PC Gamepass game won't install

Discus and support PC Gamepass game won't install in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've had pc gamepass for a while, and I wasn't managing my storage correctly so I installed ARK to a external harddrive. Now I can't find that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HLast name, Feb 16, 2022.

1. HLast name
    HLast name Guest

I've had pc gamepass for a while, and I wasn't managing my storage correctly so I installed ARK to a external harddrive. Now I can't find that harddrive and I want to download the new pack. However, once I try and install it'll wait a minute and the microsoft store notification will appear and say "[insert ark game/dlc] has just been installed, check it out now!" but it won't install. Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

HLast name, Feb 16, 2022
  2. HLast name Win User

I've tried all of these besides for the ISO file because I couldn't figure it out and it doesn't work. Do you know anymore fixes? Thanks
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Awesome! Glad it work out.

Thanks for the feedback, cheers. :)
  4. HLast name Win User

I managed to get it to work by just installing it through the Microsoft store, thanks for the help though!
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

The ISO file, you will open it > launch the Setup.exe > then upgrade > cloud > keep files and games, and that's it. :)
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey HLast, how are you today? Hope you're well.

HLast, try to change the location where the games are installed:

Open Settings on Windows 10.

Click on System.

Click on Storage.

Under the “More storage settings” section, click the Change where new content is saved option.

Use the New apps will save to drop-down menus to select the new default location for apps.

Click the Apply button.

Then, restart your PC, and try to install it again, if it doesn't work, try this:

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then, try to uninstall and install the Xbox app. :)

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command.

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

Then, after you do it, you're going to open the game pass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
Thema:

1. PC Gamepass game won't install - Similar Threads - Gamepass game won't

2. xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed: I recently remembered that game pass carries over to my pc as well so i attempted to download a gamepass game, state of decay 2. As i type this out, the download speed hasn't reached over 1 MB/s...
  3. Gaming services won't install. Can't play Gamepass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services won't install. Can't play Gamepass games: Getting an error within the gamepass app on PC "Gaming services failed with error code 0x8007007e. Tried powershell commands, deleting Gaming Services from registry, creating another account on...
  4. Xbox app won't let me install games through gamepass. Please someone help!! I just want to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app won't let me install games through gamepass. Please someone help!! I just want to...: Have tried factory resetting but didn't work. Gamingroot folder seems to be missing even with hidden files are on but I don't know how to make one. Please someone help me. Just want to play games....
  5. Xbox gamepass app on pc won't install games, won't show already downloaded games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox gamepass app on pc won't install games, won't show already downloaded games: I have contacted microsoft by phone and been hung up on twice.. I have reset and repaired my store app, reset and repaired my gamepass app, uninstalled and reinstalled the gamepass app. signed out...
  6. Owned game on Microsoft Store won't launch, get error saying I need gamepass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Owned game on Microsoft Store won't launch, get error saying I need gamepass.: I bought and own Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft store in 2018. I have played it for years, but now I get the error "Looks like you need to renew Game Pass. If your subscription is current, try...
  7. XBox GamePass for PC - Halo:MCC and Infinite won't login at game launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox GamePass for PC - Halo:MCC and Infinite won't login at game launch: Example: [img] I've checked: * My GamePass for PC subscription is active * I'm logged into the XBox App (for PC) * Firewall I've tried: * Installing all Windows 10 updates * Restarting...
  8. With gamepass on PC, a game will recognize the Playstation 5 Controller, but won't actually...

in XBoX on Windows
    With gamepass on PC, a game will recognize the Playstation 5 Controller, but won't actually...: So for a bit of backstory, I recently bought a PS5 Controller to replace my aging Xbox One controller for use on my PC. No problem with any other game on any platform, Steam, GOG, UPlay, etc....
  9. Gamepass Game won't start, asks me to buy it

in XboX Insiders
    Gamepass Game won't start, asks me to buy it: I was playing Devil may cry 5, closed it up and played another Gamepass game for a whilez when trying to return to DmC it woyld't start, keeps telling me to sign with the account that has the game...
  10. Gamepass Game Won't Start (Technomancer)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass Game Won't Start (Technomancer): Hello everyone, I recently resubscribed to Gamepass and downloaded a few games. However, Technomancer won't start. When I click start it simply shows the cover art full screen and then goes...