Password forgotten and 2 step verification on

Discus and support Password forgotten and 2 step verification on in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi I had forgotten my password and went to recover it. I had 2 step verification on and was only able to get a code to my first number, the second... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ElainePrescesky, Mar 4, 2022.

1. Password forgotten and 2 step verification on

Hi I had forgotten my password and went to recover it. I had 2 step verification on and was only able to get a code to my first number, the second number did not receive text messages so I had to use the I don’t have that information anymore. Then it asked for an email address to contact and account would be locked for 30 days. Does this mean in 30 days I will be able to create a new password and get into my account? I am very worried as I don’t know what happens at the 30 days? Thank you

:)

ElainePrescesky, Mar 4, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

You're very welcome, ElainePrescesky. Stay healthy and safe.
  3. ElainePrescesky Win User

Thank you for the explanation that makes sense! Appreciate it very much!
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

After 30 days you will be able to change your password since you're in the process of updating your security information.

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli...
  5. Francia J. Win User

You're correct that is if you know the password, however, you're in the process of resetting it when you needed to update your security information since you don't know the password, you will be able to sign in once your security information is updated, that is where the verification code will be sent when you will reset your password.

Within this 30-day period, a code or notification is being sent to your original security information, if no one will validate or verify the notification being sent there after 30 days your new security information will be updated.
  6. ElainePrescesky Win User

Hi in the reference material it says you can use your console, but how can you if you can’t log in without a password to your Xbox. That is confusing. Also so if no one tries to access your account in 30 days then that is how they verify it is really me? I just want to put my mind at ease that I will get back into my account at the end of 30 days! I find this very worrisome
Thema:

1. Password forgotten and 2 step verification on - Similar Threads - Password forgotten step

2. How can I access my child's Xbox account when password is forgotten?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I access my child's Xbox account when password is forgotten?: I can access my own Xbox account which manages all my children's accounts, but I have forgotten the password and cannot access HER account. I can update her personal information but not account...
  3. How can I get my xbox account on my phone when I have forgotten my password

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I get my xbox account on my phone when I have forgotten my password: If u could help me get my account on my phone that would be really greatful of u 37b85748-d09b-439f-ba83-c93b6d08c5de
  4. Help! My husband has forgotten his password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help! My husband has forgotten his password: Help! My husband has forgotten his password and doesn’t have the same number as when he started his account. Now he’s locked out. Since we’re linked through our family account is there a way I can...
  5. Forgotten password, account recovery form not working. Have I lost my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forgotten password, account recovery form not working. Have I lost my account?: Lost access to account and recovery form doesn’t work. I have spent a good amount of money on Xbox games etc and now I can’t access them due to being locked out. Please can I speak to someone to...
  6. Hiw do I change my child's password if he has forgotten it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hiw do I change my child's password if he has forgotten it: My son has forgotten his password for his Xbox account andi amstruggling to locate the part of my account that holds it, to have it changed. Any help is much appreciated...
  7. Daughter has forgotten password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Daughter has forgotten password: My daughter has a hotmail account that is only used to sign into Minecraft, playing on a Nintendo switch. She has forgotten the password and can no longer log in. I have followed the reset process...
  8. I wan to know if i can get the forgotten password and email to my old gamertag which i have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I wan to know if i can get the forgotten password and email to my old gamertag which i have...: I wanted to get a gamertag for my xbox which I always use come to find out there was one already made so i wanted to knew that person only again to find out that person it me. I know this because...
  9. After a recent update to my Xbox I’ve forgotten the password to my 8 year old account and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    After a recent update to my Xbox I’ve forgotten the password to my 8 year old account and...: Hi there, After a recent update to my Xbox I’ve been asked to log back into my account and have forgotten the password (I’m currently writing this on my second account). My Xbox account was set up...
  10. I have forgotten my password and I verified my first code but my second code doesn't?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have forgotten my password and I verified my first code but my second code doesn't?: I copy and paste my second code and says its the wrong one. 1840e26d-84b4-4a12-82f0-4baf13a63960