Parental controls flaw?

Discus and support Parental controls flaw? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have set up a child account and blocked the browser to "allow only" websites. However, my child was able to simply go to the store and download the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by anonymous_495, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Parental controls flaw?

I have set up a child account and blocked the browser to "allow only" websites. However, my child was able to simply go to the store and download the "winsoft" browser and browse unfiltered websites. How can I block this, and if possible, without taking away any other functionality?

:)

anonymous_495, Jun 30, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Parental controls flaw?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today!

May I know if you already enabled ask to make purchases on Microsoft store to see if in that way your child :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Also you could try deleting the app and hide it from the library
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Platinum rule

I don't see a flaw on it, sorry
    And if there is a flaw for children, as advised above

In that part is where the parent needs to intervene restricting child's activity online, like in the internet in general
  4. StandoffHail470 Win User

Cortana on Xbox One bypasses parental controls intended to limit website search results

Anything I can do? Very nice parental controls overall but this is a critical flaw. I can't disable Cortana for my son, and Cortana allows image searches even though my son's account is limited to a whitelist of websites. Please help.
  5. TroHAM Win User

Ea sports Madden

6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

How do I remove content (apps) from my kids dashboard?

Thema:

Parental controls flaw?

1. Parental controls flaw? - Similar Threads - Parental controls flaw

2. Parent Control Pin not working, help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent Control Pin not working, help: My boy is trying to link with his friends on PS5 but needs parent control PIN, we have reset but it is still not working 97006f70-1455-411f-8c0f-53e35bd95ede
  3. parental controls. game purchased on my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    parental controls. game purchased on my account.: Originally the xbox was mine and it is associated with my account. The children have been using it and it has never been a problem. My wife and I feel like our son is spending too much time on it...
  4. I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games: I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games, i need a password, it is a number, I don't have it, i have an Xbox 360. Please help? 04061981-01e3-426d-93f6-7d5aba6c1dc7
  5. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  6. Do parental controls matter?

in XBoX on Windows
    Do parental controls matter?: Hello, I tried to pre-order a Destiny 2 expansion in Microsoft Store directly (Final Shape) I couldn't because of parental controls. Then I went in game and clicked on buy and it took me to the...
  7. Help with Parental control (I am on PC, Windows 11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with Parental control (I am on PC, Windows 11): So basicly I can't play Forza Horizon 4 online because of parental control, I have everything allowed in privacy controls... I watched like 10 tutorials on how to fix it and it still isn't...
  8. When I try to put my parental control pin into fortnite, it says it's wrong even when I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I try to put my parental control pin into fortnite, it says it's wrong even when I...: My parental control pin for fortnite is saying it's not correct. I have signed in to change the pin several times and it still says it's not correct b5517c80-1b79-4a64-8b20-8c1125a33627
  9. The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.: The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can‘t change it. a5a69b26-18a5-439e-8796-96764490afc1
  10. Problems with parental controls on xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Problems with parental controls on xbox: I have 2 boys who both play on one Xbox. One is under my husband's Microsoft account the other under mine. Problem is, the parental controls for both accounts are registered with my husband's...