Party overlay on Xbox Gamebar glitched

Discus and support Party overlay on Xbox Gamebar glitched in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Recently I was using xbox gamebar party overlay and now its solid. I remember it being transparent except for the peoples names and now it just looks... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by PlasmaSyncz, Jun 29, 2022.

1. PlasmaSyncz
    PlasmaSyncz Guest

Recently I was using xbox gamebar party overlay and now its solid. I remember it being transparent except for the peoples names and now it just looks the same as when your in a party and open the gamebar overlay. Any way to fix this or was it chnged to be?

:)

PlasmaSyncz, Jun 29, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Plasmasyncz

Do you know if maybe the gamer bar received an update?
    Please double check Microsoft store, that can be a possibility, Microsoft from time to time change apps design / interface to make it look better.

Another way to double check this is reinstalling game bar:

Right-click on the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the pop-up menu.

Copy and paste the following command in PowerShell and hit Enter to uninstall the Game Bar from your system.

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage

Now head over to Microsoft Store and search for Xbox Game Bar and see if you're able to install it now, if the interface looks the same, indeed was a layout / interface redesigned with a new update

I'll look forward for your feedback
  3. Farscape247 Win User

xbox game bar captured video doesn't show application's icon

the logo might be an overlay from the program, the xbox gamebar will only capture the window or fullscreen application. it does not capture overlays all the time.
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Gamebar Party Chat Overlay

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Here's how to Remove Overlay Favorites on Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10 https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/151309-how-...

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  5. Rage Athena Win User

Sorry i should have clarified, i am on windows 10
  6. mauricio tumalan Win User

Hi Rage my name is Mauricio i understand your problem

Open the Settings app. You can do that quickly with Windows Key + I shortcut.

Head over to the Gaming section.

Select Game bar from the menu on the left and disable Record game clips, screenshots and broadcasting using Game bar option.

if this doesn't work maybe is a issue with win 11 so i send you de FAQ link to the new version of gamebar with win 11

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win...

let me know if this works, have a great day
Thema:

1. Party overlay on Xbox Gamebar glitched - Similar Threads - Party overlay Gamebar

2. Party Chat on PC seems to be broken?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party Chat on PC seems to be broken?: Every time i start or join a party on PC with game bar or xbox app and a friend or someone else joins, the party chat disconnects. parties work fine on my xbox and phone though, and i have tried...
  3. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  4. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  5. Gamebar Party Chat stops working when overlay is closed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamebar Party Chat stops working when overlay is closed: Ever since the latest windows 11 update the Xbox gamebar is not working properly. Party chat only works when the overlay is on the screen. As soon as I close the overlay the other members of the...
  6. Xbox party chat wont work unless game bar overlay is actively open

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox party chat wont work unless game bar overlay is actively open: need a fix asap, tryna play games and party wont work, ive tried everything i can find and nothing has worked. i just need a simple fix for windows 11 home version, i cannot access background apps...
  7. Party chat only works when party overlay is on (PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Party chat only works when party overlay is on (PC): So whenever I'm in a party I need to have the overlay on otherwise no body can hear me but i can hear them. Is there any fix please and thank you. c0f59417-8afd-4d47-a99f-f02ac0c19416
  8. Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...: ive tried everything i can please help Anyone know why this might be happening? Just started about 2-3 weeks go. Any other app works totally fine (in-game chats, Discord, Teams/Zoom, etc). I've...
  9. Xbox overlay party chat issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox overlay party chat issues: I was just starting to play cod mw3 with my friend (me on PC and him on Xbox) I invite him to a party through the overlay (windows+G) when he joins we can hear each other just fine when the...
  10. Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay.: Anyone know why this might be happening? Just started about 2-3 weeks go. Any other app works totally fine (in-game chats, Discord, Teams/Zoom, etc). Windows fully updated, all apps updated....