PC GamePass - Deep Rock Galactic crashes to desktop every time I play the game

Discus and support PC GamePass - Deep Rock Galactic crashes to desktop every time I play the game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am playing on a fairly modern PC, using the Gamepass version of this game. As I understand it, this means I play with other PC Gamepass and console... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Geoffrey Mitchell, Dec 10, 2022.

1. PC GamePass - Deep Rock Galactic crashes to desktop every time I play the game

I am playing on a fairly modern PC, using the Gamepass version of this game. As I understand it, this means I play with other PC Gamepass and console PC users. I do NOT play with other Steam users?

Where can I get technical support? I don't see anywhere on the gamepass app to report a bug or whatnot.

When I play DRG, my first game of the 'day' will always crash. I get "Network Connection Error" and then "Network Connected" messages several times and then the game crashes.

This happens every, single, day.

If I load it back up and get lucky, and make it through a full game, voila! I can sometimes play for hours with no issue.

I live in east coast US in in the NY Metro area, this never happens with any other online game I play. (Tarkov, HOTS, Valheim, Conan, etc...)

:)

Geoffrey Mitchell, Dec 10, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Geoffrey Mitchell,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Based on your description, you are trying to play Deep Rock Galactic however, the game keeps on crashing. We know how important it is for you to launch and play the game continuously without issues. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

We appreciate you have provided the error message, since this is connected to network, may we ask if you have had issues with Xbox Network?

We will provide you the steps on how to check this information and let us know what the NAT Type is, and please check if you have noticed error message or code similar to these: Double NAT detected, 0x89231906, Can’t get a Teredo IP address, NAT Type: Unavailable, Teredo is unable to qualify, UPnP not successful.

Multiplayer games are advised to have at least Moderate NAT Type but if you would like to be the host of the game, you are required to have an Open NAT Type with no error message.

Please see more here, there are troubleshooting we suggest (these articles have something in common and that is you might see both PC and Console troubleshooting, network issues might lead you to contact ISP to ask for settings on your network to be turned on):

Since you mentioned about PC GamePass app, are we referring to Xbox app (link: Xbox app for Windows PC)? You may able to send a feedback to Team Xbox (this will route you to Feedback Hub) and we will provide it below. So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

This support article has suggested troubleshooting for Xbox app for Windows and this is widely used here in Community too - Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox App for Windows.

To answer your question about submitting feedback or reporting an issue to Team Xbox on Xbox app, please see the steps below:

Kindly follow the guide in submitting a bug through the Xbox App:

1. Navigate to the top right of the application and select your gamerpic icon
    2. Select “Feedback” in the drop-down menu
    3. Select “Report a problem”
    4. Click Give new feedback
    5. Add a brief summary of the issue and followed by a feedback summary
      • Summary should be descriptive and fully detailing the error you are receiving. Links redirecting to this forum post will not be accepted and will cause a delay in your feedback submission.
    6. Category should automatically be selected.
    7. In the "add more details" category, you will have the option to "Recreate my problem". Recreating the problem will help us further pinpoint the error you are receiving.
    Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. FLOWMASTER703 Win User

Goldeneye is said to be playable on PC but...

On pc go to Microsoft store and open xbox you can download and play it on there. You have to get the game pass in order to play. Same goes for the game deep rock galactic
  5. Cap Gustavo Win User

Try for Free not Working

They are addons (offers) for the Free to Play games.

Deep Rock Galactic horewer isn't available for try it by the moment.
  6. TexasKen Win User

How to buy a game on PC and XBox One to play cross-platform?

Bought Deep Rock Galactic from the MS store. It installed on my PC and is installing on the XBox One now. That's the good news.

The PC version crashed 2 minutes into the game all 5 times I tried to play. My system is as follows:

OS MS Windows 10 64-bit

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.20GHz Kaby Lake 14nm Technology

RAM Anarchy 16.00 GB Dual Channel DDR4 17000 -2133Mhz

Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z170X-Gaming 7 (U3E1)

EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0

1-Samsung 860 EVO 931.5GB SSD

2-Hard Drives 2 977GB Seagate Baracuda(SATA) HDD

I have plenty HP to run this. Any ideas or a forum I can go to that could help with Deep Rock Galactic for non-Steam PC?
Thema:

1. PC GamePass - Deep Rock Galactic crashes to desktop every time I play the game - Similar Threads - GamePass Deep Rock

2. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  3. Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.

in XBoX on Windows
    Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.: Hi guys! I have an issue with my gaming laptop. When I play gamepass cloud games or installed on my ssd it stutters really bad and cannot play games at all. I was able to before but ever since I...
  4. Xbox GamePass games suggestions

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox GamePass games suggestions: What games do you like to be added into xbox gamepass For me i think the best games that could be added is call of duty , carx drift racing , and crash series let me hear your thoughts...
  5. GamePass for PC error (0x80073b16}

in XBoX on Windows
    GamePass for PC error (0x80073b16}: Xbox GamePass for PC won't launch. Attempted to run repair tool, same error: (0x80073b16) b80adbf8-9a51-4cc9-98f9-dc1d52f9db6e
  6. I can't download Deep Rock Galactic on pc with the Gamepass (I did check the service...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download Deep Rock Galactic on pc with the Gamepass (I did check the service...: [img] I have had the Xbox Game Pass for a few days and have been able to most of the other games just fine but for some reason Deep Rock Galactic isn't available on the Xbox app or the site. I...
  7. I just installed deep rock galactic on gamepass and when i launch it its stuck on the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just installed deep rock galactic on gamepass and when i launch it its stuck on the...: I should have no problem running this game on my PC but it just doesnt load up. I tried reinstalling and still wont work. [img] 844fdb42-ff6b-41c6-80d0-a756b8bee249
  8. Deep Rock Galactic unavailable on PC gamepass in Malaysia

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Deep Rock Galactic unavailable on PC gamepass in Malaysia: As the title, it's available in other countries (my friend in the UK) but not here in Malaysia. Does anyone know why? I'd love to be able to join my friends on PC! [img]...
  9. since the last xbox gamepass update, deep rock galactic keeps crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    since the last xbox gamepass update, deep rock galactic keeps crashing: Since the latest update to gamepass (currently august 14) deep rock galactic keeps crashing to desktop. i have never had the game crash before now. i even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the...
  10. Cant Start Deep rock Galactic (Gamepass) PC as Xbox Live refuses to sign me in

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant Start Deep rock Galactic (Gamepass) PC as Xbox Live refuses to sign me in: Trying to play deep rock galactic on gamepass PC. As soon as i launch I get a popup "Welcome back", I push lets play, and then it cant log me in. No error code, just a plain "cant sign you in...