Pass through audio does not always work with DTS

Discus and support Pass through audio does not always work with DTS in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi, I have been looking at this issue for maybe a week now. I've tried all that i know to fix this issue but no luck. Maybe you guys have any ideas...... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/colin9408, Jul 4, 2022.

1. /u/colin9408
    /u/colin9408 Guest

Hi,

I have been looking at this issue for maybe a week now. I've tried all that i know to fix this issue but no luck. Maybe you guys have any ideas...

Sooo, I have a xbox series X connected to a Denon 2700h avr that is connected through eARC to the LG Oled CX. I've been watching 4k bluray movies via PLEX. These movies are uncompressed 4k movies with both TrueHD and DTS audio files. The TrueHD works like a charm and is being passed through towards the Denon. However the DTS does not always work as in non of the movies will pass through the audio from DTS. Why i am convinced it should work is because i have downloaded the DTS 4k demo. This is a similar file like a 4k movie. This file plays without any issues from the plex app and passes the audio through towards the denon.

I've tried new hdmi cables from Roline 8k cables from both Xbox to reciever as to the TV. Tried all the video settings turned off in the Xbox. I've tried to change settings in the Plex server. Non have worked so far. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue?

submitted by /u/colin9408
    [link] [comments]

/u/colin9408, Jul 4, 2022
  2. Z31Fanatic Win User

dts digital surround vs 5.1 uncompressed dolby

So much misinformation here.

DTS (Dolby Digital also) is a lossy format which means it's a compressed format just like the mp3 format is. DTS-HD Master Audio is a lossless format which means it is uncompressed. Unfortunately the xb1 does not pass thru DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD to a receiver.
    The xb1 does the encoding and passes the sound as 5.1 or 7.1 PCM uncompressed.

5.1 uncompressed sounds the same as DTS-HD. It's just a matter of which device does the decoding, the xb1 or you receiver, and in this case it's the xb1 that does it, so you should use it instead of the plain old lossy DTS format.
  3. supermoped Win User

Bitstream setting-Why forced to choose DTS or Dolby?!

Yes, the bitstream DTS or Dolby Digital setting gives you true 5.1 channels. Check your receiver settings if you have the impression the channels are not discrete.

@puffergeek

So the PS4 adds notifications and other sounds to the DTS-HD or Dolby True HD stream? Youknow what this means, right? It doesn't pass through the audio stream either. Granted, it does seem to be able to output DTS-HD and Dolby True HD. But what's the benefit?
    You're arguing that most receivers, like your Harman Kardon, do a much better job at decoding the audio then the console does. But don't you realize that even the PS4 touches the audio beforehand? Otherwise it wouldn't be able to mix in UI sounds.
  4. Dwoop33 Win User

Center Speaker (No Audio)

No, mine works fine but I also play the audio from my tv pass through to my reciever so it's automatically decoded for me in true DTS. Maybe check your audio settings or do you have it in AUX or CD/DVD input, that could make it default to only playing in
    the main speakers as well.
  5. Dark Dork Win User

Separate bitstream format options for HDMI/Optical on Xbox One X

Some more info as to why I want this. I'm using HDMI ARC between my audio receiver and TV. All connected devices pass a DTS bitstream to my TV, which in turn passes it to the receiver. On my PS4 I also use an Astro A40 Mixamp Pro, which is capable of delivering
    DTS through HDMI and DD through optical. However the Xbox One X can't. I have to switch the bitstream format between DD and DTS manually. Why not use DD instead on the Xbox One then? Well then I'd have to switch what the TV sends to my receiver. So then I'll
    have to change between DD and DTS in my TV audio settings.
  6. TheIronLurp Win User

Xbox One unable to detect that my receiver supports DD5.1, DD7.1 or DTS

I would like to ask a question in this discussion. For HDMI audio out. If I have it set to 5.1 or 7.1 i get sound but I here no voices (I guess this is the center audio channel if I am correct.) This is for Blu Ray only as games work fine. DTS out results
    in no sound at all.

For optical out, my only option is stereo or DTS but here DTS does work.

That said, I would like to know if anyone has figured out how to get HDMI 5.1 sound out without losing the voice/center channel when playing a blu ray disc?

Everything I said holds true no madder if the audio is coming from the TV speakers, or my turtle beach headset (which is rated for 7.1 as it is the PX5) or my stereo system with the later two being hooked up via pass through from the TV. Piping the audio
    via optical cable to my surround system while set to DTS works just fine oddly enough. I just run into problems with the HDMI settings.

I apologize if this is already answered. I read through the whole discussion but it is late and I may have missed something.
Thema:

1. Pass through audio does not always work with DTS - Similar Threads - Pass through audio

2. Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass: Hello, I can't seem to install any Ubisoft game on the Xbox pc app only three dots come up on the install button. I've tried to Uninstall other apps/games but that hasn't worked please help me....
  3. Everytime I launch a multiplayer game through PC game pass, the audio gets very distorted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Everytime I launch a multiplayer game through PC game pass, the audio gets very distorted: Hi, I currently have a custom built PC and am using PC Game Pass for most of my games, but every time I launch a multiplayer game like sea of thieves, my audio shoots up to max when it was...
  4. xbox one controller pass through audio won't work on my pc

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox one controller pass through audio won't work on my pc: I tried the forum https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/audio-passthrough-on-xbox-one-s-controller-windows/692a88c9-f24e-40ab-90ad-088bf2b7b50d , and the solution doesn't work. The...
  5. Display & sound settings - Audio output - Pass Through

in XBoX on Consoles
    Display & sound settings - Audio output - Pass Through: Hi, I think it's about time an option was added to the Bitsream format drop-down menu in the Audio output settings, to allow pass-through of audio instead of having to select between DTS Digital...
  6. Please implement proper audio pass through

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please implement proper audio pass through: Unless I have missed anything proper audio pass through (HD audio incl. Atmos) only works when playing Blu-rays. This is really a half baked solution (I wanted to use another phrase here but I...
  7. Bitstream pass-through causing a delay in audio when resuming a bluray disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bitstream pass-through causing a delay in audio when resuming a bluray disc: Hi team, Having a Dolby Atmos supported surround sound system I was waiting for months for XBOX to finally release the update, now it's here and it's not perfect (or at least not to me). When I...
  8. Audio Bitstream Pass-Through

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Bitstream Pass-Through: According to the Xbox One Update Preview news...I hear that members can set their consoles so that their Home Theater Receiver can "decode" the audio signal instead of the Xbox One S doing it....
  9. Audio pass-through for DLNA

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio pass-through for DLNA: So, I love that DLNA support was added, but I still cannot get the console to output in DTS audio. I heard that this is because the Xbox cannot pass-through any audio, but it instead does the...
  10. Audio vanished from hdmi pass through

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio vanished from hdmi pass through: Hello Last night i was watching sky through the hdmi pass through which has been running for months when the audio suddenly vanished . no changes to any settings it just went . i have now plugged...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dts:x atmos audio delay xbox series x plex