Parental Controls have completely stopped working and Microsoft Support has no idea how to...

Discus and support Parental Controls have completely stopped working and Microsoft Support has no idea how to... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've spent several hours on the phone over this already. Every time I call, I get someone who doesn't even understand the function, puts us on hold to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by HH496, Nov 22, 2022.

1. HH496
    HH496 Guest

Parental Controls have completely stopped working and Microsoft Support has no idea how to...

I've spent several hours on the phone over this already. Every time I call, I get someone who doesn't even understand the function, puts us on hold to spend ten minutes reading up on it, starts basic troubleshooting steps, but then their microphone setup fails and we just end up yelling "can you hear me" at each other until they hang up. And then they don't call back. This is ridiculous.

For the last several months I see a warning when I sign into my microsoft.com Family that says "[my child's name] needs to sign in again on Windows (XBOX) to verify their account". When we try to follow the instructions (opening aka.ms/familyverify on Edge on the Xbox) it simply doesn't work. But this weekend it's gotten even worse: my child cannot open any of their games anymore even though I have settings set to everything up to and including Mature content rating. There is no option to allow me to approve the game or not, the game simply won't open. We have tried removing the account from XBox and adding it in again already.

:)

HH496, Nov 22, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Parental Controls have completely stopped working and Microsoft Support has no idea how to fix the problem

Hello HH496,

Thank you for your response.

We appreciate so much for the time and effort you have here in Forums.

We have some suggested fixes to try. Kindly follow steps from this support article as well: Fix family activity reporting for Windows 10 (microsoft.com) Let me know if you continue to see these issues.

We are looking forward for your next reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Parental Controls have completely stopped working and Microsoft Support has no idea how to fix the problem

Hello HH496,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. HH496 Win User

Already tried all of that multiple times.
  5. HH496 Win User

We started getting the "press Fix It to verify" (and it won't actually let my child verify) about two months ago. There have been progressively more and more problems since then. Just recently my child cannot even open a game he bought and paid for. It simply fails to open.

We never even had Two-Step Verification turned on so that advice is pointless.

We already did everything you said.
  6. Geri M. Win User

Hello HH496,

We hope you are well today and sincerely apologized for the late reply.

We would like to reconfirm that you did the step on going to the PC, not the Xbox, to do sign in with the child's account.

As we have also consulted this to our internal support, we advise now for you to submit a bug on your PC via the Windows feedback hub.

Windows Feedback Hub

1. File a bug via Windows feedback hub
    2. Download the app here. Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app. Or, in the Windows Search bar, type Windows Feedback Hub and open.
    3. Select Report a Problem
    4. Under "Summarize Your Feedback," please type the title of your bug in the following format [ Xbox Forum] Family Verify Issue
    5. Then in "Explain in more detail," provide a small summary of the problem. Please include the region you reside in and also if you are using a VPN.
    6. When you get to Choose a Category, make sure "Problem" is highlighted, and then on the first drop-down menu, choose "Settings." On the second drop-down menu to the right, select "Parental Controls and Family Safety."
    7. Select "make new bug."
    8. Under "Add more details," choose "Other."
    9. Then in the "Attachments" section, choose "Recreate my problem." and select Start recording, which will record a video as you reproduce the problem. Also, ensure that Include data about & include screenshots of each step is check marked, which should be by default.
    10. Finally hit submit
    Once this has been completed, please update this post and let us know and we will ask for additional information privately and look for the bug filed.

If you have other clarifications, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

We are looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Parental Controls have completely stopped working and Microsoft Support has no idea how to... - Similar Threads - Parental Controls completely

2. Parent Control Pin not working, help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent Control Pin not working, help: My boy is trying to link with his friends on PS5 but needs parent control PIN, we have reset but it is still not working 97006f70-1455-411f-8c0f-53e35bd95ede
  3. parental controls. game purchased on my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    parental controls. game purchased on my account.: Originally the xbox was mine and it is associated with my account. The children have been using it and it has never been a problem. My wife and I feel like our son is spending too much time on it...
  4. I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games: I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games, i need a password, it is a number, I don't have it, i have an Xbox 360. Please help? 04061981-01e3-426d-93f6-7d5aba6c1dc7
  5. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  6. Do parental controls matter?

in XBoX on Windows
    Do parental controls matter?: Hello, I tried to pre-order a Destiny 2 expansion in Microsoft Store directly (Final Shape) I couldn't because of parental controls. Then I went in game and clicked on buy and it took me to the...
  7. Help with Parental control (I am on PC, Windows 11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with Parental control (I am on PC, Windows 11): So basicly I can't play Forza Horizon 4 online because of parental control, I have everything allowed in privacy controls... I watched like 10 tutorials on how to fix it and it still isn't...
  8. When I try to put my parental control pin into fortnite, it says it's wrong even when I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I try to put my parental control pin into fortnite, it says it's wrong even when I...: My parental control pin for fortnite is saying it's not correct. I have signed in to change the pin several times and it still says it's not correct b5517c80-1b79-4a64-8b20-8c1125a33627
  9. The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.: The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can‘t change it. a5a69b26-18a5-439e-8796-96764490afc1
  10. Problems with parental controls on xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Problems with parental controls on xbox: I have 2 boys who both play on one Xbox. One is under my husband's Microsoft account the other under mine. Problem is, the parental controls for both accounts are registered with my husband's...