parental consent

Discus and support parental consent in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hi my son had previously been playing xbox live with wired connection to xbox live. we now have wireless adaptor so he can play in his own room.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AbradantTrash60, Jan 1, 2014.

1. parental consent

hi

my son had previously been playing xbox live with wired connection to xbox live. we now have wireless adaptor so he can play in his own room. unfortunately, after plugging in adaptor he is unable to connect and play his friends. it is stating he needs
    to log in to his Microsoft account. we have tried this and parental consent is required. when we try and give consent an error code keeps appearing. please help

:)

AbradantTrash60, Jan 1, 2014
  2. CyberJunk101
    CyberJunk101 Guest
  3. Parental consent

The birth date entered when first creating the child's account is permanent. You cannot change the account from a child to an adult until that account has "turned 18".

HomegrownSilky, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Mister Urkel
    Mister Urkel Guest

parental consent

Hey AbradantTrash60,

Sorry to hear that your son is having trouble playing with friends on Live. What error are you getting when you try to confirm consent?

Mister Urkel, Jan 2, 2014
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

Cannot change Xbox One/Windows 10 online safety settings to create and join clubs

This may be of help

parental consent?

Why you're being asked for parental consent

If the date of birth on your Microsoft account shows that you're under a certain age, Xbox is required to request parental consent for you to use Xbox Live.

If you're an adult, but you got a message asking for parental consent, it's because you're a child in your Microsoft family.

Solution

If you're of an age that requires parental consent, follow the steps on your Xbox to have your parent sign in and add you to their Microsoft family.

If you're over the age requiring parental consent, have your parent remove you from the family. They'll have to sign in to
    account.microsoft.com/family, select your profile, and select
    Remove.

If you're unable to clear the message, contact Xbox Support.
  6. HeyItsLala Win User

parental permission code - Where do I enter this?

Could You be a little more specific ?

Is it asking for Parental Consent?

When he tries to log in, does it say 'must have parent consent?'
  7. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox game bar not letting me stream, thinks im on parental controls but im not.

Parental Consent Why you're being asked for parental consent

If the date of birth on your Microsoft account shows that you're under a certain age, Xbox is required to request parental consent for you to use Xbox Live.

If you're an adult, but you got a message asking for parental consent, it's because you're a child in your Microsoft family.

Solution

If you're of an age that requires parental consent, follow the steps on your Xbox to have your parent sign in and add you to their Microsoft family.

If you're over the age requiring parental consent, have your parent remove you from the family. They'll have to sign in to
    Remove.

Related Issues
    Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts

Definition of a Microsoft child account

A child's account no longer appears in your family on Xbox One
  8. DrifterX22 Win User

My gamer pic will not change

Solution

Remove.

9. DrifterX22 Win User

Parental Consent for an Adult

Solution

Remove.

Thema:

parental consent

1. parental consent - Similar Threads - parental consent

2. Parental consent for XBox Account for kid is not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental consent for XBox Account for kid is not working: I can't create an xbox-account for my daughter so she can play Minecraft. She already has a microsoft-account, and is member of my online family. On PC, when I go to xbox.com and log in with her...
  3. creating an xbox account for my child results in a error after parental consent

in XBoX Accessibility
    creating an xbox account for my child results in a error after parental consent: Hi, For the same reason as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/error-creating-xbox-live-account-for-child/50c2e7b7-5f3b-4b87-8c22-7fc49c6e213b?auth=1 I tried to create an xbox...
  4. Parental Consent Error Message 'Something's gone wrong, it's not you it's us'

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Consent Error Message 'Something's gone wrong, it's not you it's us': My poor son is about to have his Java Edition Minecraft Account deleted as I am unable to give consent to verify his account. This is the 3rd time we have set up and paid for Minecraft on...
  5. Parental consent failure

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental consent failure: Hi I’m trying to set my son up with a Microsoft account for minecraft, he is under 16 so needs my consent. I followed all the instructions set him up with a outlook.com account and then signed...
  6. Gamertag change consent / Bad design = cost to parents :-(

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag change consent / Bad design = cost to parents :-(: Here is the problem that needs to be addressed. 1. XBox allows parental controls to require consent for purchases. 2. XBox apparently allows a one-time free change to a Gamertag. 3. XBox does...
  7. I keep being asked for parental consent despite my age

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep being asked for parental consent despite my age: I input my age to be over 18 years old. I was playing Forza Horizon 4, attemping to use the auction house aswell as the skins thing. It wouldn't let me, something over parental consent. I...
  8. Parental consents to play multiplayer on Minecraft Java - PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Parental consents to play multiplayer on Minecraft Java - PC: My son set up minecraft java and he wanted to play on a multi-player with his friends. The option was grayed out and said he needed parental consent. I am the organizer but I cannot figure out how...
  9. Option to have Parental Consent to add a Custom Gamerpic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Option to have Parental Consent to add a Custom Gamerpic: Hi there, apologies if this suggestion has been discussed in the past. I know that if you have a child account you cannot upload a custom gamerpic until you have reached a certain age (18 I...
  10. Without parents consent

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Without parents consent: Hello, my name is Mary. I wonder if i can still return the XBOX 1 that my 9 yr old son bought after Christmas. I was so disappointed and dismayed after I learned that he got the unit after i came...