parental controls web filtering

Discus and support parental controls web filtering in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, is anyone able to confirm if the web filtering for a child account that is set to "allow list only" will work for them? The allow list i setup on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kevinmflowers, Jan 3, 2014.

1. parental controls web filtering

Hi, is anyone able to confirm if the web filtering for a child account that is set to "allow list only" will work for them? The allow list i setup on on familysafety.microsoft.com only works on my pc not on the xbox one. When i set it to allow list only
    it block everything including my exceptions i have allowed. thanks

:)

kevinmflowers, Jan 3, 2014
  2. CaptainGagEm
    CaptainGagEm Guest
    Router and Parental Controls

Shad0wmanUK,

Yes i do have to do that. I went and put in the MAC address in the trusted domain box on my parental control tab on my router. Reset the router and everything and it would still not connect to the internet. Not sure if i put the MAC address in the right
    area or not. Also my mac address is enabled. So i am stumped now and just going to assume i can't get online. I have parental controls on one of my computers but for my Mac i do not have anything for it to help with web filtering or blocking. THat is the whole
    reason i went through my router was because everything i tried and use for my Mac that i did find caused Kernel messages on it. So if you or anyone else has any suggestions for putting a web filter or web blocker on my Mac so i can remove everything from my
    router that would be greatly appreciated as well.

CaptainGagEm, Jan 3, 2014
  3. CodexJinn
    CodexJinn Guest
    Reset Parental Controls

Hi there,

I forgot the passcode and answer to the secret question to the parental controls for my Xbox 360. Is there a way to reset the parental code via the web or other means?

Thanks!

CodexJinn, Jan 3, 2014
  4. parental controls web filtering

There is a garing loop-hole you should be aware of:

It doesn't matter how secure you make any and all accounts on your xbox one: all you have to do [when you go to log-in] is select Add account, go through the steps, lie abut your age, set your own restrictions [select unrestricted on everything] and now
    you have access to everything. period.

there is no setting to restrict access to this, so anyone can do it, at any time [and then delete it after to hide that it was done]. There are no "Admin" or "Global" restriction settings available to prevent this.

kLdByaCleverFoe, Jul 24, 2014
  5. kLdByaCleverFoe Win User

There is a garing loop-hole you should be aware of:

It doesn't matter how secure you make any and all accounts on your xbox one: all you have to do [when you go to log-in] is select Add account, go through the steps, lie abut your age, set your own restrictions [select unrestricted on everything] and now
    you have access to everything. period.

there is no setting to restrict access to this, so anyone can do it, at any time [and then delete it after to hide that it was done]. There are no "Admin" or "Global" restriction settings available to prevent this.
  6. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Why is my only xbox account a child account>

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help

If you can do this procedure on a computer:

Disable parental controls.
    Press Windows + X and click Control Panel, then under User Accounts click Set Up Parental Controls. ...
    Click on the account you want to configure the web filter for.
    Under Parental Controls, click Disable.

Hope I helped and see you soon
  7. xXRachieeXx1993 Win User

Microsoft Edge - Can it be Deleted?

Hello,

Microsoft edge is a built in app that is unable to be deleted, however there are a few things that you can do to combat the issue.

1. Use a wifi filter on your router to filter what can and can't be accessed;

2. Contact your ISP and ask them to guide you on how to restrain access to these sites;

3. Completely lock down the account with parental controls; or

4. web filtering by: https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/security/block-inappropriate-content

Goodluck

-Rachiee
  8. CaptainGagEm Win User

Router and Parental Controls

Shad0wmanUK,

Yes i do have to do that. I went and put in the MAC address in the trusted domain box on my parental control tab on my router. Reset the router and everything and it would still not connect to the internet. Not sure if i put the MAC address in the right
    area or not. Also my mac address is enabled. So i am stumped now and just going to assume i can't get online. I have parental controls on one of my computers but for my Mac i do not have anything for it to help with web filtering or blocking. THat is the whole
    reason i went through my router was because everything i tried and use for my Mac that i did find caused Kernel messages on it. So if you or anyone else has any suggestions for putting a web filter or web blocker on my Mac so i can remove everything from my
    router that would be greatly appreciated as well.
  9. ArminatorX Win User

100% packet loss tried EVERYTHING

Is it possible that your router has parental controls or a content filter that blocks gaming networks but not video streaming?
Thema:

1. parental controls web filtering - Similar Threads - parental controls web

2. I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?: I have got an account and when i go into the xbox app and try to request to friend someone it says request approval and then says unable to send your request. Overall i want parental controls...
  3. Parental controls plz help me...

in XboX Insiders
    Parental controls plz help me...: Parental controls plz help Hi xbox parental controls is screwing me over so out of spite my dad put it on so I have to create a new account now but don't want to I love my current account does...
  4. Parent Control Pin not working, help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent Control Pin not working, help: My boy is trying to link with his friends on PS5 but needs parent control PIN, we have reset but it is still not working 97006f70-1455-411f-8c0f-53e35bd95ede
  5. parental controls. game purchased on my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    parental controls. game purchased on my account.: Originally the xbox was mine and it is associated with my account. The children have been using it and it has never been a problem. My wife and I feel like our son is spending too much time on it...
  6. I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games: I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games, i need a password, it is a number, I don't have it, i have an Xbox 360. Please help? 04061981-01e3-426d-93f6-7d5aba6c1dc7
  7. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  8. Do parental controls matter?

in XBoX on Windows
    Do parental controls matter?: Hello, I tried to pre-order a Destiny 2 expansion in Microsoft Store directly (Final Shape) I couldn't because of parental controls. Then I went in game and clicked on buy and it took me to the...
  9. Help with Parental control (I am on PC, Windows 11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with Parental control (I am on PC, Windows 11): So basicly I can't play Forza Horizon 4 online because of parental control, I have everything allowed in privacy controls... I watched like 10 tutorials on how to fix it and it still isn't...
  10. When I try to put my parental control pin into fortnite, it says it's wrong even when I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I try to put my parental control pin into fortnite, it says it's wrong even when I...: My parental control pin for fortnite is saying it's not correct. I have signed in to change the pin several times and it still says it's not correct b5517c80-1b79-4a64-8b20-8c1125a33627