Party chat and game chat, friend's mic wont echo, but mine always does

Discus and support Party chat and game chat, friend's mic wont echo, but mine always does in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So ever since i got a xbox one a few months ago, in party chat and game chat my mic always echos, but everyone else in the party does not have their... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by alexdevs, Sep 28, 2018.

1. alexdevs
    alexdevs Guest

So ever since i got a xbox one a few months ago, in party chat and game chat my mic always echos, but everyone else in the party does not have their mic echo. I am not sure if this is an issue with my microphone or console.

:)

alexdevs, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Party Echo

So, I have a PowerA 20$ Mic that echos, Now before you say "Buy a new mic" Note: It only echos when in party chat, In game chat it doesn't echo even if someone screams into their mic. My mic has a mute switch on it and when I turn mute on they can't hear
    me but they are still able to hear the echo, Anyone know how to fix this party chat echo glitch?

xXDeadFortuneXx, Sep 28, 2018
  3. TigerNuno
    TigerNuno Guest
    How annoying is uneducated kids screaming over the mic on xbox parties?

Yeah, I meant the game chat, aka game party, not xbox group parties. I don't know how to edit this thread to change the title.

TigerNuno, Sep 28, 2018
  4. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest

Hey alex!

Thanks for bringing this issue to us and rest assured we are glad to help! Sounds like the correct way to go is to try the

Headset Troubleshooter
    that is posted to our website. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes!

XBF Nestor S, Sep 28, 2018
  5. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey alex!

Thanks for bringing this issue to us and rest assured we are glad to help! Sounds like the correct way to go is to try the

Headset Troubleshooter
    that is posted to our website. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes!
  6. AridLizard Win User

Mic Echo on Xbox One

it depends who is hearing the echo.

if you are hearing an echo then it is most likely that someone else in your party has their mic gain too high and has party chat through their TV or too loud in their headphones. check whose name shows when you hear the echo.

they would need to turn down party chat volume and/or change their mic sensitivity
  7. Shaggy2000 Win User

Mic Monitoring can't be disabled on Xbox Series X with Turtle Beach Recon 500 wired Headset

Is your voice heard in your headset at exactly the same time as you speak, or is there a slight delay from you speaking to you hearing your voice back?

The only reason im asking is that whenever a certain friend of mine logs into a party chat we always get echo, ie I speak and then hear myself a split second later. Its all down to his cheap headset, his TV is muted and yet we always get echo.

The best way to tell if it is your friends fault or not is to leave the party chat tab showing on the left hand side of the screen, and then you speak (while he stays silent), if your friends chat icon lights up green when you hear your echo then its something wrong at his end.
  8. Phonevon Win User

I hear an echo in audio chat

I just remembered an important detail. If my friend mutes his mic in either of the aforementioned scenarios, the echo stops. In fact, as the echo happens, his ring lights up in the party chat to indicate that his mic is picking up my voice and, once muted,
    it no longer lights up.
  9. Reborn Insanity Win User

mic echoing problem in party chat (XBOX ONE S)

Keep the party chat open when talking and have your friends be quiet. Start making noise for a second and see where the echo comes from. If it's coming from you then you'll need to mess with your mic settings like the audio balance between game and party
    chat.

However it sounds like the echo is coming from one of your friends. Also there's nothing you can do about the mic delay unfortunately. That's just a network thing and I've noticed when my friends and I talk there's a 1-2 second delay before we hear each
    other.
Thema:

1. Party chat and game chat, friend's mic wont echo, but mine always does - Similar Threads - Party chat game

2. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  3. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  4. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  5. I’m can not communicate on xbox live party chats or in game chats

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I’m can not communicate on xbox live party chats or in game chats: I have been having trouble communicating on xbox live. To start, i am not coms banned on anything Xbox Live, CoD, or Fortnite, yet i can not communicate with anyone on anything. I have a wireless...
  6. I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio: For a while now I am unable to hear my game chat audio. I have checked my setting in both games and in Xbox setting and the problem still wasn't fixed. 6b7552b3-0fce-4c14-bdef-973eae50e9da
  7. Why when I'm in a party am I stuck in game chat and cannot enter party chat.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why when I'm in a party am I stuck in game chat and cannot enter party chat.: When I am in a party I am instantly in game chat and whenever I press go to party chat it keeps me in game chat. 9ef27869-43fb-4fef-8ccf-f69b9e4d29fb
  8. something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says: Game bar parties not working 0x00000000 something went wrong try again - Microsoft Community I've pretty much done everything this guy has done in this link beside solution 3 which really doesn't...
  9. xbox game bar, cant open group chat in lfg posts party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox game bar, cant open group chat in lfg posts party: [img] I cant open group chats for fh5 in xbox game bar PC d7d5175a-8df0-4f3a-adde-1aea4ac5af2e
  10. Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.: The past few months I've been dealing with my Xbox game bar not working unless I have the game bar pulled up on my screen. I've tried going into the systems and making it so the background app is...