PC Game Pass won't let me install teen stuff. I'm an adult and have had an account for 15...

Discus and support PC Game Pass won't let me install teen stuff. I'm an adult and have had an account for 15... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm not able to install game pass PC games. It tells me that the age restrictions prevent it. When I log in to some Family Security or something, it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jesse_Dylan, May 21, 2022.

1. Jesse_Dylan
    Jesse_Dylan Guest

PC Game Pass won't let me install teen stuff. I'm an adult and have had an account for 15...

I'm not able to install game pass PC games. It tells me that the age restrictions prevent it. When I log in to some Family Security or something, it doesn't even let me click my name to change my settings. It also has me as a teddy bear.

Everything literally worked fine the last time I used Game Pass, and I've had this account for 15 years, always been the only person on it, always been an adult.

I've been through about 10 layers of account security and had to get my authenticator off an old phone, all to change something that I never changed in the first place.

This is really frustrating me to the point of meltdown. Why would Microsoft suddenly lock me and decide I'm a child? I am the only one on my account. Why won't it let me change it on the web page or in the Xbox Game Pass app?

Can't click myself on the family settings site, and if I click "change content settings" it takes me to some help page that tells me to click myself where I can't. Unbelievable how they can take something that has worked for years and suddenly mess it up beyond me even being able to install a game.

Help?

:)

Jesse_Dylan, May 21, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

PC Game Pass won't let me install teen stuff. I'm an adult and have had an account for 15 years.

Hello, Jesse_Dylan, thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Your account is an adult account, right?

Would you please share a screenshot with the full error message that you receive?

Waiting for it, my friend.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

PC Game Pass won't let me install teen stuff. I'm an adult and have had an account for 15 years.

Well, I'm glad it worked. Probably was just a glitch.

If it happens again please let me know.

I'm here if you need anything else.
  4. Jesse_Dylan Win User

Hi--thanks for being willing to help!

I went back to repeat the problem for a screenshot, and now I'm able to install the content that I wasn't able to install before. Nothing changed on my end.

Maybe it was a glitch with the PC Game Pass app, which has made huge improvements but is still kind of a slog.
  5. iSplashInYoFace Win User

Store says I can't buy teen game because I have child/teen account when I am an adult and have an adult account

Sorry, posted that on the wrong account. This account is the one that won't let me buy teen games even though I have an adult account. Please tell me how to fix this.
  6. Xnefoo Win User

This account is not permitted

I went to My account then clicked on privacy and online settings near the bottom.

Re entered my pass.

It asked me to login into the parental account, so i did.

Then i t had 4 options: Adult, Teen, Child, Custom

I chose Adult, then clicked save.
Thema:

1. PC Game Pass won't let me install teen stuff. I'm an adult and have had an account for 15... - Similar Threads - Game Pass won't

2. Xbox Game Pass triel won't work

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass triel won't work: My friend has bought Game Pass and got 5 trial invites, when he sends one and I click on it the page for reedeming codes, says its either miss spelled or gives random error code (he did pressed...
  3. Weekly Game Pass Reward Won't Mark As Complete

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Weekly Game Pass Reward Won't Mark As Complete: I recently got the Game Pass Ultimate and was playing Watch Dogs 2 for the weekly point reward, but I've finished the objective about 4x over by now and it still hasn't been marked as complete on...
  4. Razer Atrox connecting to Win10, but Game Pass won't recognize it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Razer Atrox connecting to Win10, but Game Pass won't recognize it: Razer Atrox being recognized by Windows and shows as Xbox Gaming Device in device manager. Was working with no issues for years up through the other day, can navigate menus outside the game app...
  5. Xbox Wireless Controller won't connect to PC Game Pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller won't connect to PC Game Pass: Today when I went to turn on my PC and open up gamepass, I was shown a small alert that said "No controller is connected" last night I had used the same controller without any issue but this...
  6. Xbox game pass on PC won't install Warhammer 40K: Darktide, stuck at 40%. Can't pause the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass on PC won't install Warhammer 40K: Darktide, stuck at 40%. Can't pause the...: I have seen this post regarding many games in general none coming to a resolution so i am hoping to get to one. I have updated Windows as of today 12 October 2023. I have updated Xbox app and...
  7. Streets of rage 4 Xbox game pass won't launch on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Streets of rage 4 Xbox game pass won't launch on Windows 11: Already tried: 1- Resetting and repairing gaming services, Xbox app, Store app. 2- Clearing Xbox's app cache 3- Reinstalling gaming services 4- Deleting gaming services and gaming services net...
  8. Why won't Game Pass Ultimate work for all accounts on designated home console?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't Game Pass Ultimate work for all accounts on designated home console?: I verified my console is designated as the home console. My account, the primary account for the family, has the game pass ultimate subscription. The other accounts on my home console are supposed...
  9. Starfield won't launch on PC Game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield won't launch on PC Game pass: As the title says starfield won't launch on pc through the xbox app. I have re installed it, moved it to another drive, verified files, updated windows, updated drivers, checked for game updates...
  10. Starfield won't launch on xbox game pass for pc(premium upgrade purchased)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield won't launch on xbox game pass for pc(premium upgrade purchased): When I try to launch it says game has crashed Error code:0xc0000005. I tried repair, reset, starting as administrator from desktop shortcut. I tried sfc/scannow from cmd and restart. Help....