Password does not work

Discus and support Password does not work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Does anyone else have the problem where your xbox live password will work on xbox.com and the xbox smart glass app but not on your console?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Reese6485, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Reese6485
    Reese6485 Guest

Password does not work

Does anyone else have the problem where your xbox live password will work on xbox.com and the xbox smart glass app but not on your console?

:)

Reese6485, Jan 4, 2014
  2. B1G BAD B1RD
    B1G BAD B1RD Guest
    Password will not work

want to change my password

B1G BAD B1RD, Jan 4, 2014
  3. flufhed
    flufhed Guest
    Password will not work

I could not remember my password for xbox live so I came online and changed it. Online I can login in to xbox live site and to the microsoft account, but on my xbox it's telling me the password in invalid. Any idea why?

flufhed, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Password does not work

It sounds as though you might have Two-Step Verification turned on. You can find this out by going to
    https://account.live.com . Under
    Overview select Security Info and you should see
    Two-step verification. See if it says Set up two-step verification or if it says Turn off two-step verification. If it says turn off two-step then when you sign in on your Xbox you will want to enter the app
    password instead of the password for your Microsoft account. If you turn off two-step verification then you would use your Microsoft account password. Let us know your findings and hopefully this helps!

eG x Thee Elf, Jan 4, 2014
  5. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Password does not work

It sounds as though you might have Two-Step Verification turned on. You can find this out by going to
    https://account.live.com . Under
    Overview select Security Info and you should see
    Two-step verification. See if it says Set up two-step verification or if it says Turn off two-step verification. If it says turn off two-step then when you sign in on your Xbox you will want to enter the app
    password instead of the password for your Microsoft account. If you turn off two-step verification then you would use your Microsoft account password. Let us know your findings and hopefully this helps!
  6. dup7d71ce78-208b-487 Win User

Account password works on xbox.com but same password does not work on my 360

Hello jbsilverback,

The router is not the problem for your account troubles.

It is almost virtually impossible to have an email/password for Xbox.com account be different than when you are logging on to your console.

First verify your email via Hotmail.com/Live.com/Outlook.com to confirm your Windows Live ID and make sure that you gain access.

Then delete the account from your Xbox console and re-downloaded it using the same email/password you use to log in to access your email.

**IMPORTANT** Make sure your billing information is accurate and up to date as Xbox won't allow you download new or old content without proper verification of your account.

If these steps fail check out our "
    Can't Connect to Xbox LIVE
    " section
  7. JustinCasper Win User

Cannot Change WLID on XBOX

Try doing a password recovery and then log in with the new password. If that does not work please let us know.
  8. Campy Turtle Win User

New Update Profile Download Error 80151103

Changed my password and it still does not work :(
  9. AffeManolo Win User

My password on Xbox 360 is not recognized.

onyx62is

did not work, still says that my password is incorrect, I only have access to my account with application code, but it does NOT work to change my password.
Thema:

Password does not work

1. Password does not work - Similar Threads - Password does

2. How can I download my xbox profile to my xbox 360 when its os keeps telling me my password...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I download my xbox profile to my xbox 360 when its os keeps telling me my password...: And don't give me some **** about two-step verification cause I got it disabled. 4f9e9087-d930-4e81-8174-5ac69ca0e78d
  3. Where is my Roblox name and password on Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Where is my Roblox name and password on Xbox: What is my Roblox username and password notify me d53b9ea7-6461-464b-b102-2affcf852834
  4. I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password: Over last two days I have had to change my Microsoft password. I receive a message each time that it has been successfully changed yet when I try to use this password the message states it is...
  5. Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?: If I leave the game inactive overnight, I wake up with an email saying 'We think that someone might have accessed the Microsoft account ****." And now my password needs to be reset. Well, I've...
  6. Does xbox app stay signed in when you change the password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does xbox app stay signed in when you change the password: I have just been hacked by someone I know who bought a bunch of things using my card on my account and now whenever I change the password, it still keeps my xbox app on and says their console is...
  7. Does changing your Microsoft password sing you out of every device you've logged in,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does changing your Microsoft password sing you out of every device you've logged in,...: I sold an Xbox 360 that I don't use anymore but I forgot to remove my xbox account. Will changing my password sign out of that xbox 360 that I sold to prevent anyone from using it?...
  8. How to recover lost account assets (email does not exist / forgot password)

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to recover lost account assets (email does not exist / forgot password): I got my old xbox 360 out, and it has a game with loads of DLC loaded on to it. I paid a lot of money for this DLC and such and so I wish to use it. However, my old Microsoft account uses an old...
  9. What can i do if someone has my token to my account? does changing password or email do...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What can i do if someone has my token to my account? does changing password or email do...: i just want to know if changing password or email do anything 9fa4ae4c-4e13-4fc3-8f1d-f79abcc03f58
  10. I can not log in. After the password screen, there is a blank screen that does not change....

in XBoX on Windows
    I can not log in. After the password screen, there is a blank screen that does not change....: Some help will be appreciated. a849009e-bc2a-4933-9d18-1b44ca1cbf70