Pass through for the xbox 360 on the xbox one

Discus and support Pass through for the xbox 360 on the xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Don't know if this has been covered but why not allow you to pass through the xbox 360 on the xbox one for those not interested in running the cable... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SRT392, Jan 2, 2014.

1. SRT392
    SRT392 Guest

Don't know if this has been covered but why not allow you to pass through the xbox 360 on the xbox one

for those not interested in running the cable box through or some that don't have cable anymore

this would allow you to switch to all your Arcade content & see friends playing a particular game on one console or the other

You could seamlessly switch , it would almost be like a default backwards compatibility .

Just a thought

:)

SRT392, Jan 2, 2014
  2. DigitalAssassin, Jan 2, 2014
  3. paulnick2003
    paulnick2003 Guest
    HDMI pass through

What are the benefits of linking the 360 through the hdmi pass through. Does it just help you only use 1 HDMI connector on the tv for two items. Don't you then need to have your 360 turned on and the XBOX One on or at least on standby for the pass through
    to work. Also do you guys/girls have your xbox one settings on quick start up or full off setting. Just wondering Thanks

paulnick2003, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Stoyvensen
    Stoyvensen Guest

Technically,you can do this....its just not supported by Microsoft if you have any issues. Also, I have heard there is a bit of latency when running your 360 through it, something you wouldn't notice while only watching TV. But it can be done with the passthrough.

Stoyvensen, Jan 2, 2014
  5. SRT392
    SRT392 Guest
    Both my consoles are hardwired so don't know if latency would still be an issue . Rather than experiment I think they should just drop an AP for it so it's seemless , seems like a no brainer IMO

SRT392, Jan 2, 2014
  6. Xenokai
    Xenokai Guest
    Actaully stoyvensen it is support by ms, the latency is true tho so i wouldnt recommend playing it like that.

Xenokai, Jan 2, 2014
  7. CAMARO Xlll
    CAMARO Xlll Guest
    Ok, again I hate to be rude, but a bit of research would give you all the correct answers here. I don't know whats to support, this does nothing but pass through the console so there isn't much room for issues. Second, the latency is in the HDMI passthrough,
    not the internet connection. Letency is when you push a button on the 360 game pad, the is a slight delay to when you see it on screen, it has nothing to do with the internet AT ALL. Its a visual latency. I have my set up like this and it is negligible. The
    only games its not really recommended for is FPS games like call of duty where that split second reaction is needed. I play GTA Online with friends and its hardly noticable. This setup works great and is very useful, and the only down side is a slight delay
    in the display of the 360 video output.

CAMARO Xlll, Jan 2, 2014
  8. Stoyvensen
    Stoyvensen Guest

[quote user="x0x CAMARO x0x"]

Ok, again I hate to be rude

[/quote]

Then don't be rude.

Stoyvensen, Jan 2, 2014
  9. CAMARO Xlll
    CAMARO Xlll Guest
    But I kind of have to be a bit rude, when people could do the same research I did and get all the answers you need. Its just lazy to sit here and ask for answers to things like this when all the answers are out there, you just have to search. Its like people
    use these forums as their own personal google search, type something in and wait for a reply. Whatever I gave the OP the answers he was looking for. Next time, GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.

CAMARO Xlll, Jan 2, 2014
  10. Stoyvensen
    Stoyvensen Guest
    That's true, google is your friend. But still some people like to post on the forum to get direct communication from the Live community. Which is cool. But yes. Google is like the knowledge base for life and everyone should start using it lol.

Stoyvensen, Jan 2, 2014
  11. CAMARO Xlll
    CAMARO Xlll Guest
    I guess I just feel like the "not lazy" one. I was on Google every day when there was console news and I soaked up every bit I could. I don't usually think that other may not be that interested to follow every story. Anyway. Hope this helps OP.

CAMARO Xlll, Jan 2, 2014
  12. SRT392
    SRT392 Guest
    You google any question but what's the point of a forum if not to give answers to potentially thousand of users that may have the same question or learn of something they were previously unaware of ?

SRT392, Jan 2, 2014
  13. StrangerJim
    StrangerJim Guest

"But I kind of have to be a bit rude, when people could do the same research I did and get all the answers you need."

So when someone goes to a forum to asks question isn't that research? Also when you do a goggle search it often points you to a forum.

StrangerJim, Jan 2, 2014
  14. Endgamez
    Endgamez Guest
    Other than the latency, over HDMI, it works fine. I've got my 360 set up that way.

Endgamez, Jan 2, 2014
  15. Dear Microsoft:

I would like an HDMI switch that is controllable by the Xbox One, preferably one that gives me a good 2-4 extra inputs. Because I still can't choose between my 360 and my Cable Box, and dang, I wanna plug that WiiU in too!

Okay, back in serious-land, it works fine. The hard part is deciding what to plug in.

KathrynHadley, Jan 2, 2014
Thema:

1. Pass through for the xbox 360 on the xbox one - Similar Threads - Pass through 360

2. Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass: Hello, I can't seem to install any Ubisoft game on the Xbox pc app only three dots come up on the install button. I've tried to Uninstall other apps/games but that hasn't worked please help me....
  3. I need help accessing my new console and accumulated games, not game pass through my tv.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help accessing my new console and accumulated games, not game pass through my tv.: I need to access my console and accumulated games, not game pass through my tv. ebc296ad-7937-407a-9ede-eaf1c319da9a
  4. What happens if I download GTA V through Game Pass and then buy it on disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What happens if I download GTA V through Game Pass and then buy it on disc: Will be my saved data from that gta from gamepass be on disc version of gta? ba5b78de-9169-45a6-ab70-12815e6d2a33
  5. I paid for a Xbox ultimate game pass Subscription through Verizon's+play and according to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for a Xbox ultimate game pass Subscription through Verizon's+play and according to...: I paid for a Xbox ultimate game pass Subscription through Verizon's+play and according to Verizon my Xbox ultimate game pass Subscription is active and paid for. But Xbox is saying that it never...
  6. How do Minecraft Java edition working through my game pass subscription.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do Minecraft Java edition working through my game pass subscription.: As the title says, I have game pass, and included with it is minecraft, but i cannot get the launcher to go past the enter a username for minecraft java edition. I pick the profile name that I...
  7. Why isn't Quantum Break playable through Xbox Game Pass cloud streaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't Quantum Break playable through Xbox Game Pass cloud streaming?: Why isn't Quantum Break playable through Xbox Game Pass cloud streaming? ab4593b4-89fc-4134-a857-0a03b69db2e5
  8. playing pc game pass games through boosteroid help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    playing pc game pass games through boosteroid help: my pc is very basic but i can play top games through boosteroid as long as i own the game on steam,I have game pass ultimate so is it possible to play pc game pass games (cities skylines 2)...
  9. Error installing MS Flight Sim through Xbox Game Pass (Win11) - Error 0x80070002

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error installing MS Flight Sim through Xbox Game Pass (Win11) - Error 0x80070002: I cannot install MS Flight Sim w/Xbox Game Pass on Win11. Gives an error in the Install Queue (Error 0x80070002). No other information given. I do have other Xbox Game Pass games installed ~8...
  10. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate inaccessible through my Windows 10 PC, and my Xbox 360, and it only...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate inaccessible through my Windows 10 PC, and my Xbox 360, and it only...: I just bought the Xbox One X, and an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, as well as other subscriptions. I have had no problems with the Xbox One X, and have used the Game Pass Ultimate on it with no...