PC Connecting to TV Issue after it worked fine for a year

Discus and support PC Connecting to TV Issue after it worked fine for a year in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've used my TV as a monitor for my computer for almost a year with no issue. Today, it started up with no problems whatsoever and everything was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dustin Lowenberger, Nov 29, 2022.

1. PC Connecting to TV Issue after it worked fine for a year

I've used my TV as a monitor for my computer for almost a year with no issue. Today, it started up with no problems whatsoever and everything was working. However, I went to connect my airpods with my computer, and as soon as I did, the screen went completely black with a few green lines at the top. The only other change is I purchased a soundbar that I've hooked up through the eARC port, so maybe there was a strange interaction there?

The computer works fine with other monitors, it's just the TV it's having the issue with. I've tried hard restarting the computer, the TV, and removing the soundbar but no luck. I can't see anything on the computer when it's on, and the screen I see changes a bit, but it's always unusable. Sometimes it's varying shades of gray, and then a strip of the same picture repeated, or it goes back to the black screen with a few green lines at the top.

I've tried changing resolution when on another monitor but that doesn't seem to help and the resolution just resets when it's connected.

When I restart the computer, it briefly works and I can see my startup screen which says Legion (comp is a Lenovo Legion), but then after a few seconds it starts having issues. This makes me suspect it's some sort of software interaction issue.

TV in question is a Sony X90J.

I've tried reinstalling video drivers, but also no luck. Video card is an RTX3070.

Any help is appreciated.

:)

Dustin Lowenberger, Nov 29, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Dustin

Let’s try to isolate the problem a bit more, please try and double check this:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update
    Click Check for Updates

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Restart your PC if necessary

If everything looks good, let’s try to isolate the problem a bit more:

A. Open task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there temporarily
    Restart the PC and try again

B. Do a clean boot in your PC and try again
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

C. Create a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...
  3. SiddR Win User

Xbox 360 download speeds slow

There's nothing wrong with my router. My smart TV that the Xbox 360 is connected to works fine. It can stream videos without any issues. Also, a DVD player with built-in Wi-Fi connected to the TV works fine and it can stream videos. I did a speedtest from
    my PC and I am getting 25Mbps upload and download, so my internet connection is fine. The Xbox 360 is the problem. My network settings don't need any changing. Like I said, it used to work fine a few months ago, then after an Xbox software update, streaming
    broke. The problem is Microsoft's, not mine.
  4. seansullivan3 Win User

Blu-Ray player app totally broken for 3D discs now?

After looking around it looks like an issue with the bluray app and LG tvs that support 3d. It initially worked just fine two years ago so something changed in the app.
  5. kt257 Win User

Unable to connect system to LG TV

have the same issue with my 50pg20d lg tv ,when I turn on the xbox one it says connecting on the tv then after a few seconds says no signal ,

I have tried a dvd player in the same ports and they work fine only the xbox one wont work any help would be great
  6. falconbox Win User

xbox live connection issues

ok i know it is not a Time Warner issue. if I connect my xbox directly to the modem it works fine. However when going through my router it no longer works (and it has worked fine for years). Every other computer connected to the router and my wireless devices
    work fine. it is just the xbox.

i have tried resetting my router o factory defaults and it has not helped. oddly though last night after reconnecting everything after playing flawlessly with the xbox connected to the modem, everything worked. however i try to log on today and get the same
    issue.
Thema:

1. PC Connecting to TV Issue after it worked fine for a year - Similar Threads - Connecting Issue worked

2. Controller and connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and connection issues: My first issue i was having was trying to do remote play on my mobile device. I connected via bluetooth my wireless controller to my phone and started remote play.. Only the A and B and the xbox...
  3. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  4. Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...: For a bit of context this issue has been going on for the last few days. My series X is connected to the internet with an Ethernet cord. I have run all of the network tests and they all show that...
  5. Xbox Controller connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller connectivity issues: So, I usually play with my headset on and every couple minutes or so my headset would make a static noise as if my controller is losing connection then my controller would turn off then on, then...
  6. Xbox Remote Play connection issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play connection issues.: I'm having a small, but annoying problem with the Xbox Remote Play feature, in the sense that every so often, probably once or twice every hour or 2, it'll say that it disconnected and then...
  7. Xbox Series S connection issue on startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S connection issue on startup: On My xbox Series S I have had an issue with connecting to network systems wirelessly. When I looked for my wifi it wouldn't pop up I tried searching through specifying my SSID but still didn't...
  8. Wireless connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless connection issue: Hello, for the past few years my xbox has been doing this thing where it just doesn't connect to my wifi, and I used to be able to fix it by going into the network settings and I think either...
  9. Working fix for Xbox 360 Profile Download issue on Xbox One "Can't connect to Xbox Live"...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Working fix for Xbox 360 Profile Download issue on Xbox One "Can't connect to Xbox Live"...: This should work for almost every single case where you cannot download your Xbox 360 Profile. First of all I have more or less figured out that this is due to an IPv6 issue with the 360 File...
  10. Sometimes my xbox parties will work without issue but randomly it will start connecting

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Sometimes my xbox parties will work without issue but randomly it will start connecting: Anyone else have the same issue because this has been happening for weeks now and i cant find a solution all tho i have tried dozens of methods to fix it and my nat type is fine and my internet is...