Parental controls search & movie trailers

Discus and support Parental controls search & movie trailers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why is it if I have parental controls on for my kids account and a search is run for movies and TV shows the trailer plays automatically. It doesn't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TechTim89, Oct 18, 2017.

1. TechTim89
    TechTim89 Guest

Why is it if I have parental controls on for my kids account and a search is run for movies and TV shows the trailer plays automatically. It doesn't matter the rating of the content the trailer plays. First of all I feel that if the content filter is on
    the search shouldn't even populate content that is over the limit set. Anyone else have this similar concern? Sure the media cannot be purchased, but I don't want my children even seeing inappropriate movie trailers.

:)

TechTim89, Oct 18, 2017
  2. Bluntman1138
    Bluntman1138 Guest
    Movie trailers gone?!?!

MS has no control over the Netflix app. All changes are made by Netflix themselves. So complaining here on the Xbox community forums, will get you absolutley no where.

And whether or not removing movie trailers was an MS call or not, who really cares. They are movie trailers/ Considering you could watch the same exact movie trailers on the youtube app through Xbox, BEFORE Xbox had the trailers on their video service, just
    makes it all asinine.

Bluntman1138, Oct 18, 2017
  3. TomS_15
    TomS_15 Guest
    Can't Access Netflix Without Entering Family Passcode Since New Update

+1

With the Netflix update, parental control blocks the Netflix app. Before, parental control blocked individual movies on Netflix which is how it should work.

TomS_15, Oct 18, 2017
  4. TechTim89
    TechTim89 Guest

Does anyone have any info on how to just disable trailers from autoplaying?

TechTim89, Oct 29, 2017
  5. TechTim89 Win User

Does anyone have any info on how to just disable trailers from autoplaying?
  6. the bogan of oz Win User

Xbox Video (Movies on Demand) Not 5.1 Anymore

Hi airmattdog

I am located in Australia (aka Australasia)

Movie titles are as follows.

The Water Diviner -- Trailer 2.0 Movie 2.0

Stonehearst Asylum - Trailer 5.1 Movie 2.0

Horns -- Trailer 5.1 Movie 2.0

Hector And the Search for Happiness -- Trailer 5.1 Movie 2.0

Good People -- Trailer 5.1Movie 2.0

Lets Be Cops -- Trailer 5.1 Movie 2.0

I could sit here and run a list of pretty much every movie made available for rent in the last 6 to 12 months, you can easily tell by the download size, 1080P movies in 5.1 Surround sound are about 9 - 12 GigaBytes, 1080P movies without surround sound (2.0
    Stereo) are around 4-6GB.

This issue has been raised previously on these forums, a solution had been promised, but it is evident that the issue has been ignored. Please do not let this request for correcting this issue fall of deaf ears again.

Cheers.
  7. Bluntman1138 Win User

Movie trailers gone?!?!

MS has no control over the Netflix app. All changes are made by Netflix themselves. So complaining here on the Xbox community forums, will get you absolutley no where.

And whether or not removing movie trailers was an MS call or not, who really cares. They are movie trailers/ Considering you could watch the same exact movie trailers on the youtube app through Xbox, BEFORE Xbox had the trailers on their video service, just
    makes it all asinine.
  8. Zehq Win User

too young to play battlefield 3

It's not the video game that's the problem, it's the parenting.

-

You're online theory is alright, but doesn't work out because [MOST] games are built for online now. Game's are made like movies (in a way), you watch the trailer (play the Offline) for a glimpse of how good the full movie will be (online).
  9. ssedwsa Win User

Where are the supposed Bing search content control settings located? Bing results use content control for games but not for music and shows?!

Doesn't help, even when I enable cookies and remain signed in to bing in the IE app, and then exit it, and try the bing search in the Dashboard.

Some other issues:

Sometimes the games that show up are not filtered either, though they can't be downloaded unless they fit with the parental settings.

Sometimes it seems as if the parental controls are working during the first search made in the bing tab (and sometimes during the first search an error occurs and nothing shows up at all except for an IE search option (though to access that the parental
    control forces a password to be entered - for once)), but the second or third or fourth everything reverts back to the all of the inconsistent results I have described in this thread at length.

In some apps, like Amazon video, the content download ability is limited by the parental settings, and even image previews won't show up when limited, however, explicit titles and text summaries of adult movies show up in searches!
Thema:

1. Parental controls search & movie trailers - Similar Threads - Parental controls search

2. Parent Control Pin not working, help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent Control Pin not working, help: My boy is trying to link with his friends on PS5 but needs parent control PIN, we have reset but it is still not working 97006f70-1455-411f-8c0f-53e35bd95ede
  3. parental controls. game purchased on my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    parental controls. game purchased on my account.: Originally the xbox was mine and it is associated with my account. The children have been using it and it has never been a problem. My wife and I feel like our son is spending too much time on it...
  4. I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games: I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games, i need a password, it is a number, I don't have it, i have an Xbox 360. Please help? 04061981-01e3-426d-93f6-7d5aba6c1dc7
  5. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  6. Do parental controls matter?

in XBoX on Windows
    Do parental controls matter?: Hello, I tried to pre-order a Destiny 2 expansion in Microsoft Store directly (Final Shape) I couldn't because of parental controls. Then I went in game and clicked on buy and it took me to the...
  7. Help with Parental control (I am on PC, Windows 11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with Parental control (I am on PC, Windows 11): So basicly I can't play Forza Horizon 4 online because of parental control, I have everything allowed in privacy controls... I watched like 10 tutorials on how to fix it and it still isn't...
  8. When I try to put my parental control pin into fortnite, it says it's wrong even when I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I try to put my parental control pin into fortnite, it says it's wrong even when I...: My parental control pin for fortnite is saying it's not correct. I have signed in to change the pin several times and it still says it's not correct b5517c80-1b79-4a64-8b20-8c1125a33627
  9. The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.: The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can‘t change it. a5a69b26-18a5-439e-8796-96764490afc1
  10. Problems with parental controls on xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Problems with parental controls on xbox: I have 2 boys who both play on one Xbox. One is under my husband's Microsoft account the other under mine. Problem is, the parental controls for both accounts are registered with my husband's...