Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.

Discus and support Party chat on Xbox game bar not working. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; The past few months I've been dealing with my Xbox game bar not working unless I have the game bar pulled up on my screen. I've tried going into the... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by CurtailedLight, Feb 9, 2024.

1. Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.

The past few months I've been dealing with my Xbox game bar not working unless I have the game bar pulled up on my screen. I've tried going into the systems and making it so the background app is always running but I don't even have the option to change it. I've reset and repaired the app in settings as well as uninstalled and re downloaded it since that's what Microsoft support told me to do over the phone but they couldn't help me either. The only fix is to pin the party tab to the screen so it does not go into the background. I was hoping Microsoft would be aware of this and fix it as after browsing reddit and a few other forums it seems people are still having issues and there is no fix or any way to make Microsoft aware of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

CurtailedLight, Feb 9, 2024
  2. AUSTIN PWER Win User

is windows10 xbox app not able to make parties anymore?

Party chat on Windows/Xbox App still works. An alternative is the Xbox game bar Party.

To bring up the Xbox game bar, Hold the Windows button and Press "G"

From there you will be able to initiate a Party and Much more!
  3. RyanDickey Win User

Game Bar and Xbox Companion Network bug

Game Bar and Xbox app conflict withneach other so bad. Once I installed Game Bar i had to remove Xbox App. But in the last two weeks Game Bar is working really bad. It refuses to let me join party chats. I send invites to party chat as well do not work.
    I tried to go back to xbox app since i can not tolerate half working software, and now Xbox app half works. No notification comes up at all for Xbox app but Game Bar persists even when i shut it of. I wanted uninstall Game Bar but you cant.

Game Bar is cool and all but not worth it. How do i get rid of it?
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Xbox game bar party chat not working

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. MtheInsomniac Win User

This was it for me. Any idea why this happened, or a way to allow Game Bar with VPN?
  6. KGC SnEaKaToKe Win User

I was Having this same issue recently. What fixed it for me is, i had turned on Norton Secure VPN and it was not allowing me to chat. I turned it off and everything is fine now. Hope this helps someone.
Thema:

Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.

1. Party chat on Xbox game bar not working. - Similar Threads - Party chat game

2. xbox game bar, cant open group chat in lfg posts party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox game bar, cant open group chat in lfg posts party: [img] I cant open group chats for fh5 in xbox game bar PC d7d5175a-8df0-4f3a-adde-1aea4ac5af2e
  3. Can talk in party chat but not game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can talk in party chat but not game chat: I'm having issue with talking in game chat on xbox S. Party chat is just fine but game chat doesn't even recognize that I'm speaking. Controller is updated. Headset is updated. I'm on an adult...
  4. I can talk in party chat but nit game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can talk in party chat but nit game chat: I'm having issue with talking in game chat on xbox S. Party chat is just fine but game chat doesn't even recognize that I'm speaking. Controller is updated. Headset is updated. I'm on an adult...
  5. Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?: When I join xbox app parties my microphone doesn't work - it's set as my input device for xbox app, computer, etc... - It works in game chat and on discord - I have allowed it in privacy...
  6. Game chat not working on several games, party chat is working fine.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game chat not working on several games, party chat is working fine.: Hi All, I've tried game chats on NBA2K24, EAFC24, DayZ, Forza Motorsport 7 and although chat icons are appearing, I am unable to hear them and also my chat icon does not show either. Party chats...
  7. does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...: does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on xbox? 536155e3-e923-48ea-817c-350e1ab71b7a
  8. PLEASE HELP! Can’t access any type of mic chat. Whether it’s in game or party chat, I get a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PLEASE HELP! Can’t access any type of mic chat. Whether it’s in game or party chat, I get a...: Hello all. I’m low-key having a breakdown due to this issue and I can’t seem to find support or a solution. Console: XBox series X NAT Type: Open Headsets: Razor wireless headset and random...
  9. Why can’t I talk in warzone game chat or party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I talk in warzone game chat or party chat?: I can’t talk in game or party chat in warzone 2 I have tried every option to fix it and nothing seems to work I can still hear and play with cross play players. db2ed706-6dfb-45d0-9586-c4fd13937958
  10. Game chat for none of my games are working, party chat works fine, I’ve already messed...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game chat for none of my games are working, party chat works fine, I’ve already messed...: my game chat is not working for any of my games, the party chat works fine. I’ve already messed with the settings and stuff to try and fix it, anyone know what the problem is?...