Party chat won’t work between same ISP’s

Discus and support Party chat won’t work between same ISP’s in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey everybody, I’ve been having an issue I’d desperately like resolved. My friend and I have the same Service provider (spectrum) and for whatever... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Clover Killz, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Clover Killz
    Clover Killz Guest

Hey everybody,

I’ve been having an issue I’d desperately like resolved. My friend and I have the same Service provider (spectrum) and for whatever reason cannot connect to each other’s parties or chats. Can play games sometimes if “game chat” is supported but not always.

Whenever joining eachothers parties it will disconnect us from the party ie. it will show us in the party with each other (and others) and then will immediately put an X over the picture next to the gamer tag and say “disconnected” the other will say “connecting...”
    but we will never connect with each other. And it will cycle between us for who is “disconnected” and “connecting...” but like I said, never actually connect.

While in parties with others we are able to talk to all the same friends, join their parties independently and talk, and host those others individually and talk bust as soon as my friend and I are in at the same time, the party breaks down. This wouldn’t
    be terrible if this wasn’t my best friend and Someone I pretty much have always played with, but it is.

To resolve this issue I have

-made sure both of us have forwarded ports

-changed router on his end

-done hard resets on both Xbox ones

-cleared both MAC settings

-erased persistent storage on my end

-changed gamer location zone on my end (now in Canada instead of where we live in Texas)

-done all the network tests (multiplayer, network, etc..)

-made sure NAT’s are open (never been an issue) and that all security and privacy are “allow” or “everybody”

-researched endless amounts of YouTube troubleshoots and what has worked for others

An interesting note, while at his place the other day, we could both connect under his internet, we could both be in a party and communicate in that party. But upon arriving back at my place to test again if it was fixed, I was dismayed to see the same “disconnected”
    message along with the same error codes that always come. 0x8923401c or 0x89234020

Both my friend and myself are 10+ year members on XBL and have both had live from the original Xbox.

We are both thinking about making the switch to competitors or buying and building comps that way we don’t have to deal with shenanigans anymore. After all we have both invested well over 3 grand apiece in your different times playing and gaming with Xbox,
    and if it’s not gonna work, i don’t see why we would keep wasting money to not be able to play with each other.

-JBeastnZ

:)

Clover Killz, Mar 30, 2018
  2. Problem with mic on Xbox one

hi

My son’s mic won’t work on his chat/party. We have brought new headphones today and mic still won’t work? Any help appreciated

Ellitekiller204, Mar 30, 2018
  3. Magnostream
    Magnostream Guest
    Chat mixer with headset and speakers

Hi, when I enable party chat output through headset and speakers, the headset chat mixer does not work, so whatever adjustment I make,
    the audio in my headphone between party and game audio remain the same (loud party and low game). Is there any way to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Magnostream, Mar 30, 2018
  4. Viper7Gamer Win User

Will Series X players still be able to connect, play and chat with Xbox One console users?

Yes the party chat and cross generation play will work between systems.
  5. BobMcFly247 Win User

2 Problems - One Ethernet connection, the other Stereo Headset Adapter

Edit on item #2

It's not meant to be "party chat" but "chat". Whether ingame or party. But the buttons are not switching between game or party chat, but to control the balance between game sounds and voice chat.
  6. AKMDREY Win User

Silence

yeah most are in party chat.

party chat on 360 is a good/evil kinda thing. it has it's good points but also hampers communication in games like this if everyone is not in the same party.. there is absolutely no communication between teammates then.
  7. Duster589 Win User

Cross compatibility xbox one/360

Forgot to answer the question about the party chat. Party chat does not work between the 360 and One only text messages. If you play a 360 game that has in game voice communications that will work.
  8. ChainSmokingBob Win User

Forum Game Night - So sad. (Dustbowl)

"well the closer u are together, the better it is, MOSTLY same ISP hosters, and players will get better MS and Ping times, BETWEEN THEMSELVES due to the same ISP. Like a party of time warner people, will have better luck with aussies, cuz they are all on
    the same ISP".

I don't mean any offense but none of that made any sense.
Thema:

1. Party chat won’t work between same ISP’s - Similar Threads - Party chat won’t

2. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  3. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  4. party chat doesnt work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    party chat doesnt work: I can not leave game chat on my xbox but the thing is game chat isnt even working anybody know whats happening 5116bb25-f056-4698-9188-b75c92023764
  5. How come my Xbox Series X keeps encountering party chat errors and can not play online...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How come my Xbox Series X keeps encountering party chat errors and can not play online...: Recently my Xbox Series X has been having issues whenever I try to join or start a party with friends. Error code 0x89231806 will pop up and I have done literally everything I can to fix it. I put...
  6. Xbox Party Chat is echoing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Party Chat is echoing: So, this is a really weird situation, but for some reason when I increase the headset volume in Xbox party chat, I have an echo. I've tested it with the talk on Discord option, and it's not there....
  7. Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats

in XboX Insiders
    Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats: whenever i join a VC xbox just keeps my mic muted and no one can hear me however when i switch accounts it works just fine, can anyone help me? submitted by /u/DestryYT [link] [comments]
  8. I’m can not communicate on xbox live party chats or in game chats

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I’m can not communicate on xbox live party chats or in game chats: I have been having trouble communicating on xbox live. To start, i am not coms banned on anything Xbox Live, CoD, or Fortnite, yet i can not communicate with anyone on anything. I have a wireless...
  9. I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio: For a while now I am unable to hear my game chat audio. I have checked my setting in both games and in Xbox setting and the problem still wasn't fixed. 6b7552b3-0fce-4c14-bdef-973eae50e9da
  10. Console party chat not working. I'm on a stable wifi connection but I can't connect to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Console party chat not working. I'm on a stable wifi connection but I can't connect to...: Hello, I've recently upgraded my wifi and got a new provider. Ever since I switched to the one I use now I haven't been able to join partys on my console. I use an Xbox Series S and I've gone...