Parental Controls Stuck

Discus and support Parental Controls Stuck in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son is 17, has been for months, yet it still won't let him watch content saying "This video is restricted to people 17 and older. The Xbox profile... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by assassinkilling, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Parental Controls Stuck

My son is 17, has been for months, yet it still won't let him watch content saying "This video is restricted to people 17 and older. The Xbox profile undeadzwarrior is not old enough." I have been through the setttings to ensure all parental controls are
    turned off and he's set as "adult" on the xbox. We don't know what else to do. Any suggestions on what to try is greatly appreciated.

:)

assassinkilling, Jan 5, 2014
  2. HassanB
    HassanB Guest
    Stuck behind parental controls

Hello,

You will need to gain access to your parental account before you're able to agree to the terms and conditions and then promote your account from a child to an adult.

If you can't access your parental e-mail then you will need to either try to reset the password or try to fill out the Microsoft
    Account Recovery form
    . Once you're able to agree to the new terms and conditions you will be able to promote your account from a child to an adult by following the directions located here.

HassanB, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Stuck behind parental controls

I went to go download my profile to a mates xbox the other day to find that I had to accept the new terms and conditions.

However it wouldn't let me do this because my step father set up my xbox account years ago.

I contacted him and all he said was, I have no idea what password my account has that is signed up with it.

I am now 20, it seems very silly that I can't just access the account now.

Birdychavbuster, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Lillithvain
    Lillithvain Guest

Parental Controls Stuck

Unfortunately, for we gamers, the age of consent in America is 18 years of age. Until his 18th birthday he cannot have access to adult materials. This is not an Xbox policy, this is federal law. Once he reaches the age of adulthood you can promote him
    to an adult from Web Server's Default Page. It will not work if you try it now because it will tell you that he does not meet age requirements. But, once he does reach 18 you will need to promote
    him in order to lift that account restriction. If you really wanted to, at least in the meantime, you could create an adult account either in your name w/ your info, or you can create a fake birthdate for him on a new account. But, of course, Microsoft is
    not responsible for any exposure your child has to adult content if you do create an account with a deceptive birth date or allow your child access to inappropriate materials by providing them the password to an adult account.

Lillithvain, Jan 5, 2014
  5. That only makes partial sense. I mean, as a citizen I get that 18 is the age of consent, etc. But the error message specifically says "17 and older" not 18 and older. He is 17. So, I'm not sure that the 18 yrs old age of consent issue is the problem,
    not when it's saying 17 and older.

Still looking for answers...

assassinkilling, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Lillithvain Win User

Parental Controls Stuck

Unfortunately, for we gamers, the age of consent in America is 18 years of age. Until his 18th birthday he cannot have access to adult materials. This is not an Xbox policy, this is federal law. Once he reaches the age of adulthood you can promote him
    to an adult from http://www.account.live.com. It will not work if you try it now because it will tell you that he does not meet age requirements. But, once he does reach 18 you will need to promote
    him in order to lift that account restriction. If you really wanted to, at least in the meantime, you could create an adult account either in your name w/ your info, or you can create a fake birthdate for him on a new account. But, of course, Microsoft is
    not responsible for any exposure your child has to adult content if you do create an account with a deceptive birth date or allow your child access to inappropriate materials by providing them the password to an adult account.
  7. assassinkilling Win User

Parental Controls Stuck

That only makes partial sense. I mean, as a citizen I get that 18 is the age of consent, etc. But the error message specifically says "17 and older" not 18 and older. He is 17. So, I'm not sure that the 18 yrs old age of consent issue is the problem,
    not when it's saying 17 and older.

Still looking for answers...
  8. Leonzax Win User

Abox is asking for a parent's email. Neither young enough to need one nor do I know the password.

Update: I found the password for their account, but it's not the same one as the parental controls one, so I'm stuck.
  9. ix syny xi Win User

Stuck in the game with parental control

Ok thank you all for your help and your speed and good night (finally at home it is about 22h).

And thank you again !
    No problem, take it easy and stay safe dude. ✌️
  10. StundZow Win User

Stuck in the game with parental control

thank you all for the answers to answer G4ZIR0VKA and ix syny xi I am with an account of 14 years but we have (with my brother) to link the two accounts ("child" and adult) we have found nothing do you think that by modifying my true age on
    the main account this will solve the problem. ah yes also I can not go in the privacy part of xbox live because every time I saw it it redirects me to a microsoft forum that has no report and I can not connect.
Thema:

Parental Controls Stuck

1. Parental Controls Stuck - Similar Threads - Parental Controls Stuck

2. I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?: I have got an account and when i go into the xbox app and try to request to friend someone it says request approval and then says unable to send your request. Overall i want parental controls...
  3. Parental controls plz help me...

in XboX Insiders
    Parental controls plz help me...: Parental controls plz help Hi xbox parental controls is screwing me over so out of spite my dad put it on so I have to create a new account now but don't want to I love my current account does...
  4. Parent Control Pin not working, help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent Control Pin not working, help: My boy is trying to link with his friends on PS5 but needs parent control PIN, we have reset but it is still not working 97006f70-1455-411f-8c0f-53e35bd95ede
  5. parental controls. game purchased on my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    parental controls. game purchased on my account.: Originally the xbox was mine and it is associated with my account. The children have been using it and it has never been a problem. My wife and I feel like our son is spending too much time on it...
  6. I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games: I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games, i need a password, it is a number, I don't have it, i have an Xbox 360. Please help? 04061981-01e3-426d-93f6-7d5aba6c1dc7
  7. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  8. Do parental controls matter?

in XBoX on Windows
    Do parental controls matter?: Hello, I tried to pre-order a Destiny 2 expansion in Microsoft Store directly (Final Shape) I couldn't because of parental controls. Then I went in game and clicked on buy and it took me to the...
  9. Help with Parental control (I am on PC, Windows 11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with Parental control (I am on PC, Windows 11): So basicly I can't play Forza Horizon 4 online because of parental control, I have everything allowed in privacy controls... I watched like 10 tutorials on how to fix it and it still isn't...
  10. When I try to put my parental control pin into fortnite, it says it's wrong even when I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I try to put my parental control pin into fortnite, it says it's wrong even when I...: My parental control pin for fortnite is saying it's not correct. I have signed in to change the pin several times and it still says it's not correct b5517c80-1b79-4a64-8b20-8c1125a33627