Parental consent failure

Discus and support Parental consent failure in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi I’m trying to set my son up with a Microsoft account for minecraft, he is under 16 so needs my consent. I followed all the instructions set him up... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MarkHadley101, Feb 26, 2022.

1. Parental consent failure

Hi

I’m trying to set my son up with a Microsoft account for minecraft, he is under 16 so needs my consent. I followed all the instructions set him up with a outlook.com account and then signed into my account after entering his date of birth and being prompted to sign in as a parent. At this point I get a failure message

Parental consent failure [​IMG]

I have tried multiple ways of signing in and giving consent, I’ve used the Authenticator app and codes on my phone etc, I’ve followed the email route (see below, if I click on the Sign in to parent/guardian account it fails) and I’ve tried signing in on the pop up screen that comes up when trying to setup my sons account which then asks for a parent to sign in and give consent……every route leads to the page above.

Parental consent failure [​IMG]

Interestingly if I try signing in to outlook.com with my sons username and password this failure screen pops up too. His account is showing in the list of family users on my account btw…

I’m completely stumped, I’ve paid £6 for minecraft for my Son and he can’t use it because Microsoft won’t give him an safe account to use!!!

Can anyone help?

Thanks

:)

MarkHadley101, Feb 26, 2022
  2. MarkHadley101 Win User

Parental consent failure

I think I have found the problem to be honest, its nothing to do with my childs account...... its mine and its ability to add children to a family account...

I just tried creating a brand new account for my son and bring it into the family. When setting up his account I entered his DOB and it immediately asked me to add it to a family account, so I signed in to my (hotmail) account and the exact same issue came up, I got a failure message saying something went wrong after signing in to MY account. Basically I am unable to create any accounts for my children and link them to my account when setting them up

This is INSANE! and its driving me mad!!!

If only I could speak to M$oft support :(
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Parental consent failure

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey MarkHadley101, how are you today? Hope you're well.

What you could try to do is create a family account with your own account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

And then add your son's account to that family group:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

After you do that, you will just have to go to your family group, select your son's account, and give the permits you wish him to have. :)
  4. MarkHadley101 Win User

Parental consent failure

Thanks again!!

Ok so going to the link you provided I get this:

[​IMG]

So I click on manage consent and get this

[​IMG]

But not the tab you mention? I’m viewing on my phone, perhaps it’s not on a mobile browser?

Don’t know why consent is provided as per the circled line, doesn’t seem to be for anything in particular

Thanks

Mark
  5. MarkHadley101 Win User

Parental consent failure

Hello!

Thanks very much for your quick reply

My sons account was already a family member but I did not see anywhere to add permissions for him?

The screen I see is below, not sure where to go from there to set permissions

[​IMG]

I did also see him in the family app but again no clear way to see how to set permissions. Do I need to add their device?
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Parental consent failure

That's odd, that should be that tab I mentioned. :/

Try to remove the consent, and then to give it again.

Also, to talk to Microsoft Support Mark, what you could do is request a callback in the Xbox Support website:

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/contact-us
Thema:

Parental consent failure

1. Parental consent failure - Similar Threads - Parental consent failure

2. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  3. Parent Control Pin not working, help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent Control Pin not working, help: My boy is trying to link with his friends on PS5 but needs parent control PIN, we have reset but it is still not working 97006f70-1455-411f-8c0f-53e35bd95ede
  4. Any way to leave a family without parental consent?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Any way to leave a family without parental consent?: Recently, I have been trying to use a free month trial for the PC Xbox game pass, to which it tells me that a parent must allow my account to use recurring billing. However, the account that is...
  5. Parental Consent Emails

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Consent Emails: Hi All, I've been receiving these emails to confirm parental consent for one of my kids. It talks about the action required, then says accounts will be suspended on 10/25, then permanently...
  6. Repeat Parental Consent Emails After Confirming Consent

in XBoX Accessibility
    Repeat Parental Consent Emails After Confirming Consent: Hi, I keep receiving emails from Microsoft Family (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***) about confirming parental consent for my daughter's Xbox account. I've already...
  7. Confirm parental consent

in XBoX Accessibility
    Confirm parental consent: I am being contacted by Microsoft to confirm parental consent for my son's account that he uses on occasion for Minecraft. However, when I follow the steps, it gives an error message that says...
  8. Parental Consent Error Message 'Something's gone wrong, it's not you it's us

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Consent Error Message 'Something's gone wrong, it's not you it's us: My son is not able to access his games on Xbox S. His account is linked to mine and I am requested to provide consent. When I follow the link to provide consent, I get the error "Something's gone...
  9. Signing in - parent consent required for the parent account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Signing in - parent consent required for the parent account: My son's x-box account is asking for a parent consent. When I try to log in to my account, it is also asking for parent consent. When I enter my email address, and then the password, it is...
  10. Parent Consent

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent Consent: So I was putting in the parent email so it could give my parent a verification. After that, I had to sign in to my parent's account, and it leads me to the next page and said: "This page is broken...