Party Chat issue for past two weeks: [0x8923101C]

Discus and support Party Chat issue for past two weeks: [0x8923101C] in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone. So... I have never had to post in any of these forums for any technical difficulties since i began playing xbox, but this one has me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sqwatts, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Sqwatts
    Sqwatts Guest

Hello everyone. So... I have never had to post in any of these forums for any technical difficulties since i began playing xbox, but this one has me beyond stumped. I am not exactly sure what initially aroused this issue, but I'm going to try my hardest
    to provide detailed information about what happened immediately before this issue.

So, I was playing on my friends xbox one (on my account)- we we're playing Halo 5 in a party chat all night, no issues whatsoever. Whenever we got done playing I can specifically remember logging out of my account and turning off the xbox, no big
    deal. Well, I returned home later that evening to play at my house, and whenever i snap the party chat app it reads;

"You can't join a party because you're already in one somewhere else.

[0x8923101C]"

- *The reason i believe this might be relative is because I haven't had my account logged in on any other xbox other than my own in at least two or three months.*

anyways, here i am 7 days later and I haven't been able to use my party chat on my home xbox....

*(i posted this in other areas a while ago & haven't got any answers.. it's been probably two weeks now)

I have tried hard-resetting my xbox SEVERAL times. Reset my internet SEVERAL times. Even went as far as calling all of my friends with my account on their xbox, and getting them to delete my account. Tried signing out of Smartglass and out of my account
    on my computer, and still nothing! Talked to Xbox Support on the phone for nearly two hours, and chatted online with support for quite some time, and made absolutely no progression. Left my xbox unplugged for over 24 straight hours and still the same result,
    same message.... Haven't barely touched my xbox since this started happening because i'm so annoyed..

& this is even weirder, my friends say whenever I am online on my xbox, I am in a party chat by myself *at all times*. Which i know cannot be true because i haven't been able to start one in a week, and my accounts aren't ANYWHERE else anymore..

My NAT type is open, and i know for sure that everything is clear on my end. I've never had any single issue even relatively similar to this on xbox before. I must say; I have been an avid xbox user for the past ten years, and I am quite disappointed with
    this issue. If anyone has any enlightenment on this subject it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,

-

:)

Sqwatts, Jan 1, 2016
  2. Bestlano
    Bestlano Guest
    Can not connect to parties

Hi Advising, Welcome! Sorry to hear your experiencing issues with party chat. What error code are you seeing when this issue occurs? (0x8923101C,
    0x89231806)

Thanks for reporting,

Best

Bestlano, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Teezy
    Teezy Guest
    Xbox one mic not working

since yesterday myself and friends have been having issues with the party chat. Two things are happening, 1. everybody can only hear certain people, 2. Chat is all jarbled up and sounds robotic. Only way to fix is to hard reset the xbox. This has to
    be an issue on microsofts side as they party chat has been having issues for the past week or so.

Teezy, Jan 1, 2016
  4. aust1nb123
    aust1nb123 Guest

Have you cleared your cache? sometimes that can be the problem and to do this follow these steps:

1. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console until it powers down completely.

2. Unplug the power cable from the back of the console so that the power brick in not connected to the console.

3. Press the power button on the console three or four times. This will ensure that any remaining power in the battery is drained, clearing the cache on the console.

4. Plug the power cable back into the console.

5. Wait for the light on the power brick to change from white to orange.

6. Turn on the console using the power button.

aust1nb123, Jan 2, 2016
  5. Also did you try and delete your profile on YOUR console and re download it ?

RobertBuckalew, Jan 3, 2016
  6. Sqwatts
    Sqwatts Guest
    Thanks for the replies guys, but unfortunately I have tried to do all of those things more than a few times.. I have tried everything I possibly know to do.. I'm really afraid I'm going to have to make a new account after all of theses years of having this
    one..

Sqwatts, Jan 3, 2016
  7. aust1nb123
    aust1nb123 Guest
    Yeah man, sorry to say, seems as though almost every action has been exhausted, as you have talked to support for a while, and tried both of our suggestions.

