Parental Consent Error Message 'Something's gone wrong, it's not you it's us'

Discus and support Parental Consent Error Message 'Something's gone wrong, it's not you it's us' in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My poor son is about to have his Java Edition Minecraft Account deleted as I am unable to give consent to verify his account. This is the 3rd time we... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by PSJODSJ, Mar 2, 2022.

1. PSJODSJ
    PSJODSJ Guest

My poor son is about to have his Java Edition Minecraft Account deleted as I am unable to give consent to verify his account. This is the 3rd time we have set up and paid for Minecraft on Microsoft, each time something prevents us from accessing his account and the simplest option is to just start again. But this is now getting super expensive and incredibly annoying. It genuinely feels like a scam!!!

I have only one Microsoft account so there is NO possibility that a different email account set it up.

I have tried several different browsers and yes, I have even tried turning my computer off and on again!!

Why am I not able to click the parental consent link? (error message 'it's not you, it's us)

Why can I not navigate to the consent options? (it just sends me back to the Family Home page)

What exactly am I supposed to be consenting to? Surely there is a work around? Minecraft has cost us 3 x $40 already... definitely a scam, right??? Microsoft is so unnecessarily clunky!!!

:)

PSJODSJ, Mar 2, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Parental Consent Error Message 'Something's gone wrong, it's not you it's us

Thank you so much for that. There are some tabs available on the same website as well. I have here a screenshot.

[​IMG]
  3. dean tima Win User

Francia

So I switched accounts to my son's account and the prompts are the same as before. He is asked to sign in after that, he is requested to get parental consent and the we end up at the error :-(
  4. Francia J. Win User

No problem at all, Dean. Now that you're signed in, can you please sign in now using your son's account to test?
  5. dean tima Win User

Francia

Please see below

1. When he switches to his account, he is required to sign in

[​IMG]

2. After entering his password, he is prompted as below to get parental consent

[​IMG]

3. If we opt to use the Xbox, I am then prompted to log in as parent and give consent

[​IMG]

4. I then log in and provide my credentials and then I get the error

[​IMG]

If at step 2 we opt to use "Another device", I then receive an email requesting consent with a link to follow. After signing-in, I then get the error from my Microsoft account
    [​IMG]

All other options from a browser end up at the error above, Something's not working its not you, its us.

Hope that helps
  6. dean tima Win User

Hi Francia

Thanks again for the above. Still no joy though. I have tried using MS Edge instead of Chrome and I am getting the same issue. I do not get the option to skip choosing whether I am a guardian. My son's account was already part of my Xbox family account. Not sure if it helps to mention that I only have issues with signing in when I want to provide consent. I can no longer log into my son's account to change his profile (age) and remove the requirement for consent.
Thema:

1. Parental Consent Error Message 'Something's gone wrong, it's not you it's us' - Similar Threads - Parental Consent Error

2. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  3. Parent Control Pin not working, help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent Control Pin not working, help: My boy is trying to link with his friends on PS5 but needs parent control PIN, we have reset but it is still not working 97006f70-1455-411f-8c0f-53e35bd95ede
  4. Any way to leave a family without parental consent?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Any way to leave a family without parental consent?: Recently, I have been trying to use a free month trial for the PC Xbox game pass, to which it tells me that a parent must allow my account to use recurring billing. However, the account that is...
  5. Parental Consent Emails

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Consent Emails: Hi All, I've been receiving these emails to confirm parental consent for one of my kids. It talks about the action required, then says accounts will be suspended on 10/25, then permanently...
  6. Repeat Parental Consent Emails After Confirming Consent

in XBoX Accessibility
    Repeat Parental Consent Emails After Confirming Consent: Hi, I keep receiving emails from Microsoft Family (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***) about confirming parental consent for my daughter's Xbox account. I've already...
  7. Confirm parental consent

in XBoX Accessibility
    Confirm parental consent: I am being contacted by Microsoft to confirm parental consent for my son's account that he uses on occasion for Minecraft. However, when I follow the steps, it gives an error message that says...
  8. Parental Consent Error Message 'Something's gone wrong, it's not you it's us

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Consent Error Message 'Something's gone wrong, it's not you it's us: My son is not able to access his games on Xbox S. His account is linked to mine and I am requested to provide consent. When I follow the link to provide consent, I get the error "Something's gone...
  9. Signing in - parent consent required for the parent account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Signing in - parent consent required for the parent account: My son's x-box account is asking for a parent consent. When I try to log in to my account, it is also asking for parent consent. When I enter my email address, and then the password, it is...
  10. Parent Consent

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent Consent: So I was putting in the parent email so it could give my parent a verification. After that, I had to sign in to my parent's account, and it leads me to the next page and said: "This page is broken...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error message User under 18