Pc gamepass game wont launch because the requested operation requires elevation

Discus and support Pc gamepass game wont launch because the requested operation requires elevation in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I checked and my windows account is the owner of the game but the email I use for xbox and windows is different so I don't know if that could be the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DJG1587, Apr 20, 2023.

1. DJG1587
    DJG1587 Guest

I checked and my windows account is the owner of the game but the email I use for xbox and windows is different so I don't know if that could be the cause. Also after it tells me I need elevation the xbox interface sends error code 0x87e50028.

:)

DJG1587, Apr 20, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there!

Let's do the steps below:

Launch the Xbox app and sign in with the Microsoft account you use for Xbox.
    Select your gamerpic, then select Settings.
    Under Account, select Change my Microsoft Store account.
    Follow the on-screen instructions and sign in to the Store with the Microsoft account for the games or subscription you’ll be using.

That should work.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices

you get that error because gaming services is not installed or updated, gaming services can only install and launch on standard pc architecture and not arm based devices.

the xbox app requires gaming services to be installed to be able to download most xbox app games (gamepass games).
  4. REEPER01 Win User

Asphalt 9 doesn't want to launch after update.

Hi.

I'm an idiot!!! On the solutions that didn't make sense was the thing "expand all". There was the procedure!

OK so I followed that prompts... looks promising. got stuck at the following...

c:\Users\User>netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

This requested operation requires elevation (Run as administrator)

How do I do that?
  5. julosjc Win User

Xbox Live Subsription

Hi There,

Xbox gold is for console users only, not required for PC. You will need game pass ultimate or gamepass pc to play gamepass games on PC.
  6. AhmadAskari Win User

Can't play any games on GamePass except the ones on EA Play for PC

No, They are not. I had GamePass PC earlier and everything used to work properly but then one day I got notification that there is an offer on GamePass Ultimate so I upgraded but since the day GamePass PC subscription ended and GamePass Ultimate subscription started, I can only launch games that are on EA Play and that too from EA Desktop App only.

Now, because the GamePass Ultimate was a 3 month subscription, so I can't even go back to GamePass PC until it's over.

Any game that launches from Xbox app for Windows fails to launch and tried repairing and resetting the Xbox and Microsoft Apps, sign-out and then again sign-in on both the apps but still same thing.

For Example, Forza Horizon 4 used to work earlier but now it does not.
Thema:

1. Pc gamepass game wont launch because the requested operation requires elevation - Similar Threads - gamepass game wont

2. Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games

in XboX Insiders
    Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games: I love that Basic Touch works with remote play. It has been glorious playing BG3, D4, Harold Halibut all in my bed or even my commute IF the connection is stable enough. But, why cant this just...
  3. Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..

in XBoX Accessibility
    Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..: Fed up with all the issues only to now end up with a new one that makes NO sense. I turn 40 in 2 months and yet Conan exiles on xbox gamepass on PC is telling me my mommy and daddy have to...
  4. Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..

in XBoX Accessibility
    Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..: Fed up with all the issues only to now end up with a new one that makes NO sense. I turn 40 in 2 months and yet Conan exiles on xbox gamepass on PC is telling me my mommy and daddy have to...
  5. Why wont it let me play gta online even tho i bought the game? Its telling me i need Gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont it let me play gta online even tho i bought the game? Its telling me i need Gamepass: I bought gta and now it wont let me play without game pass 1c81bae1-42db-4c08-8391-e998408a2b82
  6. Gamepass game wont launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass game wont launch: When i try to launch Control from gamepass on pc i get the following error. Windows 11 Rebooted computer reinstalled the game on a different disk. [img] c0efcd91-dda8-4e8a-8aec-5c6ec7d3ffd3
  7. Gamepass Game Wont Launch Fallout 76

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass Game Wont Launch Fallout 76: How are you today I purchased gamepass and installed fallout 76 on 2 identical spec pcs (more then enough system requirments for game) and fallout launches perfect on one pc but not at all on the...
  8. Xbox gamepass PC - Game wont launch, crashes in first 5 seconds

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox gamepass PC - Game wont launch, crashes in first 5 seconds: Here's what appears in the problem report. Problem signature Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash Package Full Name: 39EA002F.NieRAutomataPC_1.0.38.0_x64__n746a19ndrrjg Application Name: praid:Game...
  9. No Mans Sky Gamepass save corrupted, now the game wont save at all

in XBoX on Windows
    No Mans Sky Gamepass save corrupted, now the game wont save at all: I downloaded this game on PC gamepass and played for about 3 hours over several days. My save file became corrupt, or "not compatible with this version of the game." I reinstalled the game but it...
  10. game i own wont work after gamepass was canceled

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game i own wont work after gamepass was canceled: I canceled gamepass and purchased 12 months of xbox live gold. I own Elder Scrolls Online (hard copy) and all expansions. It says i don't have a gamepass subscription when I try to play it and...