PC keyboard doesn't work for messaging anymore in XB1 Windows 10 app

Discus and support PC keyboard doesn't work for messaging anymore in XB1 Windows 10 app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Up until recently I could use my PC keyboard to type messages both on the console and in game like GTA for example. Seems like it was with the most... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by klutch14u, Dec 25, 2017.

1. klutch14u
    klutch14u Guest

Up until recently I could use my PC keyboard to type messages both on the console and in game like GTA for example. Seems like it was with the most recent dashboard update. Why'd this change? Seems like step backwards and now I can only use the soft keyboard.
    Am I missing a setting or something that needs to be set?

:)

klutch14u, Dec 25, 2017
  2. eric4211
    eric4211 Guest
    Xbox360 controller keyboard software needed for windows 10.

Request 360 controller Software driver Windows 10.

Xbox 360 controller and chat pad support in windows 10 and Xbox app for win 10. Driver for keyboard, and mouse pointer from game pad to work in windows 10. Include Wired and Wireless drivers. Documentation, Software on / off Power switch super helpful. Check
    box to turn on / off keyboard and mouse emulation.

I would like to use Windows 10 and the Xbox App to play games on the big screen TV. I have a home theater PC connected to the tv.

The Xbox 360 controller works on PC with Xbox App. The keyboard and headphones do not.

It would be most useful to have full windows support for the Xbox 360 controller keyboard.

I could browse the internet using 360 keyboard and Cortana with headset microphone.

I would like to type in Wordpad, and Edge web browser.

Full mouse and key board support.

Sell 360 pc controller dongle again, or verify if the new dongle stick works with 360 controller keyboard.

Support wired and wireless again in Windows 10.

Request written on 2 of March 2017. Ticket number1376801419.

eric4211, Dec 25, 2017
  3. Can't type on keyboard

Also having this problem ever since the new dashboard went live for all.

Cannot get the virtual keyboard to appear on the xbox w10 app nor the smartglass app (Android).

Doesn't work for in game text chat, dashboard typing, or messaging.

OHTHENOISES1111, Dec 25, 2017
  4. PC keyboard doesn't work for messaging anymore in XB1 Windows 10 app

Are you still having this issue? I can't believe MS/Xbox hasn't responded to you yet! It's been over a month! That is completely unacceptable. I'm having this same issue now and just posted about it but I guess I'll go ahead and forget about them helping
    me. Wow.

ICE Faux Pirate, Jan 29, 2018
  5. WRXnItUp
    WRXnItUp Guest
    If I reboot my Xbox, and then reconnect from Windows, the soft keyboard overlay returns. I have to do this pretty much daily.

WRXnItUp, Jan 30, 2018
  6. Been wondering the same thing. I try to type in commands on the command block in Minecraft and it is painfully slow on the controller compared to the computers keyboard and you can copy and past it making it 100x easier!

DoggoBorkerson, Nov 2, 2018
  7. WRXnItUp Win User

If I reboot my Xbox, and then reconnect from Windows, the soft keyboard overlay returns. I have to do this pretty much daily.
  8. DoggoBorkerson Win User

Been wondering the same thing. I try to type in commands on the command block in Minecraft and it is painfully slow on the controller compared to the computers keyboard and you can copy and past it making it 100x easier!
  9. ICE Faux Pirate Win User

Are you still having this issue? I can't believe MS/Xbox hasn't responded to you yet! It's been over a month! That is completely unacceptable. I'm having this same issue now and just posted about it but I guess I'll go ahead and forget about them helping
    me. Wow.
  10. MPkaySA Win User

How to fix a failed to update controller?

Still doesn't work, it connects and immediately disconnects however it works on my pc but even then, it doesn't appear in the accessories app on windows 10
  11. Dérek Augusto Win User

Is the Xbox PC app working on Windows 10 anymore?

I didn't mention that you need windows 11, my friend.

You can stay on windows 10 without any problem =)

I sent myself, please, the result of the nat test that I sent initially
Thema:

1. PC keyboard doesn't work for messaging anymore in XB1 Windows 10 app - Similar Threads - keyboard doesn't messaging

2. Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?: Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox? a7fb3d03-9704-4297-a118-761e51fe8ed9
  3. Why doesn't the keyboard work for menu navigation after system update?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why doesn't the keyboard work for menu navigation after system update?: After the system update (1/16/2024) I no longer can use my keyboard to go through the menu. What gives? df6c6846-972e-4461-984f-407d9292ec6c
  4. Keyboard doesn't show when using touch controls on the xbox mobile game pass app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keyboard doesn't show when using touch controls on the xbox mobile game pass app: It is June 2023 and still too this date it has been no fix for the ghost keyboard using gamepass mobile in cloud mode. Any game that has custom characterization is pretty much unplayable, if you...
  5. Keyboard doesn't show when using touch controls on the xbox mobile game pass app

in XBoX on Windows
    Keyboard doesn't show when using touch controls on the xbox mobile game pass app: Keyboard won't show when you isn't touching controls on the game pass mobile app. One customising certain characters in games the keyboard shows up for a split second then dissapears....
  6. My Keyboard doesn't work in Fortnite on my Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Keyboard doesn't work in Fortnite on my Xbox: I was trying to play Fortnite today but my keyboard isn't working, my mouse is working but not my keyboard. 791f7f95-687e-4bcf-8deb-6a08b224ae0c
  7. Keyboard doesn't work on a game that supports it on Xbox streaming.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keyboard doesn't work on a game that supports it on Xbox streaming.: My keyboard is not working in Sea of Thieves even though it has keyboard support in-game and shows me keyboard inputs on the menu, but the keyboard doesn’t work. dc05e988-c194-4318-a315-b44de63e0efc
  8. Onscreen keyboard doesn't appear. Can't report problem with keyboard without keyboard

in XboX Insiders
    Onscreen keyboard doesn't appear. Can't report problem with keyboard without keyboard: [IMG] submitted by /u/major-riot [link] [comments]
  9. Keyboard Mouse-Fortnite-Doesn't work for Kids account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keyboard Mouse-Fortnite-Doesn't work for Kids account: Just got a keyboard mouse. Works fine in fortnite for my account but for kids account only works in the lobby but once in gameplay it doesn't work. All settings/restrictions lifted on kids...
  10. Mouse and keyboard doesn't work in Alpha Skip ahead, but does in other previews and non...

in XboX Insiders
    Mouse and keyboard doesn't work in Alpha Skip ahead, but does in other previews and non...: This has been an issue since october that I've sent feedback for through the console report a problem feature and I'm not sure if it's actually being handled On alpha skip ahead preview builds,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox messaging doesnt work