Party Chat issue for past two weeks: [0x8923101C]

Discus and support Party Chat issue for past two weeks: [0x8923101C] in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I put this in another thread, but I think you guys need to hear my solution as well. For the past week, I’ve had this issue occur to me after I signed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sqwatts, Jan 1, 2016.

1. DoeP1canOB
    DoeP1canOB Guest

I put this in another thread, but I think you guys need to hear my solution as well.

For the past week, I’ve had this issue occur to me after I signed into a party on the Xbox App, and then left it shortly after. But when I went to rejoin the party on the console, it gave me the error code 0x8923101C, stating that I was still signed into
    a party elsewhere, (which I was not).

After a week of being frustrated and creating a second account to have party privileges again, I stumbled across another forum and found some people suggesting creating a second account and joining a party with the broken account, and making the broken account
    leave the party, fixing the problem completely.

I am going to give you the step by step measurements that I did that fixed this problem. I hope it works the same way for you as it has worked for me.

1. Sign into your “Broken” account on the Xbox App on your Windows 10 device. Then on the right hand side, click on the party tab. DO NOT click start a party.

2. Sign into your Xbox One on the “Broken” account first. Make sure that you have the “Good” account added as a friend on this account.

3. Then sign into the “Good” account. Make sure you have the “Broken” account added as a friend. Then highlight the “Broken” account and click on it. It will then bring up the chat, invite to party, play, etc. menus. You want to click on the chat box, and
    then scroll down and click join party. You should now be in a party with the “Broken” account.

4. Now go back and check on the Xbox App and see if it now shows you are in a party on there with the “Good” account. If so, you’re almost out of the woods.

5. Go back to the Xbox One and switch back to the “Broken” account. Scroll down to the party tab. It should show the “Broken” and the “Good” account both in the party. On the “Broken” account, scroll all the way down to the “Leave Party” Button. Click on
    it once. At this point, it should say: “The ‘Broken’ account has been removed from your party,” at the bottom of your screen.

6. Look back on the Xbox App and check to see that it shows the same case, that you have been removed from the party. If this is the case, you’re almost done.

7. Back on the Xbox One, sign out of the “Broken” account for good measure, leaving you with the “Good” account still signed in. Sign it out of the party. Then turn your console off. Then exit out of the Xbox App. Wait a moment, then turn the Xbox One back
    on.

8. If it automatically signs into your “Broken” account, go to the party tab, and start a party. It should now be fixed. If your Xbox signs into the “Good” account, switch over to the “Broken” account, go down to the party tab, and start a party.

I hope this solution is the solution that everyone, including myself have been looking for. This error code was a pain in the rear for me, as it seems to be for everyone else. It shouldn’t have to be this complicated to fix, but sometimes complicated seems
    to be the best answer than none.

Best of Gaming to you all.

DoeP1canOB, Mar 14, 2016
  2. What if the party is set to invite only

xLOCO LOUIE x, Oct 31, 2018
  3. DoeP1canOB Win User

I put this in another thread, but I think you guys need to hear my solution as well.

For the past week, I’ve had this issue occur to me after I signed into a party on the Xbox App, and then left it shortly after. But when I went to rejoin the party on the console, it gave me the error code 0x8923101C, stating that I was still signed into
    a party elsewhere, (which I was not).

After a week of being frustrated and creating a second account to have party privileges again, I stumbled across another forum and found some people suggesting creating a second account and joining a party with the broken account, and making the broken account
    leave the party, fixing the problem completely.

I am going to give you the step by step measurements that I did that fixed this problem. I hope it works the same way for you as it has worked for me.

1. Sign into your “Broken” account on the Xbox App on your Windows 10 device. Then on the right hand side, click on the party tab. DO NOT click start a party.

2. Sign into your Xbox One on the “Broken” account first. Make sure that you have the “Good” account added as a friend on this account.

3. Then sign into the “Good” account. Make sure you have the “Broken” account added as a friend. Then highlight the “Broken” account and click on it. It will then bring up the chat, invite to party, play, etc. menus. You want to click on the chat box, and
    then scroll down and click join party. You should now be in a party with the “Broken” account.