But there has sometimes been an uncanny way of fixing some issues like this. mainly all you have to do is change one piece of clothing on your avatar on the Microsoft website. make sure it is on the website or it won't work, if it even does.

So yeah, that's all i got. Sorry we couldn't resolve your issue.

aust1nb123, Jan 4, 2016
  8. Sqwatts
    Sqwatts Guest

Suppose I'll just buy another Xbox...... lol

Sqwatts, Jan 5, 2016
  9. Jerrdawg
    Jerrdawg Guest
    We have three xbox ones. One unit is ok, the other two are locked

Jerrdawg, Jan 11, 2016
  10. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Jerrdawg,

What do you mean locked?

{Parity}, Jan 11, 2016
  11. StevenBM
    StevenBM Guest
    StevenBM, Jan 11, 2016
  12. Same thing is happening 2 me ive tried everything

all that every one has said

xXKING JHONNYXx, Jan 21, 2016
  13. BREAKXXXBEAT
    BREAKXXXBEAT Guest

HELP XBOX ONE SUPPORT HELP !!!!! NO PARTY NO FUN Party Chat issue for past two weeks: [0x8923101C] :(

BREAKXXXBEAT, Feb 20, 2016
  14. GrampaD
    GrampaD Guest
    Issue just started, finished a game, all is good, invited to party and tried to join party then Xbox One froze ..... restarted but not able to join chat, error says network settings not allowing Chat ... did the update I loaded today break this? .... Have
    open NAT on router, no Internet issues as other devices can connect, Xbox has dedicated IP, no ports forwarded, worked well right up until 30 minutes ago and have tried the usual TS but am stumped. Icon on in-game says I'm in a party but not!

Maybe this is a Treyarch issue? BLOPS3?

GrampaD, Feb 20, 2016
  15. taurtis123
    taurtis123 Guest
    This happened to me but I fixed it. All you have to do is have someone join your party. Then go to the party and select leave party. That should fix it.

taurtis123, Mar 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Party Chat issue for past two weeks: [0x8923101C] - Similar Threads - Party Chat issue

2. Issues With Xbox Party Chat for Twitch

in XboX Insiders
    Issues With Xbox Party Chat for Twitch: Hello, I am running into an issue on my Xbox and I’m hoping someone here can help me out. I recently have gotten a XR1 capture card and a webcam to start streaming. I downloaded OBS to my MacBook...
  3. Choppy party chat issues when multiple players join the party (Xbox Series S)

in XboX Insiders
    Choppy party chat issues when multiple players join the party (Xbox Series S): I have issues hearing multiple people in party chat. I live in a building with one of my friends (Friend A) and the other one lives a few miles away (Friend B). Friend A plays on PC, while friend...
  4. Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues: I recently purchased the xbox wireless headset for my xbox series s however i have been unable to get it to work on discord thought the xbox but it works on my phone. all in game chat seemed to...
  5. Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.: Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s. When I try to join a party chat it says "connecting" until it says error and I drop out of the party chat, however this problem...
  6. When will Microsoft, a Billion with a B, dollar company fix it's party chat issues that...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When will Microsoft, a Billion with a B, dollar company fix it's party chat issues that...: Fix party chat. It's been an issue since 2015 on the Xbox One original. And you've done nothing to fix it, utterly useless of Microsoft, billion dollar company, can't even fix their own issue that...
  7. Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues: I’m in a flat share with some other people so we all share the same internet. When we play with others over the internet party chat works fine. When we try to add each other from the same house...
  8. Im not sure how to fix this issue I have been having with party chat.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Im not sure how to fix this issue I have been having with party chat.: I have an open nat type, but when I join parties, it says that I am connecting, then I get kicked out, with the message "party chat disconnected showing at the bottom. This happened back in...
  9. Xbox overlay party chat issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox overlay party chat issues: I was just starting to play cod mw3 with my friend (me on PC and him on Xbox) I invite him to a party through the overlay (windows+G) when he joins we can hear each other just fine when the...
  10. Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues: I’m in a flat share with some other people so we all share the same internet. When we play with others over the internet party chat works fine. When we try to add each other from the same house...