PC insider - store page with "game services" opened instead of actual game

Discus and support PC insider - store page with "game services" opened instead of actual game in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Since today's update to PC xbox app on Win 10. When I press play, the store page for game services is opened and no game is launching. I've found out... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/shaarmoth, Jan 7, 2022.

  1. /u/shaarmoth
    /u/shaarmoth Guest

    PC insider - store page with "game services" opened instead of actual game


    Since today's update to PC xbox app on Win 10. When I press play, the store page for game services is opened and no game is launching.

    I've found out that game, which doesn't use advanced installation features - in my case Sea of Thieves is working. Games, which are installed in different directories are launching game services MS store page instead.

    I've tried all options for the game services bug - e.g. registry edit, PowerShell commands, restart of game services app, with no luck.

    Any advice please?

    submitted by /u/shaarmoth
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/shaarmoth, Jan 7, 2022
    #1
  2. SaarFliess Win User

    Gamepass for PC won't launch games

    trying to launch a game still opens the store page of Gaming Services instead of launching
  3. Anthony90 Win User

    Halo Infinite won't launch with Xbox App

    I did manage to get halo infinite campaign installed but now whenever i try to open halo infinite it opens up the Microsoft Store's Gaming Services page instead. I am on game pass on PC. Ive tried reinstalling the xbox app but it still doesnt work.
  4. XBF Mohammed C Win User

    PC Game Pass opening microsoft store (gaming services) instead of game

    Try to open RegEdit as an administrator and delete the following Services:

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices]

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet]

    if the issue persists, go to your computer's settings, go to Applications>Applications and Features>Search for the Gaming Services program, left-click on it and then tap on Advanced options and then click on repair.
  5. JamesEzcurra Win User

    PC Game Pass opening microsoft store (gaming services) instead of game

    Ace this actually worked for me. I just had to reinstall gaming services after.
  6. MateusFontana Win User

    PC Game Pass opening microsoft store (gaming services) instead of game

    Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

    First, welcome to the Xbox community. I'm sorry you're having this problem.

    Please try the solutions below, if you haven't already, I hope it works for you.

    *Follow each step in order, even if you've already done it, do it again, please.


    Solution 1:


    Open RegEdit as an administrator and delete the following Services:

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices]

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet]

    *PC reboot

    Install gaming service like you would normally

    Solution 2:

    Go to your windows settings, go to the tab>applications and resources>Search for Gaming Services, click on it, go to advanced options, and tap repair.

    Solution 3:

    Launch PowerShell as an administrator and enter “get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers”

    In the same powershell window, enter "start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN"
Thema:

PC insider - store page with "game services" opened instead of actual game

Loading...
  1. PC insider - store page with "game services" opened instead of actual game - Similar Threads - insider store page

  2. Xbox One X stuck on E106 after Insider OS update – OSU1 doesn’t work

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X stuck on E106 after Insider OS update – OSU1 doesn’t work: Hi everyone, I need some help with my Xbox One X. My console was previously enrolled in the Xbox Insider/Preview program. I formatted the original internal HDD, and now the console is stuck in the...
  3. I need Help with insider updates

    in XboX Insiders
    I need Help with insider updates: Hey Guys, I just became an XBOX INSIDER. How do I get my console updated with the insider updates such as mythic achievements? submitted by /u/Ok_Conference_9242 [link] [comments]
  4. Hey guys, when do the mythic achievements appear on insiders?

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey guys, when do the mythic achievements appear on insiders?: I’ve been an insider for roughly a week now, and I wanted to see if a mythic achievement would pop for me. I recently fully completed a game and I didn’t get a mythic achievement, and it doesn’t...
  5. Got 100% in Fast & Furious Horizon 2, Mythic award stuck at 96% Beta level insider

    in XboX Insiders
    Got 100% in Fast & Furious Horizon 2, Mythic award stuck at 96% Beta level insider: Yesterday I went looking at my games to see if any were close to 100%. I found the fast and furious Forza Horizon 2 game was only missing the 50,000 point skill chain achievement. I took the...
  6. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  7. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  8. Leaving the insider beta preview

    in XboX Insiders
    Leaving the insider beta preview: If I wanted to leave the beta preview right now would it make me do a factory refresh my party's are bugging and the new features aren't important enough for me to sacrifice actually playing games...
  9. Xbox Insider: Store menu bar missing + Report a problem QR code not working

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider: Store menu bar missing + Report a problem QR code not working: I’m part of the Xbox Insider program (Preview build) and I’m experiencing some issues after the latest update. First, the Xbox Store seems to be broken. The menu bar/navigation is completely...
  10. Windows 11 - MS Store/Xbox App Games will not fully exit in latest Insider build

    in XboX Insiders
    Windows 11 - MS Store/Xbox App Games will not fully exit in latest Insider build: Hello! Forgive me if there is a better sub for this - I have been less active in the Insider program since primarily switching to PC gaming. However, I do still regularly receive the Xbox app and...