4. Now go back and check on the Xbox App and see if it now shows you are in a party on there with the “Good” account. If so, you’re almost out of the woods.

5. Go back to the Xbox One and switch back to the “Broken” account. Scroll down to the party tab. It should show the “Broken” and the “Good” account both in the party. On the “Broken” account, scroll all the way down to the “Leave Party” Button. Click on
    it once. At this point, it should say: “The ‘Broken’ account has been removed from your party,” at the bottom of your screen.

6. Look back on the Xbox App and check to see that it shows the same case, that you have been removed from the party. If this is the case, you’re almost done.

7. Back on the Xbox One, sign out of the “Broken” account for good measure, leaving you with the “Good” account still signed in. Sign it out of the party. Then turn your console off. Then exit out of the Xbox App. Wait a moment, then turn the Xbox One back
    on.

8. If it automatically signs into your “Broken” account, go to the party tab, and start a party. It should now be fixed. If your Xbox signs into the “Good” account, switch over to the “Broken” account, go down to the party tab, and start a party.

I hope this solution is the solution that everyone, including myself have been looking for. This error code was a pain in the rear for me, as it seems to be for everyone else. It shouldn’t have to be this complicated to fix, but sometimes complicated seems
    to be the best answer than none.

Best of Gaming to you all.
  4. xXKING JHONNYXx Win User

Same thing is happening 2 me ive tried everything

all that every one has said
  5. BREAKXXXBEAT Win User

HELP XBOX ONE SUPPORT HELP !!!!! NO PARTY NO FUN :(
  6. RobertBuckalew Win User

Also did you try and delete your profile on YOUR console and re download it ?
  7. taurtis123 Win User

This happened to me but I fixed it. All you have to do is have someone join your party. Then go to the party and select leave party. That should fix it.
Thema:

1. Party Chat issue for past two weeks: [0x8923101C] - Similar Threads - Party Chat issue

2. Issues With Xbox Party Chat for Twitch

in XboX Insiders
    Issues With Xbox Party Chat for Twitch: Hello, I am running into an issue on my Xbox and I’m hoping someone here can help me out. I recently have gotten a XR1 capture card and a webcam to start streaming. I downloaded OBS to my MacBook...
  3. Choppy party chat issues when multiple players join the party (Xbox Series S)

in XboX Insiders
    Choppy party chat issues when multiple players join the party (Xbox Series S): I have issues hearing multiple people in party chat. I live in a building with one of my friends (Friend A) and the other one lives a few miles away (Friend B). Friend A plays on PC, while friend...
  4. Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues: I recently purchased the xbox wireless headset for my xbox series s however i have been unable to get it to work on discord thought the xbox but it works on my phone. all in game chat seemed to...
  5. Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.: Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s. When I try to join a party chat it says "connecting" until it says error and I drop out of the party chat, however this problem...
  6. When will Microsoft, a Billion with a B, dollar company fix it's party chat issues that...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When will Microsoft, a Billion with a B, dollar company fix it's party chat issues that...: Fix party chat. It's been an issue since 2015 on the Xbox One original. And you've done nothing to fix it, utterly useless of Microsoft, billion dollar company, can't even fix their own issue that...
  7. Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues: I’m in a flat share with some other people so we all share the same internet. When we play with others over the internet party chat works fine. When we try to add each other from the same house...
  8. Im not sure how to fix this issue I have been having with party chat.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Im not sure how to fix this issue I have been having with party chat.: I have an open nat type, but when I join parties, it says that I am connecting, then I get kicked out, with the message "party chat disconnected showing at the bottom. This happened back in...
  9. Xbox overlay party chat issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox overlay party chat issues: I was just starting to play cod mw3 with my friend (me on PC and him on Xbox) I invite him to a party through the overlay (windows+G) when he joins we can hear each other just fine when the...
  10. Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues: I’m in a flat share with some other people so we all share the same internet. When we play with others over the internet party chat works fine. When we try to add each other from the same house...