Party chat between xbox one and xbox 360

Discus and support Party chat between xbox one and xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Are you able to invite/party chat between xbox one and xbox 360? I have been told that you can but it isn't working. 5da10fbe-5fa5-4b14-830a-3b1f953344f3 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by gbfan06, Jan 1, 2014.

1. gbfan06
    gbfan06 Guest

Are you able to invite/party chat between xbox one and xbox 360? I have been told that you can but it isn't working.

:)

gbfan06, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Party chat and private chat

What is the difference between party chat and private chat? Why isn't private chat on Xbox one? (I have xb1 but not 360 yet)

ShadowGamer725, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Xbox one party with xbox 360 friends

I'm afraid there is no cross platform party chat between the Xbox one & the Xbox 360.

Daft Badger, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

No, you can't. The system is not set up to work cross-platform.

Smwutches, Jan 1, 2014
  5. Zeta Psi
    Zeta Psi Guest
    Only text chat works between the different systems. The chat system is a completely different structure and does not flow between generations.

Zeta Psi, Jan 1, 2014
  6. divcaff
    divcaff Guest
    y dose it let us text them but not join them just not right :}

divcaff, Jan 6, 2014
  7. I want voice messaging back and also i actually think that the old 360 dashboard is a lot easier than the one i wish the one could be as 360 but with the ability to scroll trough the dashboard and have a game open

SLAM x SiLeNcE, Dec 18, 2014
  8. Party chat between xbox one and xbox 360

Hey there SLAM x SiLeNcE!

Thanks for posting! We certainly appreciate your suggestions. In order to make sure that your suggestions and feedback get seen by the proper folks, I recommend posting on our Xbox Feedback page. Thanks
    in advance!

Mister Quimby, Oct 31, 2018
  9. Daft Badger Win User

Xbox one party with xbox 360 friends

I'm afraid there is no cross platform party chat between the Xbox one & the Xbox 360.
  10. ZombieDeano Win User

backwards compatible Question

Yes, there is cross chat between the Xbox One and the 360. When you run a 360 game on the Xbox One it functions exactly like a 360. It even has the guide menu for messaging, inviting to party etc.
  11. Dr Black Bones Win User

game cross combatability?

I hope they put in party chat functionality between 360 and Xbox One. I have a feeling when I get the Xbox One mos to my friends still wont have one.
  12. Farscape247 Win User

Rate The Xbox One Game Out of 10 That You Own

it is a different network as all of it runs on dedicated servers, and all the games run on dedicated server, that is why there is no cross play and no party chat between 360 and xbox one, and this xbox one is awesome, glad I got one.
  13. Lofty Who Win User

Across platform's chat

Thema:

1. Party chat between xbox one and xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Party chat between

2. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  3. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  4. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  5. party chat doesnt work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    party chat doesnt work: I can not leave game chat on my xbox but the thing is game chat isnt even working anybody know whats happening 5116bb25-f056-4698-9188-b75c92023764
  6. How come my Xbox Series X keeps encountering party chat errors and can not play online...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How come my Xbox Series X keeps encountering party chat errors and can not play online...: Recently my Xbox Series X has been having issues whenever I try to join or start a party with friends. Error code 0x89231806 will pop up and I have done literally everything I can to fix it. I put...
  7. Xbox Party Chat is echoing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Party Chat is echoing: So, this is a really weird situation, but for some reason when I increase the headset volume in Xbox party chat, I have an echo. I've tested it with the talk on Discord option, and it's not there....
  8. Add option to swap between game chat and party chat using the 'share' button?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Add option to swap between game chat and party chat using the 'share' button?: A great option for the share button is to swap between party chat and game chat instantly with one click. You can already chance settings like taking a photo, video, start and stop recording,...
  9. Add option to swap between game chat and party chat using the 'share' button?

in XboX Insiders
    Add option to swap between game chat and party chat using the 'share' button?: A great option for the share button is to swap between party chat and game chat instantly with one click. You can already chance settings like taking a photo, video, start and stop recording,...
  10. Add option to swap between game chat and party chat using the 'share' button?

in XboX Insiders