PC Game pass gives an error (0x80004005) everytime I launch any game

Discus and support PC Game pass gives an error (0x80004005) everytime I launch any game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I already tried many fixes suggested from other posts such as uninstalling the xbox services, reinstalling, clearing cache, etc. but none of them... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BlitzyProto, Mar 22, 2023.

1. BlitzyProto
    BlitzyProto Guest

I already tried many fixes suggested from other posts such as uninstalling the xbox services, reinstalling, clearing cache, etc. but none of them worked.

I tried to see if my game files were corrupted so I uninstalled Hitman 3 and tried to reinstall but it just gives the same error. I managed to get it to download by making another windows account and installing from there, the problem is i just cant launch games from there cause it gives another error related to licensing or something. Even if I sign out on the xbox app on my main it just gives the error code when I launch a game

It also gives the sad face when I try to install halo infinite and when I check my profile it says im playing warhammer 40k darktide even if im not and made sure that the game isnt just running in the background

I haven't even had the gamepass for a week and I already cant play please help

almost forgot to add but I managed to get minecraft to run cause it asked me to sign in again when i opened the launcher

:)

BlitzyProto, Mar 22, 2023
  2. BlitzyProto Win User

Calling the reinstall a fix is kinda reaching tbh

I'm pretty sure me screwing myself over by reinstalling windows is unrelated to game pass randomly unshitting itself.

Not really worth it since one of the main reasons I got game pass was for Skyrim and it's pretty depressing to learn that I can't mod like the steam version cause of restrictions

Good thing I got a code for 3 months for relatively cheap cause I coulda just used that money for like, well not really a lot since it was just 3 dollars.

I love gaming in 2023
  3. GeriatricTech Win User

I am having the same issue. It is utterly ABSURD the fix I am seeing is to reinstall Windows. That is a days-long process for someone like me who is a power user. It is unacceptable that I also cannot go directly to the game .exe and run it without the same error. So in essence my games are locked away from me being of Microsoft's laughable implementation with gaming services.

I am going to cancel Game Pass and just stick to Steam. It's worlds better and I never have to worry about Windows itself and its **** services not letting me play what I want when I want.

Again, for anyone reading this do NOT reinstall Windows to fix this. Cancel Game Pass and move on. I have also seen where this error will resolve itself because it's a problem on MS's end. Doesn't matter. That should never happen. Cancel Game Pass. Cancel it. They need to go back to the drawing board and redesign this entire thing. It's laughably bad.
  4. BlitzyProto Win User

ITS WORKING NOW???

Yes I was installing from the game pass

But for some unknown reason I can launch games now, I dont know what happened or what I did differently, the only difference is I have bf2042 running from steam and thats it. I hope it doesnt break again tomorrow or something lol

But yeah anyways thanks for helping me fix my problem, really means a lot
  5. Dericka Win User

Oh, I understand. May I know are you trying to install games from the Game Pass?
  6. BlitzyProto Win User

I got an update, something about a stack update and a few windows defender security stuff.

Sadly it didn't work :(
Thema:

1. PC Game pass gives an error (0x80004005) everytime I launch any game - Similar Threads - Game pass gives

2. I bought the new Lenovo legon go and they said they give me free Xbox game pass I claim,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the new Lenovo legon go and they said they give me free Xbox game pass I claim,...: I access the Xbox app and press claim and I have a credit as a guarantee. However, the game pass is not activated I checked in the subscription in the account it's not there the the free game pass...
  3. I redeemed my moutian dew code for game pass and it didnt give me it what do i do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I redeemed my moutian dew code for game pass and it didnt give me it what do i do: I redeemed my moutian dew code and it said i got the gamepass but I cant play rainbow six siege what do i do 3cc349cd-868a-483d-a6e7-aa8f750dae4e
  4. When launching a game from PC Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Live login gives error 0x80070520

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When launching a game from PC Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Live login gives error 0x80070520: I was launching Starfield from PC Xbox Game Pass, and when it was signing in a Xbox Live window prompt came up and said I couldn't log in and gave me an error code: 0x80070520 I'm on Windows 11...
  5. PC Gamepass "Give PC Game Pass" Referral Link Not Working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PC Gamepass "Give PC Game Pass" Referral Link Not Working: Hi, Microsoft. So I tried to share my free 14-day gamepass codes to my friends, but when they accessed the link it says the URL is no longer available, specifically it says: "The URL may be...
  6. Redfall in Xbox app with Xbox Game Pass gives an error after launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redfall in Xbox app with Xbox Game Pass gives an error after launch: This popup. Tried everything up to accessing WindowsApp folder and Bethesda folder itself. Nothing helps. Created shortcuts on desktop and was running it with Admin rights too, not helping at all...
  7. Why doesn't game pass give my storage back?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't game pass give my storage back?: Hi! My internet alias is Smummie, and I use game pass on PC! I have 500 gigs of ssd storage until I'm able to get a bigger ssd. I use steam, epic and pc game pass. Epic and Steam have no issues:...
  8. I just download mlb the show with Xbox game pass but it keeps give me a code error of 0xb100042

in XBoX on Windows
    I just download mlb the show with Xbox game pass but it keeps give me a code error of 0xb100042: Why won’t it let me play mlb the show 22 with game pass keeps throwing code error 0xb100042 0e566ad2-75aa-47dc-88f8-cc52423a853d
  9. I have a free year of pc game pass that came with my computer that I'd like to give to my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a free year of pc game pass that came with my computer that I'd like to give to my...: His gaming account is different to my Microsoft account and I don't want to give him access to my Microsoft account. 711be123-d01b-4a05-ac86-8790ef38861b
  10. Hitman Trilogy on Game Pass Won't Give Access to Any of the Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hitman Trilogy on Game Pass Won't Give Access to Any of the Games: So I've downloaded the Hitman Trilogy onto my Xbox today, two different times, and both times it won't give me access to the full unlocked game. All I can try is the Prologue, but this doesn't...