PC Game Pass - Cannot Launch any game (Error code: (0x80004005), cannot install any game...

Discus and support PC Game Pass - Cannot Launch any game (Error code: (0x80004005), cannot install any game... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Everything was all ok Friday, I went away for the weekend, came back and now I can't launch any game from the XBox app nor can I install anything from... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JeyeHB, Nov 14, 2022.

1. JeyeHB
    JeyeHB Guest

PC Game Pass - Cannot Launch any game (Error code: (0x80004005), cannot install any game...

Everything was all ok Friday, I went away for the weekend, came back and now I can't launch any game from the XBox app nor can I install anything from the game pass library. Games through Steam and Epic are all ok.

(Error code: (0x80004005) - When I try to launch any game through the Xbox app

(Error code: (0x00000001) - When I try to install any game through the Xbox app

I'm stumped, I've tried to verify the games, re-install Xbox app, re-install gaming services etc. It feels like it's a problem with my account but it all looks ok to me, sub expires 2nd December where it just auto renews.

:)

JeyeHB, Nov 14, 2022
  2. JeyeHB Win User

PC Game Pass - Cannot Launch any game (Error code: (0x80004005), cannot install any game (something unexpected happened)

I'm pretty tech savvy but this one has me stumped. As soon as I try and download anything from the XBox app it just says error immeidately. I've ran CHKDSK and SFC and a malware anti root kit and I've ran ADWCLeaner with the reset tags for Winsock, Windows installer, delete prefetch files, tracing keys, reset firewall and delete IFEO. It's even a fresh install of Windows and I still have the same issue :(

Persona 5 is on game pass though :) go check it out ! I was about 10 hours into it before it decided no more XBox Game Pass.

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/persona-5-royal
  3. Georges C. Win User

PC Game Pass - Cannot Launch any game (Error code: (0x80004005), cannot install any game (something unexpected happened)

Hello again, this specific (0x80004005) error, is related to system or game DLL's, DLL are Windows libraries that are important and necessary for the operation of the applications system.

SFC and CHKDSK should check and fix this, but sometimes something may not have gone well in the scan.

About Persona 5, it's a game that shouldn't work for now because it's been on notice on Xbox servers for some time.
  4. JeyeHB Win User

I've just completely re-installed Windows on this PC, re-installed the Xbox app and still the same issue. This is confusing me, does anyone have any ideas?

I meant to keep my apps and settings etc but it looks like it's done the whole thing so I'll be busy today
  5. JeyeHB Win User

Hi Georges C, thanks for your quick response! It's much appreciated, I've been through the list but it hasn't made a difference. I've also run SFC /scannow as suggested in another post. It doesn't feel like it's my hardware as it's limited to the 8 games in the XBox app and I have ~8 other games in other launchers installed that work.

While I was trying your suggestions I've booted another PC up and could launch a couple of games through my account in the XBox app all ok so it must be down to something on this PC.

When I launch games with a splash window, like Monkey Island or Persona I can see it goes Signing In -> Checking For Updates -> MS window with (Error code: (0x80004005).

When I try to install as soon as I hit the button it just instantly reports an error, it doesn't let me pick my install location or anything. I have to go into my download window and it shows a very generic something went wrong error.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello JeyeHB, some of these errors are related to the activation of any Microsoft product, damage or that is missing.

This behavior occurs if one or both of the following conditions are true:

A third-party backup utility or antivirus program interferes with the installation of Windows XP.

A file that WPA requires is modified manually.

Tenet check if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.

After this, try the procedures below.

DEFRAG

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/def...

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

chkdsk

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

Being in use the system will ask if the user wants to check the chosen drive after reboot. Just type S and restart the computer.
Thema:

1. PC Game Pass - Cannot Launch any game (Error code: (0x80004005), cannot install any game... - Similar Threads - Game Pass Cannot

2. I cannot share Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox One Console for my Child

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot share Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox One Console for my Child: Hello everyone, I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with a Game Pass Ultimate issue on our family Xbox One console. Here's the situation: I have an Xbox One with my main...
  3. I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?: Hi, I'm from Turkey. Have got games pass for pc but can't see Starfield on the list hence not able to download it. Could you help me please? 074664e4-709e-4bf6-b14a-da92459740b6
  4. XBOX GAME PASS NOT WORKING. PLAY BUTTON IS GREYED OUT, CANNOT CLOUD GAME.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX GAME PASS NOT WORKING. PLAY BUTTON IS GREYED OUT, CANNOT CLOUD GAME.: [img] I have been trying to get into a game for about 1 hour but the start game button stays gray, switched browsers multiple times, signed in and out of the account multiple times, Disabled all...
  5. I cannot install any games on pc game pass and when I try to install it just says error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot install any games on pc game pass and when I try to install it just says error...: I have already tried antivirus uninstalling, reinstalling game services, and updating my device but nothing works. 10a3f9bd-51f8-411b-9332-8b1e635cac9a
  6. cannot use game pass ultimate cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot use game pass ultimate cloud gaming: hi, my son wants to play a cloud based game, but his account won't allow it, it pops up and says he has to pay for gamepass ultimate. however, my account has gamepass ultimate, and up until this...
  7. i cannot get rewards points for game pass quests

in XBoX Accessibility
    i cannot get rewards points for game pass quests: when i complete a game pass quest and try to turn it in for the points, i get 'try again later' since i joined in september, i have submitted 2 support tickets but they demand a screenshot and...
  8. I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?: Why is the game missing from the store. 436cdc95-ddd4-427f-a0dc-3a542f037032
  9. XBOX GAME PASS NOT WORKING. PLAY BUTTON IS GREYED OUT, CANNOT CLOUD GAME

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX GAME PASS NOT WORKING. PLAY BUTTON IS GREYED OUT, CANNOT CLOUD GAME: Hello, My xbox game pass is not able to cloud stream to my apple device. I have game pass ultimate and live in the Belgium and I have a iphone 12. It worked like a six hours before and now my play...
  10. Cannot change country/region when attempting to add payment method for xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot change country/region when attempting to add payment method for xbox game pass: I'm trying to sign up for XBOX game pass, but I can't change the country/region when doing so. I'm not in the US, and Game pass is available in Norway. The drop-down menu to change the...