Pc performance got worse with no explanation

Discus and support Pc performance got worse with no explanation in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I´ve had my pc since last year september and it´s always been working fine. Every game i´ve played ran smoothly and i´ve had no problem with anything.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by crisp_123, Apr 1, 2023.

1. crisp_123
    crisp_123 Guest

I´ve had my pc since last year september and it´s always been working fine. Every game i´ve played ran smoothly and i´ve had no problem with anything. Recently i decided to try CS:GO on steam. It ran good until the fps started to drop and my pc became louder so i tried lowering the graphics and restarting my pc, but it still was generally hot all the time and way louder than before, so i decided to get the latest driver update from Geforce Experience from 23 of march i think,. and that made things even worse. Games that i normally get good fps on high graphics on like fortnite, now have really bad fps drops on the lowest graphics, same with other games that shouldn't take so much from the pc are laggy.

There might be another cause of this but i noticed it soon after playing csgo and getting a new driver update.

If it´s usefull i have a Acer Nitro N50 pc . Im worried my pc is gonna be this bad forever, is there anyway to fix this?

:)

crisp_123, Apr 1, 2023
  2. crisp_123 Win User

i ran the system file checker and it restored some files. i also found out that an app called altruistics took up 90% of my cpu so i deleted that aswell, and i think that was the problem, after deleting it i was able to play fortnite with high graphics without frame drops, i think that one little thing slowed down my whole pc, thanks for the help!
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

sounds like the gpu is overheating and downclocking, those pc's don't have a huge amount of ventilation, could be dust build up on the fans, heatsinks etc. when playing fortnite press ctrl alt and esc to bring up task manager while in game and click the performance tab and check the gpu temp.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Good to know, thanks for the feedback.
  5. crisp_123 Win User

i recently dusted off my pc about a couple hours ago which didnt change anything since it wasnt all that dirty but the problem was an app that took up 90% of my cpu, i deleted it and my pc works fine now
  6. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Crisp_123, many things can contribute to a slow PC, such as viruses, buggy programs, bad updates, etc.

You mention that the situation got worse after the installation of the new GeForce Drive, if it has bugs you will have to wait for a correction by Nvida, and follow the procedures below.

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

CHKDSK

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

The system will ask you if you want to run CHKDSK after restarting the system, press Y on your keyboard and then type "Exit" and restart the computer, it will scan in DOS mode.
Thema:

1. Pc performance got worse with no explanation - Similar Threads - performance got worse

2. Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance: Hi. I bought a series x and upgraded to gig internet speed. My speeds became slower than before I upgraded. I had my ISP come out over ten times and they found no problems on their end. I have...
  3. Windows 11 Home 23H2 update obliterated PC performance

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 11 Home 23H2 update obliterated PC performance: Hello! I'll try to keep this concise, but there is some background involved with my PC. Hardware: ASUS Prime-z790-p WIFI motherboard Intel i9-13900KF 32-core 3.0ghz Nvidia GeForce MSI Gaming Trio...
  4. Will having a lot of games on my Xbox Series S decrease performance?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will having a lot of games on my Xbox Series S decrease performance?: Will having lots of games on my Series S decrease performance? Will the performance decrease if i have 50% of storage left? a8f7831a-877d-4086-bbdb-205d481d0f6d
  5. I cant play a game because of Performance Check

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play a game because of Performance Check: I have xbox game pass and I can`t open Hell Let Loose because of ,,Performance check not available...'' i want to mention that i have a good pc with 3060ti and i9 gen10...
  6. Xbox Game Bar Performance Widget always stuck at 0 percent

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Performance Widget always stuck at 0 percent: Hello, I was trying the performance widget for xbox game bar, however it does not seem to work. At random intervals, the xbox game bar just decides to stop and gets stuck at everything at 0...
  7. No Performance Option on Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Performance Option on Xbox Game Bar: When I press Window+G, I have a screen pop-up that has no performance option. I would like to get GPU, RAM, FPS, etc. for my games. Please let me know what the correct steps are to take....
  8. Very low rtx 2060 performance

in XBoX on Consoles
    Very low rtx 2060 performance: Dear MS I recently bought a lenovo legion laptop with a Ryzen 5 4600H, 16gb ram and a rtx 2060. The GPU perforamnce is very very low. Fortnite on lowest possible settings is running at 20 - 60...
  9. Why is the Series X performance so bad?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the Series X performance so bad?: I know the dev have a lot to do with it but there are some games I can turn down all the graphics settings and it's either unplayable or looks like trash......I guess for 500, u get what u pay...
  10. Minecraft Bedrock edition, extremely low frame rates and overall bad performance

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock edition, extremely low frame rates and overall bad performance: Ive been playing minecraft bedrock for a while and have never had any problems with it, recently though it has been impossible to play. Frame rates at a constant 10-20 even on the lowest settings....