PC Internet connection loss due to XGP download

Discus and support PC Internet connection loss due to XGP download in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm currently experiencing an issue where my computer frequently loses internet connection whenever I use XGP, Steam, or other game clients to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by 昊然 丁, Jun 3, 2023.

1. 昊然 丁
    昊然 丁 Guest

Hello, I'm currently experiencing an issue where my computer frequently loses internet connection whenever I use XGP, Steam, or other game clients to download games. I'm using a desktop computer with a wireless network connection. This problem doesn't occur every time I download games, but it may happen during the download process. When it occurs, my computer essentially loses internet connectivity, resulting in the inability to open webpages and difficulties in downloading. However, sometimes, despite the internet disconnection, I can still use Discord voice chat or continue playing online games. The computer's loss of internet connection doesn't affect other devices connected to the Wi-Fi router, so it's not a router problem; it's likely a computer settings issue. The connection would recover after a PC reboot. I would like to know how to address this situation. What should I do?

:)

昊然 丁, Jun 3, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! Sorry to hear about what happened. Let's do our best here to figure this out.

When you start downloading games, kindly check your network status from Xbox:
    On Windows 10, go to Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking. If you’re having a similar problem on Windows 11, open the Xbox Console Companion app, select Settings, and then select the Network tab. Please let me know what the results are.

If Server connectivity is blocked, I recommend that you perform the suggested troubleshooting steps here on this link https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/....
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

most likely weak wifi, or the pc is too far from the router, when you saturate the bandwidth the wifi card cuts out. try wired to see if that resolves the issue.

you can also go to device manager, right click the wifi card and uninstall, then restart the pc, it will reinstall but you will have to reconnect to the router with the password again.
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

I can't use my xbox app and open the games from xbox app on my pc.

You're welcome and thank you for the information!

The download and the synchronization upon launching the games could be due to an internet fluctuation during the installation or download that caused the file to be corrupted.

Kindly try to connect your Windows PC device to a wired internet connection.

Then try to launch or download the games from Xbox app to see if it works.
  5. mjb1234 Win User

"Join Game" randomly grays out while hosting an Ark server

I also just tested it on the PC running the server and it says internet is connected, xbox live services up and running, NAT type open, server connectivity is connected, 65ms latency and 0% packet loss
  6. AlanLi-101 Win User

XGP can not download all ubisfot games

Thanks for your information.

My Ubisoft connect is download by steam. So xgp doesn't defect it. After I uninstall Ubisoft connect and it can download and link together.

Now it works.

Thank you!
Thema:

1. PC Internet connection loss due to XGP download - Similar Threads - Internet connection loss

2. Xbox one won't connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't connect to the internet: My xbox one won't connect to the internet despite all other devices working on the network. Nothing has been changed with the network in the past few days and I am using a wireless connection....
  3. Why won't my Xbox connect to the Internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox connect to the Internet?: I have been having issues with getting my Xbox Series X connecting to the WiFi but not connecting to the Internet. When I got it in 2023 it was connecting with no issues but recently it just won't...
  4. My Xbox won’t connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won’t connect to internet: My Xbox won’t connect to internet. I already tried to clear the MAC address but when I try it won’t let me restart my Xbox. I already tried to do a factory reset and it still won’t let me restart....
  5. My Xbox doesn’t connect to the internet, and I don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox doesn’t connect to the internet, and I don’t know why: My Xbox Series S isn’t connecting to my Ethernet, it’s is saying That the service is unavailable, but every time I connect to a computer it’s working. I tried wireless connection but its connects...
  6. Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection: I have had this Xbox one since 2014 and recently (last few months) have experienced some issues with its internet. I have exclusively used it with a wired, ethernet connection and have been having...
  7. my xbox series s wont connect to the internet :(

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series s wont connect to the internet :(: i recently hopped on to my xbox series s and my internet just wouldn't work, so i turned off my router for 30 secs and that wouldn't work, then i checked if my router was filtering out my xbox...
  8. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  9. Xbox is connected to internet but I have 100% packet loss, unsuccessful UPnP, and strict NAT.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to internet but I have 100% packet loss, unsuccessful UPnP, and strict NAT.: Just recently purchased the series X and I am trying to connect it to my college campus wifi. I had no issues with my previous console which was a one s. I am trying to use a wired connection and...
  10. 100% packet loss while connected to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    100% packet loss while connected to internet: I’m connected to the internet and my nat type is open but I have 100% packet loss I’ve tried everything restarting everything and nothing worked what can I do 0cc97cf4-e9a4-4f67-bfca-8e8762c5766b