command and press enter:

Get-appxpackage Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider | Remove-AppxPackage

Restart your PC and install the recently deleted app:

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/xbox-id...

Finally go to Windows Settings > Apps and Features > Xbox app > Reset and Repair, then restart your PC and give it a new try.

If that doesn't work please also try these tutorials:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Or try this (RainingRoses response):

"Try the following options for Windows 10/11:
    1. Go to Credential Manager (https://support.microsoft.com/windows/accessing...) > Windows Credentials (not the Web option), select XblGrts|DeviceKey and remove.

2. Go to Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts. Select your account with the issue and verify that the ‘Apps need to ask me to use this account’ setting is enabled. This would especially help if you have multiple accounts as you would have the option to choose the correct account on startup, but you can always change it back to the automatic option if you prefer. You can also try to remove the account from here and re-add it later.

3. Follow this file path: C:\Users\[Your Username]AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker
    Delete the Accounts and Cache folders, which will be deleted from the Xbox Identity Provider

Note that the highlighted code in this file path depends on your system so may vary.
    If you don’t see a particular folder, then confirm there’s no search filters applied and select ‘show hidden items’, or you can just search for the folder in the search bar.
    Restart your PC after trying the above steps, so that these properly take effect next time you sign in. It may also help to then reset and repair and/or uninstall and reinstall the Xbox apps where this error occurs."

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
    -----------

If yes, please try creating a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

I can't switch accounts in the Xbox PC app.

Hello FelipeSouza05,

We appreciate you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

We understand that you are having trouble switching accounts in the Xbox PC app. There could be several reasons why you are having trouble switching accounts on the app. No worries, I 'm here more than happy to help.

Firstly, I would suggest you try signing out of your primary account and then sign in with your secondary account. Here are the steps to do that:

1. Open the Xbox app on your PC.

2. Click on your profile picture in the top left corner of the app.

3. Click on "Sign out" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.

4. Once you have signed out, click on "Sign in" and enter the credentials for your secondary account.

If that doesn't work, you can try resetting the Xbox app. Here are the steps to do that:

1. Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.

2. Click on "Apps".

3. Scroll down and find the Xbox app.

4. Click on the Xbox app and select "Advanced options".

5. Scroll down and click on "Reset".

6. Click on "Reset" again to confirm.

After resetting the app, try signing in with your secondary account again.

If the issue persists, you can try clearing the cache of the Xbox app. Here are the steps to do that:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

2. Type in "%localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.XboxApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache" and press Enter.

3. Delete all the files and folders in the LocalCache folder.

After clearing the cache, try signing in with your secondary account again.

If none of the above steps work, you can try reinstalling the Xbox app. Here are the steps to do that:

1. Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.

2. Click on "Apps".

3. Scroll down and find the Xbox app.

4. Click on the Xbox app and select "Uninstall".

5. Once the app is uninstalled, go to the Microsoft Store and reinstall the Xbox app.

You can also proceed, removing the account on the app and re-adding it from your end. Please note that before doing this, you must have access to the accounts so you can add it directly. You visit this link in order to see the steps on how.

Source: Switch between Microsoft account for gaming on your windows device

I hope this helps you resolve the issue. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Mae Sev. Win User

I can't switch accounts in the Xbox PC app.

Hello FelipeSouza05,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Pxlz22 Win User

Can't switch accounts on xbox app

Hello Emily! I'm Nicolas an Independent advisor i will try my best to help you with your issue.

There is no easy way to prevent that, i can suggest you to follow this steps:

1. Close the Xbox App

2. Hit Windows Key + R to bring up the run window

3. Type regedit and hit enter

4. Navigate through HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Microsoft

5. Go down to XboxLive, right click the folder and delete it

6. Close Registry Editor

7. Restart your PC

Once you have turn on Xbox App it should appear the function to Log In without signing automatically with your new account!
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

How can I give my account to someone else but keep my own onedrive?

Hi, doesn't work in the same way.

On PC it's a bit more different.

For this you need to sign in with your Microsoft account on both Microsoft store and Xbox app.

Make sure to enable offline permissions inside Microsoft store > settings

After that you need to download first the desired games with your account using the Xbox PC app and the you can sign out and sign in with your brother's account.

(But this doesn't work for all games)
Thema:

1. PC Xbox App: Can't switch to desired account - Similar Threads - App Can't switch

2. Xbox app can't login

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app can't login: My Xbox app won't let me log in. Every time I start it up, I'm logged out. When I click to log in, the app immediately shows me my account and the "Let's start" button. When I click it, the app...
  3. Can't open the Xbox app on PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't open the Xbox app on PC.: Hello, I am unable to open the Xbox app, whenever I try to it displays the error code "0x80070422". I've tried using the windows update troubleshooter, and that has done nothing, I have tried...
  4. Locked out of Xbox app on PC, can't update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Locked out of Xbox app on PC, can't update.: I can't get into Xbox or even the Minecraft launcher anymore, the app wont update. I have tried doing windows updates to no avail, restarting my computer, all that. I tried looking for my error...
  5. I can't access my Xbox Accessories app

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't access my Xbox Accessories app: My D-pad on my controller won't work with my PC, I tried to use the Xbox Accessories app to update it and to change the controls back to normal, but every time I load up the app it's only active...
  6. I can't switch downloads to another drive on the xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't switch downloads to another drive on the xbox app: I want to install games onto my HDD as the default drive is an ssd with not much space. When I try to switch it to my H drive (the HDD) it says I need to select a folder but whenever I select a...
  7. I can't switch accounts in the Xbox PC app.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't switch accounts in the Xbox PC app.: I want to sign into a secondary Microsoft account in the Xbox PC App. When I first tried to, the app told me to log in with Windows Hello, which I haven't done. By clicking cancel, it gave me a...
  8. Can't switch accounts on xbox app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't switch accounts on xbox app: Hi, I can't switch accounts on my app for xbox live. I'm on Windows 10 and just setting up this laptop and mistakenly made a new account instead of signing into my previous account. All my games...
  9. Can't switch accounts on Xbox PC app

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't switch accounts on Xbox PC app: I need help switching accounts on the Xbox app. I use a windows profile that is different from the Xbox account I want to use. For example, I am on the windows account *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde...
  10. Xbox Desktop App can't switch profile

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Desktop App can't switch profile: I got a new system and logged into the desktop app using an email address for an xbox account I don't use. I have tried to sign out to log into the account I do use, but every time I click "Sign...