PC Game Pass Destiny 2 crashes at launch

Discus and support PC Game Pass Destiny 2 crashes at launch in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have been using game pass on my pc since it came out and haven't run into this issue and haven't found anything that has worked to fix this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NinjaXxXDeagle, Mar 13, 2022.

  1. PC Game Pass Destiny 2 crashes at launch


    Hello, I have been using game pass on my pc since it came out and haven't run into this issue and haven't found anything that has worked to fix this issue. I downloaded Destiny 2 the other day and it would launch to the loading screen symbol and then just crash. I have D2 on steam and it runs just fine. I have tried the following:

    Verify game files

    Reinstalled the game (a couple times now)

    Made sure my firewall wasn't blocking the game.

    Made sure I had administrative permissions.

    Reinstalled Xbox app and Game services

    I did change recently the file path on the Xbox app to another SSD. (I don't think this would be an issue?) I don't believe it is because I downloaded another game from game pass to the same drive and it worked perfectly. All of my other games on GP work it's just Destiny 2 that doesn't. I would love to play it with the included expansions while they are available.

    If there are any other things you guys can think of that might help I would appreciate it! Just let me know if you need more information at all.

    :)
     
    NinjaXxXDeagle, Mar 13, 2022
    #1
  2. KarlOnPC Win User

    Destiny 2 launches via Steam but not via Game Pass

    Yes, I understand that.

    My issue is not with porting but with the fact that Destiny 2 crashes at launch on Game Pass but not on Steam.
  3. NinjaXxXDeagle Win User

    PC Game Pass Destiny 2 crashes at launch

    I followed the steps in the video that was provided to install an older version of gaming services and it works now. Although it does cause the problem of not being able to download the current games. We'll just have to wait for Bungie to fix this issue with the updated version of gaming services. As of now though, it does work.
  4. NinjaXxXDeagle Win User

    PC Game Pass Destiny 2 crashes at launch

    Okay so I found a fix that worked! The problem was with the newest version of Gaming Services. Anyone else having the same issue you can follow this video instructions and you'll be all set!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygc5IcAFnmY&lc=UgxLrNqyo_MTwyHGcEt4AaABAg.9ZX-q0yW-Tg9ZXlXNFsw5K

    Hope it works for you guys as well!
    Only problem with this method is it is an older version of gaming services and now I can't download any other games.
  5. tommystinnett Win User

    PC Game Pass Destiny 2 crashes at launch

    Yup, that it did.

    We all just sit and wait unfortunately.
  6. NinjaXxXDeagle Win User

    PC Game Pass Destiny 2 crashes at launch

    Hey Georges, unfortunately none of these worked for me.
Thema:

PC Game Pass Destiny 2 crashes at launch

Loading...
  1. PC Game Pass Destiny 2 crashes at launch - Similar Threads - Game Pass Destiny

  2. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  3. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  4. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  5. does anyone have a game pass code i cld have

    in XboX Insiders
    does anyone have a game pass code i cld have: need game pass to play w pals would mean alot submitted by /u/Valuable_Cicada_8404 [link] [comments]
  6. I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub

    in XboX Insiders
    I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub: G Hub often fails to detect games installed through the XBOX app on PC. When that happens, you can’t create profiles that activate automatically when those games launch. I made a free,...
  7. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  8. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  9. Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????: I truly enjoy the gameplay and Xbox Live experience, but I find the monthly cost to be quite high. While it's clear there's an interest in encouraging online play and Xbox Game Pass subscriptions,...
  10. Destiny 2 launches via Steam but not via Game Pass

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 launches via Steam but not via Game Pass: For the past week I have been unable to launch Destiny 2 on PC Game Pass. I downloaded it as a trial on Steam and works just fine. The problem is that all the DLC is purchased via Game Pass so I...