PC - Game Pass- Wreckfest won't launch, screen is black and won't respond

Discus and support PC - Game Pass- Wreckfest won't launch, screen is black and won't respond in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I got the gamepass and have been playing wreckfest, I played last night no issues but when I tried to play today the screen would just be black and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Brady Bergman, Feb 8, 2023.

1. PC - Game Pass- Wreckfest won't launch, screen is black and won't respond

So I got the gamepass and have been playing wreckfest, I played last night no issues but when I tried to play today the screen would just be black and when I clicked anything it would say that the program wasn't responding. I would eventually have to close it and when I it says that the data we have in the cloud is different from the data on this device and it gives me the option to use either data, but no matter which one I choose it still won't launch. I updated windows, my drivers, and restarted, but nothing has worked so far. If anyone has had a similar issue, any help would be appreciated, thanks!

:)

Brady Bergman, Feb 8, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Brady! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

It looks like the game's data is corrupted somehow. Does it only occur to this game in particular? Your other games are fine?

Let's try to verify and repair its game files.
    Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    In My Library, select the game title.
    Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.
    Select Files and then Verify and repair.

If the same issue occurs, try to repair and reset the game by going to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Find the game > Advanced options > Repair or Reset.
  3. Dreaded Ainur Win User

Tried everything to solve Error Code 80151012?

I can't play too. My game went. black and it won't load up and respond :(.
  4. XBF-Spartan Win User

Game Pass PC: Game Won't Launch.

Hi nye050,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! We are sorry to hear about your issue. May I ask if you are using any 3rd party software on your laptop that may be blocking the loading of games? Something such as RazerCortex or a similar optimization app may be the cause of your issue.
  5. BarrelBurrito01 Win User

Game Pass Affecting Purchases

I've notice when you launch a game from game pass that you don't own at the bottom right hand corner of the screen a white square with the words game pass in the middle of it will show up. But if you launch a game you do own that is on game pass it won't
    show up. This is a rare problem. I remember reading about it months ago.
  6. jake selph Win User

Why cant I play a game I bought on xbox store on pc

Yes I have a screen shot and everything but when the game leaves game pass I won't be able to play on pc which is weird since I bough the game
Thema:

1. PC - Game Pass- Wreckfest won't launch, screen is black and won't respond - Similar Threads - Game Pass Wreckfest

2. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  3. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  4. Pc game pass game saves missing

in XBoX on Windows
    Pc game pass game saves missing: Started up terra invicta to continue my game and it won't allow my to continue or load my game. My saves are not even on there. Looked in the game saves file and it's empty. On pc game pass...
  5. Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option

in XBoX on Windows
    Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option: My latest PC Game Pass renewal email said 'You will receive a refund of your most recent recurring billing charge if you cancel your subscription and request a refund within 30 days after being...
  6. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  7. if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...: two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can a third account sign into the subscribed account to use it ea55d237-1487-43c0-9c02-7c9ff770a0dc
  8. Xbox Live/Game Pass recurring charge on old account

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Live/Game Pass recurring charge on old account: Hi I desperately need help!!! I have been charged for months and months on my account for xbox live/game pass but I have never used it! How can I possible get this refunded?...
  9. Games from game pass including wreckfest won't play on my Xbox series x using internal or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games from game pass including wreckfest won't play on my Xbox series x using internal or...: Wreckfest among other Game Pass games won't play on my xbox series x with a ssd. Also won't play off external drive c4df2288-0423-43d6-8366-889cc424ccd3
  10. I cannot launch Wreckfest on PC with game pass because of an error.

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot launch Wreckfest on PC with game pass because of an error.: The error reads: Could not open file for writing: 'localsave/modlist.mods' e2fb019f-a46c-4694-a7b8-09d8f8701aec