Parental account: unlock the child account and reset the password over parent account possible?

Discus and support Parental account: unlock the child account and reset the password over parent account possible? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I may have not posted this in the right forum, so please adjust this, if necessary. I just created an account for my son, so that he is able... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Thomas Ried, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Thomas Ried
    Thomas Ried Guest

Parental account: unlock the child account and reset the password over parent account possible?

Hello,

I may have not posted this in the right forum, so please adjust this, if necessary.

I just created an account for my son, so that he is able to play Minecraft online. For this, he required a microsoft account (which I created just some days ago). Due to some reasons, he was logged out & we cannot remember the appropriate password anymore.

I have tried to check over the family account settings to reset his password - which does not work (this function does not exist?). So I went ahead & tried to reset his password; but due to the low e-mails being sent from his account (as it was only created days ago), I am constantly getting the automated message back, that it's missing pieces of information and I am not able to reset his password.

My question is: is there another functionality, over which I can reset his password? As said he is part of my family account (this I did during the creation).

Is there a possibility to send a copy of the identity card to Microsoft, so it can be proven I am his father and therefore allowed to change his password?

Thanks,

Thomas

:)

Thomas Ried, Aug 11, 2022
  2. Vanthom7833 Win User

Hello Josef,

Thanks for your reply - though it is not really helpful.

I have connected my account with the account from my son over the family account - I mean, I can adjust many things for his account: but it is not possible to reset his password over the family account tool? Very unfortunate and frustrating.

Thanks,
    Thomas
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.
    Hope you're doing great today despite this Thomas

You could try alternative methods to recover your account here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

If that doesn't work you may need to keep filling the recovery form, try using different but accurate info https://account.live.com/acsr

In cases like this no one Microsoft agent can assist you with this process / tell your the specific email / modify or share account details due to privacy and security policies

Hope it helps, if you have further questions feel to ask

Greetings
  4. VibroPlex Win User

Having trouble

No one at Support can remove your parental account. Instead, use the Microsoft Account Password Reset process to get the password changed, then once you can sign in with the parental account, go to the console and pick
    Settings | Account | Account Security | Promote Child Account.

To reset the parental account password, collect the parental account email address, and then go to
    account.live.com/password/reset
  5. Pancake Ender Win User

My Childs Account

You can download the child account using the parental account email and password, but in order to sign in you would need to sign in with the child account info. If you need to reset the password then the parental email is usually the email that the reset
    link goes to.
  6. KrisFarrell Win User

new family gold member extremely frustrated

Is it possible that when its asking for WLID's and passwords it could be asking for Parental WLID's and passwords? As in the accounts are actually Child Accounts and require parental permission to pretty much do anything on Live?

Bowled, do you remember setting up the accounts and possibly adding Parental WLID's and passwords to them?
Thema:

1. Parental account: unlock the child account and reset the password over parent account possible? - Similar Threads - Parental account unlock

2. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  3. parental controls. game purchased on my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    parental controls. game purchased on my account.: Originally the xbox was mine and it is associated with my account. The children have been using it and it has never been a problem. My wife and I feel like our son is spending too much time on it...
  4. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...
  5. How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?: Hi everyone, My problem: I have two kids, 7 and 9. They each have their own accounts on the Xbox and have appropriate controls and limits in place. Except they both have unrestricted access to...
  6. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...
  7. Xbox 360 - "Invalid Parent Microsoft Account"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 - "Invalid Parent Microsoft Account": I am trying to log into Xbox Live with my old Xbox 360, however when I try to sign in, an error appears saying: "Your parent's Microsoft account isn't valid. Your parent needs to choose a...
  8. How to move child account to new parent account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move child account to new parent account?: When setting up my son (5) Microsoft account for Minecraft I didn't realize I had 2 Microsoft accounts and now he is set up to the wrong account. How do I fix this?...
  9. Erase Parental Permissions on an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Erase Parental Permissions on an adult account: In Fortnite, I am trying to buying VBucks. My Microsoft store account is charged. but Fortnite keeps asking me for parental permission. I am an adult. how can i erase parental permission setting....
  10. XBox Parent Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBox Parent Account: My child has been logging into the parent account and building up game content and status. Is there a way to remove the billing, credit, and additional information from that profile and transfer...