Parental Locks don't prevent file deletion???

Discus and support Parental Locks don't prevent file deletion??? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is there any way to protect the system settings or more importantly the storage from being deleted? Our son loves our XBox, but he has a tendency to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JasonRed3, Jan 6, 2014.

1. JasonRed3
    JasonRed3 Guest

Is there any way to protect the system settings or more importantly the storage from being deleted? Our son loves our XBox, but he has a tendency to go into the settings and change things, or to delete files in storage. The parental settings seem to be
    based around accessing objectionable content, which is fine... but actually protecting the system itself seems to have been forgotten.

Thank you!

:)

JasonRed3, Jan 6, 2014
  2. Live account not connecting to server

did you check to make sure that you don't have any "child locks" on, because I think there is a lock that can prevent you from getting online. Just double check your parental locks. And I would keep calling back to xbox until this is resolved, there troubleshoot
    stuff, there is no reason they can't get this stuff resolved fast.

xMRx V3NGE4NCE, Jan 6, 2014
  3. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Why can my child see adult games under his restricted Log In?

parental settings don't prevent kids from seeing games covers

Only trailers or purchasing is prevented

ngocphi, Jan 6, 2014
  4. Parental Locks don't prevent file deletion???

Hey there

Welcome to the forums

I am not aware of the Family settings stopping people from accessing the system settings. However if you feel that it is a feature that should be added to the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One. Please head over to the Wish List and Feed Back forums by clicking on
    this link bellow

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Hope this helps with your issue

Regards

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 7, 2014
  5. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Hey there

Welcome to the forums

I am not aware of the Family settings stopping people from accessing the system settings. However if you feel that it is a feature that should be added to the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One. Please head over to the Wish List and Feed Back forums by clicking on
    this link bellow

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Hope this helps with your issue

Regards
  6. xMRx V3NGE4NCE Win User

Live account not connecting to server

did you check to make sure that you don't have any "child locks" on, because I think there is a lock that can prevent you from getting online. Just double check your parental locks. And I would keep calling back to xbox until this is resolved, there troubleshoot
    stuff, there is no reason they can't get this stuff resolved fast.
  7. xTye Win User

Xbox Account on Xbox Console

There's no way to prevent file deletion as far as I know.
  8. ngocphi Win User

Why can my child see adult games under his restricted Log In?

parental settings don't prevent kids from seeing games covers

Only trailers or purchasing is prevented
  9. US Revenge Win User

people that threaten to hack account on xbox live

delete the system 32 file on your PC and it will prevent hacking.
Thema:

1. Parental Locks don't prevent file deletion??? - Similar Threads - Parental Locks don't

2. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  3. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...
  4. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...
  5. Parent lock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Parent lock: So my dad is unrestricted and has no one in family settings, but my dad is parent locked out and I've tried all the settings on the xbox to fix it removing acc, etc. What's happening?...
  6. XBOX - parental controls password. (As a parent) How to lock with no chance of breaking?

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX - parental controls password. (As a parent) How to lock with no chance of breaking?: Hi Is there any type of Xbox (can be an old one, i don't care) where i can set up a Parental Control password and be confident that it cannot be removed? Some links say that a kid with an...
  7. Parent lock on xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent lock on xbox 360: My son somehow activated the lock and cant remember the code and the on i got from microsoft for my console does not want to work... Please any advice.. 7abb11d4-eeb8-4abe-8ac4-5295332cbfbf
  8. Bought an Xbox 360 second hand. It has the parent lock pass code on it and have asked old ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought an Xbox 360 second hand. It has the parent lock pass code on it and have asked old ...: bought an Xbox 360 second hand for Christmas. Now tried to use it and parental lock is on. Comes up asking for pass code. Have asked old owners and they don't remember what it is. How do I fix...
  9. Parent Security Lock

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parent Security Lock: Hi. I have an Xbox One and I set up a main account with parental restriction on it. However, when signed out of this account with any other account, these restriction no longer apply. How do I set...
  10. Parent lock reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parent lock reset: Hi I have forgotten the parent lock code and the secret question can anyone help? New X Box user? e9636887-1234-463b-bd37-1a23bc3d29ae