parental consent

Discus and support parental consent in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hi my son had previously been playing xbox live with wired connection to xbox live. we now have wireless adaptor so he can play in his own room.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AbradantTrash60, Jan 1, 2014.

1. parental consent

hi

my son had previously been playing xbox live with wired connection to xbox live. we now have wireless adaptor so he can play in his own room. unfortunately, after plugging in adaptor he is unable to connect and play his friends. it is stating he needs
    to log in to his Microsoft account. we have tried this and parental consent is required. when we try and give consent an error code keeps appearing. please help

:)

AbradantTrash60, Jan 1, 2014
  2. CyberJunk101
    CyberJunk101 Guest
  3. Parental consent

The birth date entered when first creating the child's account is permanent. You cannot change the account from a child to an adult until that account has "turned 18".

HomegrownSilky, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Mister Urkel
    Mister Urkel Guest

parental consent

Hey AbradantTrash60,

Sorry to hear that your son is having trouble playing with friends on Live. What error are you getting when you try to confirm consent?

Mister Urkel, Jan 2, 2014
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

Cannot change Xbox One/Windows 10 online safety settings to create and join clubs

This may be of help

parental consent?

Why you're being asked for parental consent

If the date of birth on your Microsoft account shows that you're under a certain age, Xbox is required to request parental consent for you to use Xbox Live.

If you're an adult, but you got a message asking for parental consent, it's because you're a child in your Microsoft family.

Solution

If you're of an age that requires parental consent, follow the steps on your Xbox to have your parent sign in and add you to their Microsoft family.

If you're over the age requiring parental consent, have your parent remove you from the family. They'll have to sign in to
    account.microsoft.com/family, select your profile, and select
    Remove.

If you're unable to clear the message, contact Xbox Support.
  6. HeyItsLala Win User

parental permission code - Where do I enter this?

Could You be a little more specific ?

Is it asking for Parental Consent?

When he tries to log in, does it say 'must have parent consent?'
  7. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox game bar not letting me stream, thinks im on parental controls but im not.

Parental Consent Why you're being asked for parental consent

If the date of birth on your Microsoft account shows that you're under a certain age, Xbox is required to request parental consent for you to use Xbox Live.

If you're an adult, but you got a message asking for parental consent, it's because you're a child in your Microsoft family.

Solution

If you're of an age that requires parental consent, follow the steps on your Xbox to have your parent sign in and add you to their Microsoft family.

If you're over the age requiring parental consent, have your parent remove you from the family. They'll have to sign in to
    Remove.

Related Issues
    Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts

Definition of a Microsoft child account

A child's account no longer appears in your family on Xbox One
  8. DrifterX22 Win User

My gamer pic will not change

Solution

Remove.

9. DrifterX22 Win User

Parental Consent for an Adult

Solution

Remove.

Thema:

parental consent

1. parental consent - Similar Threads - parental consent

2. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  3. Parent Control Pin not working, help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent Control Pin not working, help: My boy is trying to link with his friends on PS5 but needs parent control PIN, we have reset but it is still not working 97006f70-1455-411f-8c0f-53e35bd95ede
  4. Any way to leave a family without parental consent?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Any way to leave a family without parental consent?: Recently, I have been trying to use a free month trial for the PC Xbox game pass, to which it tells me that a parent must allow my account to use recurring billing. However, the account that is...
  5. Parental Consent Emails

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Consent Emails: Hi All, I've been receiving these emails to confirm parental consent for one of my kids. It talks about the action required, then says accounts will be suspended on 10/25, then permanently...
  6. Repeat Parental Consent Emails After Confirming Consent

in XBoX Accessibility
    Repeat Parental Consent Emails After Confirming Consent: Hi, I keep receiving emails from Microsoft Family (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***) about confirming parental consent for my daughter's Xbox account. I've already...
  7. Confirm parental consent

in XBoX Accessibility
    Confirm parental consent: I am being contacted by Microsoft to confirm parental consent for my son's account that he uses on occasion for Minecraft. However, when I follow the steps, it gives an error message that says...
  8. Parental Consent Error Message 'Something's gone wrong, it's not you it's us

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Consent Error Message 'Something's gone wrong, it's not you it's us: My son is not able to access his games on Xbox S. His account is linked to mine and I am requested to provide consent. When I follow the link to provide consent, I get the error "Something's gone...
  9. Signing in - parent consent required for the parent account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Signing in - parent consent required for the parent account: My son's x-box account is asking for a parent consent. When I try to log in to my account, it is also asking for parent consent. When I enter my email address, and then the password, it is...
  10. Parent Consent

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent Consent: So I was putting in the parent email so it could give my parent a verification. After that, I had to sign in to my parent's account, and it leads me to the next page and said: "This page is broken...