Party Chat not working between Xbox and Windows 10

Discus and support Party Chat not working between Xbox and Windows 10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I play on a Windows 10 computer and I can not connect in party chat with people on Xbox. I have tried port forwarding, completely removed/disabled the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Dboy352, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Dboy352
    Dboy352 Guest

I play on a Windows 10 computer and I can not connect in party chat with people on Xbox. I have tried port forwarding, completely removed/disabled the firewall on my computer modem/router and every other tip I could find online but it still won't connect
    and gives me an error code. When I search that error code it tells me to port forward, disable the firewall, change input/output device etc. and nothing is working. Any ideas?

:)

Dboy352, Nov 12, 2019
  2. G v zauBerBerg Win User

There was always the indication that the GPU Optimizer (with you radeon adrenalin) might cause problems in connection with gamepass playing and should therefore be switched off. Maybe that's the case with you, although I haven't heard that the chat is affected
    by it. Perhaps an approach?

(And sorry for my lousy english)
  3. Dboy352 Win User

The only NIC would be the onboard connection, I have no aftermarket ones. And I'm not part of a domain or workgroup.

And on startup I actually have everything disabled so the only things that run besides the core programs is discord and the radeon adrenalin program. Everything else is disabled program wise.
  4. Dboy352 Win User

Another thing I also tried but forgot to mention is setting teredo in command prompt running as administrator
  5. Dboy352 Win User

Everything is up to date. I ended up getting it to work but each time I have to do a couple steps to get it working.

For some reason teredo is always disabled when I start my computer. Even if I input the line code in command prompt to enable it and set it to default when I go to show state after entering those codes it still says disabled.

So it seems i always have to go to the xbox live settings and hit fix then check again and that seems to enable the teredo service.

But the server connection also would not connect and that ended up being because of me having the windows firewall disabled. Once I enabled that and reenabled the ipv6 tunnel services it seems to work.

Now I just need to try and figure out why teredo is always disabled when I start up my computer and why entering the line code in command prompt doesnt enable it or keep it enabled when I restart. I dont know what program would be disabling it.
  6. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Thanks for keeping us informed. Sometimes it happens that it is not on the PC but on hardware restrictions provided by the ISP. However, since you don't have any problems with your console/mobile, the problem is somewhere in your computer. The question
    that arises is, have you tried the party in the GameBar (Windows Key+G) or in one of the XBOX apps, or even tried them all? I assume that all 4 XBOX service and the 2 gaming service are running and are uptodate (You
    can check this via Taskmanager>Services and via
    Windows Store
    )
Thema:

1. Party Chat not working between Xbox and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Party Chat working

2. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  3. party chat doesnt work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    party chat doesnt work: I can not leave game chat on my xbox but the thing is game chat isnt even working anybody know whats happening 5116bb25-f056-4698-9188-b75c92023764
  4. Console party chat not working. I'm on a stable wifi connection but I can't connect to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Console party chat not working. I'm on a stable wifi connection but I can't connect to...: Hello, I've recently upgraded my wifi and got a new provider. Ever since I switched to the one I use now I haven't been able to join partys on my console. I use an Xbox Series S and I've gone...
  5. Mic only works in party chat after factory reset.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Mic only works in party chat after factory reset.: -Not muted -Nobody can hear me in party chat, and the pink circle that indicates you are talking never expands -Game audio works on headset -To hear party chat on the headset I must set chat...
  6. Party chat has stopped working why? X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat has stopped working why? X: We’ve always had party chat and suddenly stopped and can’t get it back on x 03d109a8-a5b8-47b4-83a1-e85bf56fea4f
  7. Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.: The past few months I've been dealing with my Xbox game bar not working unless I have the game bar pulled up on my screen. I've tried going into the systems and making it so the background app is...
  8. Mic not working on Xbox party chat, but is working on my laptop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic not working on Xbox party chat, but is working on my laptop: My headset I use on my elite series II on my xbox series x has suddenly stopped working. There’s no mic monitoring no audio output when i talk, unless I wiggle the mic which makes static. I...
  9. Party chat not working on PC app

in XboX Insiders
    Party chat not working on PC app: As title says party chat won’t work on my PC app. I can join party but cannot hear anyone and cannot talk. I have check that I have the right headphones and speakers connected. My app is fully...
  10. Game chat not working on several games, party chat is working fine.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game chat not working on several games, party chat is working fine.: Hi All, I've tried game chats on NBA2K24, EAFC24, DayZ, Forza Motorsport 7 and although chat icons are appearing, I am unable to hear them and also my chat icon does not show either. Party chats...