Parent's email receiving purchase notifications from my gamertag

Discus and support Parent's email receiving purchase notifications from my gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm currently experiencing an issue with the linking of email accounts to my gamertag. Even though I recently made a new link with my current email to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hulkis, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Hulkis
    Hulkis Guest

I'm currently experiencing an issue with the linking of email accounts to my gamertag. Even though I recently made a new link with my current email to my Microsoft account and deleted the old one (my mom's email - she set xbox up for me when I was a kid),
    she still receives emails on purchases made from my gamertag. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking it might be because I have a family membership set up (though, all members are "adults") and my little brother's account is connected to my mom's email. Still doesn't explain how notifications of purchases from my gamertag (not brother's) would
    be sent to her email...

If anyone can help me out with this I would be forever grateful. I'm 22 years old and can't buy a $20 DLC without my mom nagging the life out of me for spending my own money on "useless" videogames, thanks.

P.S. - definitely not useless

:)

Hulkis, Jan 26, 2017
  2. XBLRewards8
    XBLRewards8 Guest
    My info is correct

Hello ChillN802,

This yellow light notification on your email is a sign that our system is reporting you may not be receiving emails. However, it looks like you have been successfully getting communications from our program. Can you confirm receiving emails from us?

XBLRewards8, Jan 26, 2017
  3. BloodlustEXE
    BloodlustEXE Guest
    Parent's email?

No, I own the Live account, it's under my email. But since I was under 18 when I made the account I needed to add her email as well (not as the main one, just as a "permission signature" in a sense) I don't think she even uses that email account anymore
    either, she got a new one :/

I'll try to call support and see what they can do for me, removing the need for parental permission if possible, since my account info should state my age, since I had to give that information when I made it.

BloodlustEXE, Jan 26, 2017
  4. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest

Hey Hulkis -

Heh, that sounds unfortunate! I wish I could help you out here however we're public facing so we aren't able to handle issues relating to your account and/or billing. You'll want to reach out to
    support for further assistance. They'll be in a better position to help you out.

Good luck! Parent's email receiving purchase notifications from my gamertag :)

Miss Bijoux, Jan 27, 2017
  5. Miss Bijoux Win User

Hey Hulkis -

Heh, that sounds unfortunate! I wish I could help you out here however we're public facing so we aren't able to handle issues relating to your account and/or billing. You'll want to reach out to
    support for further assistance. They'll be in a better position to help you out.

Good luck! :)
  6. Jhonkito Win User

Parents/owners of family group notifed

Hi WillDevons, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

No, parents will not receive notifications when a child purchases a subscription if spending notifications are disabled for the child's account.

Spending notifications are a setting that allows parents to receive notifications when their children make purchases in the Xbox Store. If spending notifications are turned off, parents will not receive notifications about purchases made by the child, including the purchase of a subscription.

To turn off expense notifications for a child's account, follow these steps:

-Open the Xbox app on your console.
    -Press the Xbox  button to open the guide.
    -Select Profile & system > Settings > Account.
    -Select Family.
    -Select the child's name.
    -Scroll down to the "Notifications" section.
    -Uncheck the "Notify me about this family member's purchases" box.

Once you have turned off spending notifications, parents will not receive notifications when their child purchases a subscription. However, parents will still be able to see the child's purchases in their purchase history.

For your reference, I have included a link where you can find more details about the solution I suggested.

https://support.xbox.com/help/subsc...ames-apps/purchase-settings-for-child-account

I hope the information I gave you has been useful to you, have a happy day.
    Jhon
  7. i need dineros Win User

Gift card redeemed, but amount is not added to my account

Did not help.

I also did not receive a notification email for my purchases.
  8. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

I bought minecraft 2 years ago and now is asking me to buy it again in the same device

Ok, this could be if you had a parental set for the account, then the parent account will receive the purchase notification but the child account would have the purchased license

If that's not the case you will need to contact with direct support
  9. Geth Win User

billing and payment

Check the email's associated with all the gamertags on the console.

They all send a confirmed purchase notification to the emails.
Thema:

1. Parent's email receiving purchase notifications from my gamertag - Similar Threads - Parent's email receiving

2. Parental Consent Emails

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Consent Emails: Hi All, I've been receiving these emails to confirm parental consent for one of my kids. It talks about the action required, then says accounts will be suspended on 10/25, then permanently...
  3. Repeat Parental Consent Emails After Confirming Consent

in XBoX Accessibility
    Repeat Parental Consent Emails After Confirming Consent: Hi, I keep receiving emails from Microsoft Family (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***) about confirming parental consent for my daughter's Xbox account. I've already...
  4. Changed my parents email one my Xbox one s/x?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changed my parents email one my Xbox one s/x?: My dad make my account when I was younger and now I’m more then 18 and I have my own google account but I don’t no how to do it.I look on online for the thing but they said I can change it you can...
  5. Help with removing old parental controls when I don’t have the email for the account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help with removing old parental controls when I don’t have the email for the account: So basically over the past days I’ve realized that my name is set to visible for everyone on xbox and I kinda need to change that. However, when I first got an Xbox several years ago my parents...
  6. I deleted all of my emails from epic and I forgot what my parental control pin is and I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I deleted all of my emails from epic and I forgot what my parental control pin is and I...: I deleted all of my emails from epic and I forgot what my parental control pin is and I don't know how to send it in a email to my phone without going into the epic app help please?...
  7. How to access a child's xbox account that was set up with parent's email and microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to access a child's xbox account that was set up with parent's email and microsoft account?: I made a big mistake setting up my child's xbox, linking her profile to my email address and microsoft account. I know, I know, so thoughtless!!! Because child is a minor I now cannot access the...
  8. Organizer of Family email no longer exists, yet it says I still need parent permission

in XBoX Accessibility
    Organizer of Family email no longer exists, yet it says I still need parent permission: I set my account up to microsoft family so i could do something then i removed the organizer (me) before i removed a member (me). I also cannot switch my account age for some reason....
  9. I would like to make my microsoft account not a child account, but the email to the parent...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I would like to make my microsoft account not a child account, but the email to the parent...: I've recently needed to change settings on my microsoft account after not using it for a long time. However, I cant change the privacy settings because my account is a child account. I got the...
  10. 2 child accounts with 1 parent email address? Is it possible?

in XBoX Accessibility
    2 child accounts with 1 parent email address? Is it possible?: Hi, My sister has the X Box S. She set up her one kid with a user profile with her Microsoft account / email (so she could manage/restrict their access/purchases). She wants to set her other...