[PC Problem] Xbox app/Xbox game bar Is making my microphone in the parties sound glitchy

Discus and support [PC Problem] Xbox app/Xbox game bar Is making my microphone in the parties sound glitchy in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; This happened very recently and I don't know what the problem is I just think I'm going to have to stop using the service on my computer. "Solutions... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by SomeoneTookRallo, Oct 23, 2022.

1. [PC Problem] Xbox app/Xbox game bar Is making my microphone in the parties sound glitchy

This happened very recently and I don't know what the problem is I just think I'm going to have to stop using the service on my computer.

"Solutions I have already tried"

Uninstalling/Reinstalling
    Apps & Features repair and terminate function
    Restarting PC

Leaving and joining Party
    Unplugging/Plugging the mic
    Changing microphone Hertz

But none of these have worked so does anyone have a service that is on Xbox and Pc so I can talk to my friends or will Xbox be fixing this problem with there next gamebar update because that's what the cause of this

:)

SomeoneTookRallo, Oct 23, 2022
  2. SomeoneTookRallo Win User

[PC Problem] Xbox app/Xbox game bar Is making my microphone in the parties sound glitchy

Seems like I fixed the problem, it was something with my mic Hz in the sound settings and I changed it to one of them till my mic stopped glitching but I don't know if they messed something else up and only fixed the Xbox party.

Thanks though.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello SomeoneTookRallo,

We hope you are doing well. Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums. We are happy to help.

We understand that you are trying to join a party and your microphone sounds glitchy using Xbox apps. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

Based on your description, this happens recently, and we appreciate you have listed all the troubleshooting you have done so far.

So, to have a better understanding, we would like to further isolate your concern.

1. We would like to if you can test your microphone through the pre-installed voice recorder app of Windows device? Please try to use the app while all the Xbox apps are closed. So, there is an isolation of the issue that will happen.
    2. May we ask if the driver of your PC is updated? You may check this guide: Update drivers in Windows.
    3. Have you tested another microphone or headset if the issue persists?
    4. Do you mind sharing a sample of the glitchy of your microphone's output voice?
    5. Did you recently upgrade to Windows 11? May we ask for your Windows version and edition? Please check it by searching WINVER on the search bar and select the app.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Kathy A. Win User

You're welcome.

We are glad that your issue has been fixed.

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Have a great day!

Regards,

5. Belen T.C. Win User

No one can hear me in the Xbox party chat on PC unless I have the game bar pulled up, and I don't know the issue.

Hello Canaan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with the party chat on PC. There are a few possible causes for this problem, such as your microphone settings, your privacy settings, or your network settings. Here are some steps you can try to fix it:

1. Check your microphone settings: Make sure that your microphone is set as the default recording device on your PC. To do this, right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar and select "Sounds." Then, click on the "Recording" tab and make sure that your microphone is selected and set as the default device.

2. Check your privacy settings: Make sure that the Xbox app has access to your microphone. To do this, go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone and make sure that the toggle switch for "Allow apps to access your microphone" is turned on. Windows Settings > Privacy > Microphone and make sure Xbox Game Bar and Xbox Console Companion are allowed to access your microphone.

3. Check your Xbox app settings: Open the Xbox app and go to Settings > General > Volume & audio output. Make sure that your microphone is selected as the default recording device and that the volume is turned up.

4. Update your audio drivers: Make sure that your audio drivers are up to date. You can do this by going to the manufacturer's website and downloading the latest drivers for your specific model.

5. Check Game Bar: Game bar app and go to Settings. Under Audio, make sure that the correct microphone is selected as the default device. Exit the Game bar app and open the Xbox app. Go to Settings and select Devices & streaming. Under Audio, make sure that the correct microphone is selected as the default device. Test your microphone in the Xbox app to see if your party can hear you without the Game bar app open.

For your reference, you may also check this link: Troubleshoot audio problems in parties on Xbox | Xbox Support | NAT type on Windows displays "Teredo is unable to qualify" | Xbox Support

I hope this helps! If you’re still having trouble, please let me know we will do our best to help you resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Pokepunch Win User

Windows 10 Xbox One Streaming microphone not detected?

That generic support doesn't really apply here. The problem is with a PC microphone, not an Xbox One microphone. The Xbox App on PC detects the mic and it works if I start a party via the app, but it doesn't work in any capacity on the Xbox One for parties
    or game chat.
Thema:

1. [PC Problem] Xbox app/Xbox game bar Is making my microphone in the parties sound glitchy - Similar Threads - Problem app game

2. Does anyone know how to fix Xbox one problem..it will not launch any games or apps and says...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to fix Xbox one problem..it will not launch any games or apps and says...: Does anyone know how to fix Xbox one problem....won't launch Amy games or apps...just pauses for a couple seconds when I click and says having problem launching 28512a93-5ae7-4129-9a72-604e0ec74a75
  3. Multiple problems with the "Microsoft Minesweeper" game app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple problems with the "Microsoft Minesweeper" game app: Hello, I have the app installed through the "Microsoft Store", on Windows 11 (v22H2, OS Build 22621.2428). I've tried to remedy the below by uninstalling / reinstalling, but no change. 1/...
  4. Problem downloading and launching games and apps on Xbox Series S.

in XboX Insiders
    Problem downloading and launching games and apps on Xbox Series S.: Good afternoon guys, I have a Xbox Series S and I'm having trouble downloading and launching games and apps, coincidentally, I think it all started after this last update of the system in October,...
  5. Xbox app - Microsoft games cannot be started - login problem.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app - Microsoft games cannot be started - login problem.: I was playing the new Forza Motorsport when it crashed. After this crash, no Microsoft games (specifically forza, starfield, minecraft) can be launched, while other games (no man sky, disney,...
  6. The Xbox app has a problem installing the game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Xbox app has a problem installing the game.: Yesterday I installed Payday 2 in the Epic Game app and stardew valley in the Xbox app. When I finished loading Payday 2 I came to see the progress of loading stardew valley but it stuck at 5.2...
  7. There was a problem launching your game or app.

in XboX Insiders
    There was a problem launching your game or app.: Canceled the update a few days ago. Xbox won’t find new update. Game won’t launch and won’t get the new update. Really don’t want to reinstall it 139gbs. MWII submitted by...
  8. Xbox game App won't lanuch (problem with game services)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game App won't lanuch (problem with game services): Hi, I have problem with xbox app. One day I wanted to download a game from gamepass and xbox app didn't launch. For about 2 weeks it still does not open up :c. I tried every tips from this site....
  9. Xbox PC App installed games are gone and "There was a problem load install locations. Try...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC App installed games are gone and "There was a problem load install locations. Try...: I recently updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 on TWO computers and now both of them have this issue after the update. What's happening: Games no longer show in the Installed section of the...
  10. Problem with installing games through xbox app on pc

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with installing games through xbox app on pc: So I decided to install Slay The Spire (I have game pass) and it installed fine. After that I decided to install Darkest Dungeon and it's stuck on 1% while the app keeps checking for updates...