(PC) Can't see my installed games after switching logins

Discus and support (PC) Can't see my installed games after switching logins in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I initially set up my Win 10 PC with a local account, and have since decided to set up profiles for different family members, with MS logins so I can... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Chris.........., Nov 28, 2022.

1. (PC) Can't see my installed games after switching logins

I initially set up my Win 10 PC with a local account, and have since decided to set up profiles for different family members, with MS logins so I can use parental controls. My new "user" is the same account I use on my XBox Live account, but for some reason I can't see my installed games on the new profile. No big deal for most of the games because they're free with Game Pass, but I bought one of them so I definitely want to get that showing in my profile. I also don't want to re-install everything because I don't want to waste disk space on double installs.

Before

PC User Account - Local user

XBox App Account - My MS account

XBox App Library - 8 games

After

PC User Account - My MS account

XBox App Account - My MS account

XBox App Library - 0 games (well, solitaire of course)

Any ideas? I hope I'm missing something obvious.

:)

Chris.........., Nov 28, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Chris

This can be a bit dumb, but may I know if you’re signed in with the account that own the game on the Xbox App as well and not only the Microsoft store?

If that’s the case, please try and double check this:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update
    Click Check for Updates

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Then, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too. (Click on get updates)

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and verify if you’re able to see the games
  3. CrazyPanda37 Win User

Can't get a Play Anywhere game on my PC

SOLVED: I had the same problem and this answer solved it, for me. I wanted to install a Play Anywhere game (Hello Neighbor) on my sons Windows 10 account and could not, after reading this I opened the Windows Store App, signed out my son and did a temporary
    login with my account (the same email account that purchased the game), now the install button was there. After having done the install I did a login with his account again. My son can now play the game using his account on our Windows 10 PC. Thank you
    very much for providing a solution ArminatorX!
  4. Bigslimvdub Win User

Unable to connect to Netflix code R0-0-499

Having the same issue here since I installed the xbox live update yesterday. Delete and reinstalled program also and still null. I read it was due to a hack on netflix after the update but can't get it to work. Login works fine on the home PC.
  5. Daniel_0815 Win User

Minecraft syncing error

Hi Justin,

have you tried logging in to an Xbox of a friend and see, if you can download the save game there?

If it is the Bedrock version, you can try logging in on PC.

If that works then and after a logout of your profile and reset you can't login, please call the Xbox support.
  6. Mr. Milos Radosavlje Win User

Xbox PC Beta app - game doesn't appear on sidebar anymore

I have exactly the same problem with my xbox pc beta, I have installed shadow warrior 2 included in my game pass then it started once, it didn't recognize the Microsoft xbox controller, the game crashed after a minute and since then it can't be installed
    at all, starts installing and immediately tells me it's installed but I can't start it and it doesn't show up in the installed games.
Thema:

1. (PC) Can't see my installed games after switching logins - Similar Threads - Can't installed games

2. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...
  3. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  4. Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass: Hello, I can't seem to install any Ubisoft game on the Xbox pc app only three dots come up on the install button. I've tried to Uninstall other apps/games but that hasn't worked please help me....
  5. Error 0x80073d19 - Can't install new games/Minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80073d19 - Can't install new games/Minecraft: Can't seem to figure this one out. Says "Something unexpected happened." and gives this error code 0x80073d19 602466b2-0b6b-4706-bb99-8d1704e3fb73
  6. I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to...: I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to 17.1% I have tried different methods, but nothing works... fc8861b4-2237-4daa-9aab-13e01e78d2eb
  7. Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.: Specifically, I am trying to install Sea of Thieves. I have had this game since around launch and so had this game installed previously, but I had uninstalled after not playing for a long time and...
  8. I can't install Gaming Services, what can i do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install Gaming Services, what can i do?: Hello all, for a few Months, i had the same repeating Problem when i try to download Games on my PC. It tells me that i need to download Gaming Services for the Game to run, so i click download...
  9. Xbox game pass on PC won't install Warhammer 40K: Darktide, stuck at 40%. Can't pause the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass on PC won't install Warhammer 40K: Darktide, stuck at 40%. Can't pause the...: I have seen this post regarding many games in general none coming to a resolution so i am hoping to get to one. I have updated Windows as of today 12 October 2023. I have updated Xbox app and...
  10. Why can't i install the Xbox One version of a game, with the Xbox Series?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't i install the Xbox One version of a game, with the Xbox Series?: Just bought a series X. Wanted to play Mortal Kombat 11 again, but dont care about the X/S version and wanted to re-download the Version for the One. I have an external for such games. and most...