PC game pass all games crash after a couple of seconds

Discus and support PC game pass all games crash after a couple of seconds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since some time, all games I install and try to launch via the Xbox app crash after a few seconds. The games do boot, and my system meet the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mark Lonissen, Nov 30, 2022.

1. PC game pass all games crash after a couple of seconds

Since some time, all games I install and try to launch via the Xbox app crash after a few seconds.

The games do boot, and my system meet the requirements, but after sometimes 5 seconds, sometimes up to a couple of minutes, the games crash to desktop, without any error message.

I do not know if it is related, but in the Microsoft store, every time I click on 'get updates' it downloads updates for all apps (even the ones that are already updated). It kind of looks like it installs the updates, but it doesn't actually seem to do anything.

I tried repairing the Xbox app, reinstalling it, reinstalling the crashing games, rebooting and repairing the windows store.

Playing games on different platforms works just fine.

:)

Mark Lonissen, Nov 30, 2022
  2. Mark Lonissen Win User

Dear Josef,

I have tried all the options you gave me. Including the 3 methods Lester gave. None of them seem to have changed anything. Games still crash after some time, and the windows store still wants to keep updating apps.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Mark

Let’s try to isolate the problem a bit more, for this please try:

A. Open task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there temporarily
    Restart the PC and try again

B. Do a clean boot in your PC and try again
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

C. Create a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

D. Reinstall the Microsoft Store and all its components, try both methods provided by Lester
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

5. Mark Lonissen Win User

Dear Josef,

My apologies for the late reaction, I had a busy period.

I tried the first method, it did find some corruptions, but somehow still the problem persists. I do sadly not have the time to do the second method.

But I was planning on upgrading my cpu so I can upgrade to windows 11 on that PC.

After upgrading, the problem should be resolved, I recon.
  6. FishP00ps Win User

can't download anything "try again later something happened on our end"

Still not able to download on console or PC, won't even show my purchased games. This all started after the last crash a couple weeks ago.
Thema:

1. PC game pass all games crash after a couple of seconds - Similar Threads - game pass games

2. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  3. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  4. Pc game pass game saves missing

in XBoX on Windows
    Pc game pass game saves missing: Started up terra invicta to continue my game and it won't allow my to continue or load my game. My saves are not even on there. Looked in the game saves file and it's empty. On pc game pass...
  5. Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option

in XBoX on Windows
    Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option: My latest PC Game Pass renewal email said 'You will receive a refund of your most recent recurring billing charge if you cancel your subscription and request a refund within 30 days after being...
  6. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  7. if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...: two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can a third account sign into the subscribed account to use it ea55d237-1487-43c0-9c02-7c9ff770a0dc
  8. Xbox Live/Game Pass recurring charge on old account

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Live/Game Pass recurring charge on old account: Hi I desperately need help!!! I have been charged for months and months on my account for xbox live/game pass but I have never used it! How can I possible get this refunded?...
  9. It want let me play fight night champion on live but I have ultimate game pass and been...

in XBoX on Windows
    It want let me play fight night champion on live but I have ultimate game pass and been...: It’s not letting me sign in Xbox live for fight night champions and I been playing it for months 57990e78-3fdd-4268-89be-40a1f9326f75
  10. I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play: It keeps giving me 2 options to buy game pass when I try to play multiplayer or zombies e6a1160e-aab8-4e68-9afb-5cf653891546