Parental Control on. Bought second hand so don't know passcode or security question to change ...

Discus and support Parental Control on. Bought second hand so don't know passcode or security question to change ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought an xbox 360 second hand and the parental Control is on. I don't know the passcode or the question to reset it. Please help.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tweetypie269, Dec 22, 2016.

1. tweetypie269
    tweetypie269 Guest

Parental Control on. Bought second hand so don't know passcode or security question to change ...

I bought an xbox 360 second hand and the parental Control is on. I don't know the passcode or the question to reset it. Please help.

:)

tweetypie269, Dec 22, 2016
  2. Turning off Parental Control

I've bought a second hand xbox 360 on ebay but the previous owner has the parental control set up. I don't know the password or the answer to the security question. Anybody know how to turn it off?

StipuledMass2, Dec 22, 2016
  3. Xbox 360 slim

i recently bought a used xbox 360 slim and it has parental controls activated, the guy i bought it from cant remember the passcode or the answer to the security question. can anyone help me reset the passcode or factory reset the settings so i can play.

DelphicImp44626, Dec 22, 2016
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

You would need to contact support and they can help you reset it. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or Contact Us | Xbox Support

Smwutches, Dec 23, 2016
  5. Smwutches Win User

Parental Control on. Bought second hand so don't know passcode or security question to change it

You would need to contact support and they can help you reset it. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  6. Mistress Sara Win User

parental controls

Hi there,

From the console, go to Settings > family > select a content control setting > when prompted, enter the passcode.

If you don't recall the passcode, you can select Reset Pass Code and answer the pass code question that appears > select Done.

If you don't know the answer to the passcode question, you'll have to contact Xbox Support so they can assist in resetting it:

support.xbox.com/contact-us

More details can be found here:
    support.gtm.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control

I hope this helps.
  7. Mister Gwyther Win User

Removing Passcode

That depends, are you referring to the Xbox LIVE passcode (to sign in to the account) or the Parental Passcode (download content, change settings)? The LIVE passcode can simply be reset by recovering your account, or going into the menu and disabling it
    (requires the passcode). The Parental passcode will not be affected by recovering, and can only be disabled by knowing the code or answering the security question.
  8. Mister Gwyther Win User

Parental controls

Prince: This is incorrect. Recovering an account will only reset an Xbox LIVE passcode, not the parental passcode.

Dodge: The only way you can remove a parental passcode is to A) know the passcode, or B) know the answer to the security question.
  9. Mister Gwyther Win User

I need a code to change my family settings?

The only way to edit or remove the Parental Setting passcode is to A) know the passcode, B) know the security question, or C) call phone support, prove ownership of the parent account, and get a reset code.
Thema:

1. Parental Control on. Bought second hand so don't know passcode or security question to change ... - Similar Threads - Parental Control Bought

2. Parent Control Pin not working, help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent Control Pin not working, help: My boy is trying to link with his friends on PS5 but needs parent control PIN, we have reset but it is still not working 97006f70-1455-411f-8c0f-53e35bd95ede
  3. parental controls. game purchased on my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    parental controls. game purchased on my account.: Originally the xbox was mine and it is associated with my account. The children have been using it and it has never been a problem. My wife and I feel like our son is spending too much time on it...
  4. I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games: I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games, i need a password, it is a number, I don't have it, i have an Xbox 360. Please help? 04061981-01e3-426d-93f6-7d5aba6c1dc7
  5. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  6. Do parental controls matter?

in XBoX on Windows
    Do parental controls matter?: Hello, I tried to pre-order a Destiny 2 expansion in Microsoft Store directly (Final Shape) I couldn't because of parental controls. Then I went in game and clicked on buy and it took me to the...
  7. Help with Parental control (I am on PC, Windows 11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with Parental control (I am on PC, Windows 11): So basicly I can't play Forza Horizon 4 online because of parental control, I have everything allowed in privacy controls... I watched like 10 tutorials on how to fix it and it still isn't...
  8. When I try to put my parental control pin into fortnite, it says it's wrong even when I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I try to put my parental control pin into fortnite, it says it's wrong even when I...: My parental control pin for fortnite is saying it's not correct. I have signed in to change the pin several times and it still says it's not correct b5517c80-1b79-4a64-8b20-8c1125a33627
  9. i recently bought an xbox 360 used, it has parental controls how to disable them and why my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i recently bought an xbox 360 used, it has parental controls how to disable them and why my...: i recently bought an xbox 360 used, it has parental controls, i have no clue of what they are. what could i do? the hdd also says it has 120gb on the top, but when going to the space, it only...
  10. I bought a used xbox 360, but they has with parental control activated and cannot play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a used xbox 360, but they has with parental control activated and cannot play...: I bought a used xbox 360, but they has with parental control activated and cannot play games, I don't have the password. How can I disable? f20da73d-7e10-47ff-95be-ee547834cec2