parental controls/child accounts

Discus and support parental controls/child accounts in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My kids all have multiple email accounts. One for school, one for xbox, one for email. When I look at microsoft family (account.microsoft.com/family) I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DavidFink3, Jul 11, 2022.

1. DavidFink3
    DavidFink3 Guest

My kids all have multiple email accounts. One for school, one for xbox, one for email. When I look at microsoft family (account.microsoft.com/family) I see their names, but I can;t see which email account is linked to my microsoft family account. Is there a way to display the email address of the kids? And is there a way to register multiple email accounts and put them all under the same time and content restrictions?

Thanks,

Dave, technologically impaired dad

:)

DavidFink3, Jul 11, 2022
  2. jawest78 Win User

downloading M content

Meisun is not correct.

Child accounts cannot download M or RP content that is free as that is considered advertising. However, child accounts CAN purchase M and RP content if your parental settings allow it. The parental account attached to your child account can manage these
    settings.

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Parental controls

Only the parental account can remove the parental control from a child's account.
  4. Puppy Fujo Win User

How do I switch my microsoft account, which is already associated to a gamertag, to another already active gamertag?

Because the system is designed so that parents account then creates child accounts as necessary and maintains parental control of all children in their family, not so that parent let's child use gamertag associated with their account.
  5. XBF George L Win User

XBox One Time Limits not working

Thanks for the replies!

So when your son is able to sign into the account on the days that it is set to blocked is it possible that there is also an adult account signed in even though its not being used. If a parental account is signed in at the same time as the child account
    then it assumes that the child account has permission since they are playing together. If the child has figured this out you can Set up a Passkey
    to prevent the parental account from being signed in.

A passkey protects against a child signing in as the parent and overriding parental controls. A personal passkey prevents a child from simply clicking on the parent’s picture, signing in as the parent, and changing the child’s otherwise
    parentally controlled settings.
  6. PositiveTomato Win User

access to on-line status

Have you got a family account setup at all, or parental controls?

That may be the issue.

Try asking your parent/guardian to turn off their parental controls, and reply if it does not help.

If your parent/guardian does not know how to turn parental controls off, tell them to promote the Xbox Live account to an adult one, instead of a child one. You may have a child account, instead of a full adult account.
Thema:

1. parental controls/child accounts - Similar Threads - parental controls child

2. Parent Control Pin not working, help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent Control Pin not working, help: My boy is trying to link with his friends on PS5 but needs parent control PIN, we have reset but it is still not working 97006f70-1455-411f-8c0f-53e35bd95ede
  3. parental controls. game purchased on my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    parental controls. game purchased on my account.: Originally the xbox was mine and it is associated with my account. The children have been using it and it has never been a problem. My wife and I feel like our son is spending too much time on it...
  4. I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games: I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games, i need a password, it is a number, I don't have it, i have an Xbox 360. Please help? 04061981-01e3-426d-93f6-7d5aba6c1dc7
  5. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  6. Do parental controls matter?

in XBoX on Windows
    Do parental controls matter?: Hello, I tried to pre-order a Destiny 2 expansion in Microsoft Store directly (Final Shape) I couldn't because of parental controls. Then I went in game and clicked on buy and it took me to the...
  7. Help with Parental control (I am on PC, Windows 11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with Parental control (I am on PC, Windows 11): So basicly I can't play Forza Horizon 4 online because of parental control, I have everything allowed in privacy controls... I watched like 10 tutorials on how to fix it and it still isn't...
  8. When I try to put my parental control pin into fortnite, it says it's wrong even when I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I try to put my parental control pin into fortnite, it says it's wrong even when I...: My parental control pin for fortnite is saying it's not correct. I have signed in to change the pin several times and it still says it's not correct b5517c80-1b79-4a64-8b20-8c1125a33627
  9. Two adults (parent control) and one child - possible?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Two adults (parent control) and one child - possible?: My son's child xbox account was set up with my partner's email as the approver for games, purchases etc. Can we add my account so that I too can approve his games, purchases etc? I guess the...
  10. Parent control and child email

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Parent control and child email: My son's fortnite gamertag was set up under my (parent) email address. I need to change it to an email of his own so I can use the parent controls in microsoft. He currently has links to my paypal...