PC Delta - Xbox now displays last game as actively playing upon Windows sign-in?

Discus and support PC Delta - Xbox now displays last game as actively playing upon Windows sign-in? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello, For about the past month, after some updates on the Delta PC Xbox insider app, I have encountered a strange behaviour now where my profile... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/PeverellPhoenix, Aug 10, 2025.

  1. PC Delta - Xbox now displays last game as actively playing upon Windows sign-in?


    Hello,

    For about the past month, after some updates on the Delta PC Xbox insider app, I have encountered a strange behaviour now where my profile retains the last game played and shows me as playing that game - even when it's not running at all, including any background processes retained that didn't terminate properly. Everything related is terminated or uninstalled. Still, the Xbox app and Gamebar show me, always, as playing my last game whenever I have quit out of it. Upon windows login, immediately I gain reward points for playing a gamepass game and a pc game and when I go check, it says I'm playing a game (last one i played), but in reality it isn't running and when I go to that game in the app, it says "play now" there.

    I have deleted all games, xbox app and services, reset and repaired the app, etc and still it continues. Anyone else reported this/may be insider app related... just curious.

    The main issue really is that if I leave my PC on all day I can, at times, get bombarded with invites since people think I am playing when I am not and I get alerts on my phone. While I can disable them, I don't really want to because I actually use them with regard to what the functional design was for. Notably, no other apps that detect running games (Discord, etc) detect the game running until it is actually launched. It's unique to Xbox app and Gamebar.

    Making an official report in the feedback app.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/PeverellPhoenix
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/PeverellPhoenix, Aug 10, 2025
    #1
  2. Singer_of_NOFF Win User

    Can't sign into Microsoft account on Halo MCC Launch *steam version*

    Have you recently changed your display resolution or moved from a multi monitor display to a single one? I had this exact same issue. I played on my 4k monitor, then tried to play on my built-in laptop screen, and was not able to input anything into the
    sign-in window. You may want to try it on whatever display/resolution you last played the game.
  3. maxen Win User

    PC games that I've played not showing up in activity feed

    Hello Lifeandcraft,

    The Xbox App's Activity Feed will only display activity from games on the Xbox Live Service: Xbox One and Xbox-enabled Windows 10 games, plus you can view achievements from older Xbox-enabled Windows games (eg Windows 8.1), Windows Phone games and Xbox 360
    games.
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

    I cant get into x box Live

    Hi Michael! I'm more than happy to help you!

    If I may ask, are you trying to sign in to your account on an Xbox console or Windows PC Xbox app?

    May I have the exact error message/codes upon attempting to sign in to Xbox Live?

    Also, are you trying to play an Xbox game online multiplayer or are you trying to install games from the Xbox game pass library?

    Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  5. Farscape247 Win User

    Will my Xbox account be closed if I purchased games online for inactivity? And if I died will my Xbox account be closed and my gamerscore with everything I did go forever with me ?

    as long as the account signs into say a windows pc and the xbox app at least once per year then it will stay active.
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

    how can you play games from console on your PC?

    sign into the kids account on pc, open xbox app, sign out of xbox app and sign in with your account, download forza 5, once done sign out of xbox app and back in with your childs account, they can now launch and play the games, you have been able to share windows games and xbox app games and gamepass pc games with other accounts for a very long time.
Thema:

PC Delta - Xbox now displays last game as actively playing upon Windows sign-in?

Loading...
  1. PC Delta - Xbox now displays last game as actively playing upon Windows sign-in? - Similar Threads - Delta displays last

  2. Where are the updates for beta and delta?

    in XboX Insiders
    Where are the updates for beta and delta?: Alpha and alpha skip ahead has been getting alot of updates and i havent seen beta or delta got an update once. 12 days since delta was last updated and patch notes on reddit While beta hasn't...
  3. Delta dashboard lag issues on first bootup

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta dashboard lag issues on first bootup: I am in Delta test phase and been recently having lots of dashboard lag when you first boot up. It takes longer to load the dashboard than it normally does. Clearing the Mac address and reboot...
  4. XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring: I really liked that I could press A and it would launch the game card/hub and then I could select PLAY on any tile on the home screen. A few days back that behavior changed and A launched the game...
  5. September 8, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2608.260902-1030)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 8, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2608.260902-1030): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 8, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2608.260902-1030) Feel...
  6. If i upgrade to delta will I get Disc to Digital immediately?

    in XboX Insiders
    If i upgrade to delta will I get Disc to Digital immediately?: Ok so technically i've been an insider for about 4 years but i just enrolled in Omega like last week and I still haven't gotten the update. I understand they're not rolling them out to everyone,...
  7. Another Problem I had was Series X becomes unresponsive after switching TV input (Delta...

    in XboX Insiders
    Another Problem I had was Series X becomes unresponsive after switching TV input (Delta...: I’m seeing an issue on Xbox Series X running the Delta ring firmware. After switching my TV input away from the console (to a Roku device) and then switching back, the console becomes completely...
  8. September 3, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2608.260831-1200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 3, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2608.260831-1200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 3, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2608.260831-1200) Feel...
  9. Is The Disc To Digital Update Rolling Out Tomorrow For Delta?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is The Disc To Digital Update Rolling Out Tomorrow For Delta?: Im in both delta and omega and when I go into the manage enrolments for update preview inside the XBOX insider app for delta it says “update incoming” and the date shows tomorrow But then for...
  10. September 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2608.260827-1500)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2608.260827-1500): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2608.260827-1500) Feel...