parental passcode

Discus and support parental passcode in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a xbox 360 used from a pawn shop. How can I reset the pass code without knowing the old code b5da5d77-53e2-4921-86ea-b5f7d5a20d3d Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LimitingAuto90, Jan 5, 2014.

1. parental passcode

I bought a xbox 360 used from a pawn shop. How can I reset the pass code without knowing the old code

:)

LimitingAuto90, Jan 5, 2014
  2. My Xbox Live passcode has been forgotten!

Are you referring to the Xbox LIVE passcode or the Parental Settings passcode? Only the LIVE passcode can be removed by recovering. The parental passcode can only be removed by either knowing the passcode or answering the secret question.

Mister Gwyther, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Parental controls

Prince: This is incorrect. Recovering an account will only reset an Xbox LIVE passcode, not the parental passcode.

Dodge: The only way you can remove a parental passcode is to A) know the passcode, or B) know the answer to the security question.

Mister Gwyther, Jan 5, 2014
  4. parental passcode

Hey there.

You would need to contact Xbox Support as they are the only ones that can reset it. Just need to explain to them you don't know it.

You can contact them through here -
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Thanks

The Evil Joker6, Jan 5, 2014
  5. Mister Gwyther Win User

My Xbox Live passcode has been forgotten!

Are you referring to the Xbox LIVE passcode or the Parental Settings passcode? Only the LIVE passcode can be removed by recovering. The parental passcode can only be removed by either knowing the passcode or answering the secret question.
  6. Mister Gwyther Win User

Parental controls

Prince: This is incorrect. Recovering an account will only reset an Xbox LIVE passcode, not the parental passcode.

Dodge: The only way you can remove a parental passcode is to A) know the passcode, or B) know the answer to the security question.
  7. Mister Gwyther Win User

Removing Passcode

That depends, are you referring to the Xbox LIVE passcode (to sign in to the account) or the Parental Passcode (download content, change settings)? The LIVE passcode can simply be reset by recovering your account, or going into the menu and disabling it
    (requires the passcode). The Parental passcode will not be affected by recovering, and can only be disabled by knowing the code or answering the security question.
  8. MeanMachine 47 Win User

How do I recover / reset Parental Control pass code?

Hi there. Yes unfortunately you will need to contact the xbox support line for this matter. The passcode which can be reset by recovering your account is the xbox LIVE passcode that the account owner sets, not the parental passcode which the parental account
    sets.
  9. Mister Gwyther Win User

How to recover passcode for xbox live

Are you referring to the Parental Passcode (changing settings or purchasing content) or the LIVE Passcode (signing in to LIVE)?
Thema:

parental passcode

1. parental passcode - Similar Threads - parental passcode

2. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  3. Parent Control Pin not working, help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent Control Pin not working, help: My boy is trying to link with his friends on PS5 but needs parent control PIN, we have reset but it is still not working 97006f70-1455-411f-8c0f-53e35bd95ede
  4. parental controls. game purchased on my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    parental controls. game purchased on my account.: Originally the xbox was mine and it is associated with my account. The children have been using it and it has never been a problem. My wife and I feel like our son is spending too much time on it...
  5. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...
  6. How do I get my parent approved game to download?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get my parent approved game to download?: I bought a game called BattleBlock Theater to play, it was approved by my dad and bought and all it says is “working on it” it’s been two hours and hasn’t been download or anything, what do I do?...
  7. I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games: I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games, i need a password, it is a number, I don't have it, i have an Xbox 360. Please help? 04061981-01e3-426d-93f6-7d5aba6c1dc7
  8. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  9. How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?: Hi everyone, My problem: I have two kids, 7 and 9. They each have their own accounts on the Xbox and have appropriate controls and limits in place. Except they both have unrestricted access to...
  10. How do I erase parental control passcode in xbox360 if the previous owner did not erase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I erase parental control passcode in xbox360 if the previous owner did not erase...: How can I erase the family settings on an Xbox 360 such as parental guidance if the previous owner did not erase everything before selling it, I use the console to stream, I tried opening internet...