Payment method problem - credit card info incorrect

Discus and support Payment method problem - credit card info incorrect in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I want to purchase the PC Game Pass Preview via the Microsoft Store but my payment method keeps getting denied. When I fill in all of the credit card... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/LivingLikeAnooB1, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Payment method problem - credit card info incorrect

I want to purchase the PC Game Pass Preview via the Microsoft Store but my payment method keeps getting denied. When I fill in all of the credit card info, the system marks it as incorrect (non existent credit card number, etc), even though everything is clearly correct.

Any tips?

submitted by /u/LivingLikeAnooB1
    [link] [comments]

/u/LivingLikeAnooB1, Mar 21, 2023
  2. NasifK Win User

Can't buy GTA V since yesterday

Edit payment method on xbox to delete the credit card info, and then bring it back.
  3. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Adding my Debit card as a payment option

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help

This could mean that the billing address for your payment option is incorrect. To fix this issue, make sure the correct billing address is listed on the payment method you're trying to use:
    Sign in to your Microsoft account.
    Microsoft account
    Click Payment & Billing, then Payment Options.
    Under Payment Methods, select the payment method you tried to use to make the purchase.
    For credit cards, debit cards, and direct debit, do the following:
    Select View or edit card and adjust the billing address as needed.
    Select Save when done.
    For PayPal, do the following:
    If the email address is incorrect for the PayPal account, select Remove Account.
    Select Add a new payment method.
    Select Credit Card or PayPal.
    Follow the instructions to set up your credit card, debit card or re-add your PayPal account as a new payment option using the correct billing address.
    Note Edit debit cards as you would a credit card (not available in all locales).
    You will now be able to complete the transaction.

Hope I helped and see you soon
  4. Mister Gwyther Win User

cant use my preaid credit card

Most prepaid debit/credit cards will not work with the console, as they don't allow for online and/or recurring payments. You can contact the provider for more info, or try a different payment method.
  5. napalm 31337 Win User

game purchase

As other Ambassadors says, we need more infos to understand exactly what's the problem. As additional information, also if you have enough fund on your Microsoft Balance, you need a valid Payment method (credit card, prepaid card, Paypal for example) and
    a valid billing address (valid for your payment method and for your Microsoft account region). Let us know.
  6. OCRyzen Win User

i need help

When you view or add a payment method, Microsoft Online Services immediately

verifies whether or not the payment method is valid, and then displays the

status of the payment method information.

The status will be one of the following:

Good

The payment method information is valid and

current.

Declined

The payment method was declined for one of

several reasons, such as insufficient funds or an expired credit card. To

correct the problem, use one of the following steps:

1. Follow the instructions in
      How do I use a new payment method
      to set up a new payment method.
    2. Contact your bank or credit card company to make sure that the payment

method is valid.
    3. Contact Customer Support.
    Expiration pending

Because the credit card will expire

soon, you must update the credit card information with the new expiration date.

To update the expiration date, follow these steps:

1. On the Payment method information page, click Edit

payment method information
    2. Select the new expiration date for your credit card, and then click

Save.
    Expired

The credit card has expired and you must update

the credit card information with the new expiration date. To update the

expiration date, follow these steps:

1. On the Payment method information page, click Edit

payment method information
    2. Select the new expiration date for the credit card, and then click

Save.
    Removed

The payment method has been removed from your

account and the payment method is listed for historical purposes.
Thema:

Payment method problem - credit card info incorrect

1. Payment method problem - credit card info incorrect - Similar Threads - Payment method problem

2. I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method

in XBoX on Windows
    I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method: Hello, recently I bought an Xbox Game Pass and used UPI as the payment method. However, to my surprise, on the day of its renewal, my UPI account was automatically deleted, and now I am unable to...
  3. I refunded some games but I changed my payment method where will the money go?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I refunded some games but I changed my payment method where will the money go?: I refunded some games but I changed my payment method where will the money go? c39da3c8-53a5-4c35-b5db-a6561b690066
  4. How do I remove a stuck payment method from my Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove a stuck payment method from my Microsoft Account?: Dear Microsoft/Xbox Community, I have a issue with my payment method that was been going on since 2 years ago (2022) & I tried to remove or replace the payment methods Online & on Console but it...
  5. What are the payment methods for xbox design lab? Is there afterpay or paypal?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What are the payment methods for xbox design lab? Is there afterpay or paypal?: I cant talk to xbox live chat, it keeps saying "There was an error processing your request" so i hoping you can help me to my question honestly Is there afterpay or paypal on xbox design lab?...
  6. Why when I add a payment method with my visa they don't let me they tell me Ensure Your...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why when I add a payment method with my visa they don't let me they tell me Ensure Your...: Why when I add a payment method with my visa they don't let me they tell me Ensure Your Info is Correct and it's correct 100% 223253da-d25c-4ea9-93ce-76772dc0623f
  7. "PUR-PrerequisiteProfileMissing" "There was a problem setting the payment method for your...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    "PUR-PrerequisiteProfileMissing" "There was a problem setting the payment method for your...: I have been run all around the Microsoft support team with this issue. I have not been able to purchase anything at all with my account. All I want is to buy a couple of design lab controllers. I...
  8. problem with the payment method

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    problem with the payment method: Hi, I have problems paying for the game pass test since at the time I am putting the data of my card it tells me that there is an error with the service and I want to know if I am the only one...
  9. Problem with setting up payment method (credit/debit card) in south Africa

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with setting up payment method (credit/debit card) in south Africa: Greetings all I hope someone can help me as I stay in south africa and cannot set up my credit/debit card as a payment option because when asked for which state I live in , it gives options to...
  10. adding payment method and Region Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    adding payment method and Region Problem: Hello!!!!! Need help with this. When i try to add a new payment method it doesn`t let me change the region wich is stock at mexico, like unable to change it, my card isn`t from mexico and the...