Parent Needs Help w/ Child Account Replying To & Joining Groups

Discus and support Parent Needs Help w/ Child Account Replying To & Joining Groups in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My 10-year-old started using his own Xbox account on our family Xbox. His account is attached to mine under my Family Group. My profile has Xbox Live... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Trixerdog, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Trixerdog
    Trixerdog Guest

My 10-year-old started using his own Xbox account on our family Xbox. His account is attached to mine under my Family Group. My profile has Xbox Live and his doesn't, but I understand we can share it on the same console. He is unable to join groups. When
    selecting "I'm Interested" and trying to send a message, it won't send on the console and there is no error message. On the app, we get the error message:
    Sorry, but there was a problem sending your request. Please try again in a little while.

My 15-year-old has no problems with his account (also under my Family Group) and I don't have the problem on my account. I triple-checked my youngest's privacy and communication settings and he is essentially allowed to interact with Everyone, but the issue
    persists. He insists that he needs an adult account in order to reply to and join groups.

Any suggestions?

Parent Needs Help w/ Child Account Replying To & Joining Groups [​IMG]

:)

Trixerdog, Jul 21, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Need help with managing time limit for my son whose gamertag is use my email address

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor. I am happy to assist you today.

Parent and child accounts on Xbox are designed to help parents manage their children’s gaming activities. A parent account is the primary account that can create and manage child accounts. Child accounts are created for children under the age of 18 and are linked to the parent account. The parent account can set up parental controls, such as screen time limits, content restrictions, and spending limits, for each child account.

You cannot change your account to be a child account. You will have to create a new account for your child.

To create a child account, the parent account must first create a family group. The family group can have up to six members, including the parent account. Once the family group is created, the parent account can add a child account to the group. The child account will be linked to the parent account and will have access to the parent account’s Xbox Live Gold subscription and other benefits.

I hope this helps.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Joining friend’s realms on Minecraft - Safety Restrictions

Hello, Jm_24. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Is your account a child account? If you have a child account you will need to ask your parents to include you in a Family Group and change your Settings for you.

Child accounts can't change their privacy settings even when not on any family group with parental control.
  4. Salmoro Win User

Still have a Xbox Child account - I changed it years ago?

Hi

If your account was before a Child account as a part of a Family Group, You'll have to add yourself again into a Family as a Child account. You must use another account as Parent, then after you add your account as Child, you make the privacy changes in
    your account through the Parent account. Afterwards; you can remove your account from the Family.

If you don't have another account to make it as Parent, you must create a new one.

The Parent account is Organizer , the Child account is a

Add a member to Family Group

Remove a member from a Family Group

Change Privacy Setting on Child account
  5. Nicolas LST Win User

Parent account doesn't show child exists, but child account shows parent account still.

Alright so I figured it out.

Attempting to add the child account didn't work as it said the child account was already apart of a group. I learned through talking with my parent that there was a separate email. Basically two sets of parent and child accounts. I was able to get into the *other* parent account and have changed the child account's age from there. I haven't tested if this will allow me to actually play multiplayer/realms on Minecraft yet, but if I don't reply again to this thread, any future viewers can assume it did in fact work and all is well. :D

Thank you again for all your help!
  6. Salmoro Win User

Changing to parent account

Hi Johan

I assume that you have issue with changing Privacy Settings in your account. So, If your account's already added into a Family Group you will need to change the Privacy Settings in your account (Child account) through the Parent account (Organizer). You
    will find steps how to do that here.

Otherwise, as a workaround, I suggest that you add your account into a Family Group as Child Account. then make the changes in the privacy settings ( follow the link above). afterward remove your account from the Family Group. Remember, you
    will need another account to use it as Parent account (Organizer) to create the family group. You will find steps here.
Thema:

1. Parent Needs Help w/ Child Account Replying To & Joining Groups - Similar Threads - Parent Needs Help

2. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  3. Why do I still need parent permission?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I still need parent permission?: I just bought the Xbox series s and I tried to download rainbow six siege but I said I need parent permission. I already left my xbox/Microsoft family and I am a organiser. Please help me remove...
  4. I cant change my username on xbox or anything that need parental auth

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant change my username on xbox or anything that need parental auth: So i made a xbox account in like 2016 and then my dad of coruse put parental security on it and we lost the email and now he has a new one and we cant accecs it and it has messed up many things...
  5. How can a parent disable the need for a kid to sign in?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can a parent disable the need for a kid to sign in?: We don't play games online. We actually hate it. Is there a way I can disable the requirement that my kids need their passwords to play games on the Xbox? It's annoying....
  6. I need to bypass family controls reset due to parental controls x 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to bypass family controls reset due to parental controls x 360: I can't factory reset due to parental controls 6e482b2f-23ea-447d-a12e-cfffc780f9d8
  7. Parent needing help in understanding how to best to share single player games owned like...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Parent needing help in understanding how to best to share single player games owned like...: I am a mother of two youngin’s who play Xbox games and typically they are single to multiple player game options. However, we do have a couple games, like Subnautica, survival type and puzzle...
  8. Need help with Xbox One parent account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with Xbox One parent account: I work at a children's home with several boys in the cottage. They all have a xbox profile/microsoft account that I have in my Microsoft Family. I changed my email address and it messed things up....
  9. Added funds to parent account, now son cannot use funds. Need help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Added funds to parent account, now son cannot use funds. Need help: We did not realize we had set up two accounts. New to having an Xbox. Now funds are on parent account, and not on sons account that he has many hours of progress on his games. Any way to merge...
  10. Need help accessing (self made) parent account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help accessing (self made) parent account: When I made my Xbox account, it made me get a parent account. Later, when I tried to change my settings, I couldn't because I need to log in to my parent account. However, I also have another...