PC crashes when profile changes due to controller disconnecting in Forza Horizon 4.

Discus and support PC crashes when profile changes due to controller disconnecting in Forza Horizon 4. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have been playing Forza Horizon 4 recently after a big break and have a controller that disconnects sometimes. When it does, the game asks for a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by DanielKomada, Apr 3, 2021.

1. DanielKomada
    DanielKomada Guest

PC crashes when profile changes due to controller disconnecting in Forza Horizon 4.

I have been playing Forza Horizon 4 recently after a big break and have a controller that disconnects sometimes. When it does, the game asks for a profile change and then the game crashes with my PC. What can I do to remedy this problem?

:)

DanielKomada, Apr 3, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @DanielKomada, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! Please access the link below and follow the instructions provided to troubleshoot the issue.

The link: Troubleshoot issues with an Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

If the issue persists, you can request a replacement in the link below if the controller is still under warranty.

The link: Request an Xbox controller replacement | Xbox Support

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. jerbear30ky Win User

Forza Horizon 4 Crash to desktop

https://www.****/knowledge/forza-horizon-4-crash-on-pc-solved/
  4. NorIsmail Win User

Control issue regarding Xbox 360 controller when playing Forza Horizon 4 on PC

The controller is fine with other games on my pc. Only when playing forza horizon 4 this issue happens
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

FORZA HORIZON 4

Hi ArtacK,

Yes your data is associated with your account and I don't believe uninstalling the game erases the saved files on your PC. If you're having issues with Forza Horizon 4, I recommend looking over this support article I found with helpful solutions to resolve
    FH4 issues on PC:
    https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/forza-horizon-4-crash-on-pc-solved/

There are 10 different fixes in the link so make sure to go through all of them and let us know if anything helped!
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Forza Horizon 4 Fechando Sozinho [Translate] Forza Horizon 4 closing alone

Hi Marlos,

I see that you are playing this on a PC and not on an Xbox One. I recommend looking at this support article I found with many known solutions to resolve FH4 crashing on a Windows 10 PC:

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/forza-horizon-4-crash-on-pc-solved/

There are 10 different fixes to try on that article so definitely try them all one by one and let us know which one helped!
Thema:

1. PC crashes when profile changes due to controller disconnecting in Forza Horizon 4. - Similar Threads - crashes profile changes

2. Games keep crashing and sending me back to db

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games keep crashing and sending me back to db: Long story short, my Xbox series s, not even a year old yet, has been crashing and bringing me back to the dashboard when I play certain games. Some games I’ve played have resulted in crashes or...
  3. Game crashes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game crashes: Hey my games been crashing. I have already sent old 4 crash reports: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-crashes-and-blue-screen/bfdb522a-36d0-4502-a5ef-58a6c0b67cb0 But...
  4. Destiny 2 inconsistently crashing on my series x and its peeing me off

in XboX Insiders
    Destiny 2 inconsistently crashing on my series x and its peeing me off: Destiny 2 keeps crashing on my xbox and sometimes outright shuts it down. There's no consistency as to when the game crashes and its just destiny 2, every other game runs perfectly and I have no...
  5. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  6. My Valorant crashes and this problem is copied on the clipboard

in XBoX on Windows
    My Valorant crashes and this problem is copied on the clipboard: Fatal error: [File:Unknown] [Line: 498] Attempted to deserialize chunk that failed signature validation. Crashing. 0x00007fff797753ac (module + 0x00000000000653AC)...
  7. Yakuza 0 crashing and causing WiFi to stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yakuza 0 crashing and causing WiFi to stop working: Hey, Just want to express an issue my brother is having with his computer while playing Yakuza 0 on pc game pass to see if anyone knows a way to help or give me a route I haven't taken so far to...
  8. Switching profiles on an Xbox makes games crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Switching profiles on an Xbox makes games crash: My friend has an Xbox and Xbox Game Pass. I have an Xbox and Xbox Game Pass. When I’m at my friend’s place, they’ll turn on their Xbox, open a Game Pass game, and start playing. Then, I’ll...
  9. Accessories app crashing when adding profile to elite 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Accessories app crashing when adding profile to elite 2: Got an Elite series 2 controller when trying to add a profile via the Accessories app the app itself either hangs indefinitely after selecting a new profile name and submitting or it just crashes...
  10. Crusader Kings 3 (crash) - Tour bug corrupt Xbox profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crusader Kings 3 (crash) - Tour bug corrupt Xbox profile: My Crusader Kings 3 game (PC) keeps crashing after my King got back from a tour (new dlc) Since then (a few weeks ago), the game keeps crashing after the initial loading screen and I cannot start...